Crystal Skull (321)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Athenaktt
    I just saw this episode for like the tenth time last night, and I have to agree with everything you said. Another of my favorite part is when jacks says "Hey If you've been listening, Nintendos goes to everything...everything." That line always gets me cracking every time.
    HAHAHA yes I liked the episode too.It has been a while so maybe I'll watch it toonight.I really liked the giants and that scence with Teal'c and Jack Yeah LOL
    your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

That part, and when Jack tries to get out of bed, falls down, and Teal'c just plops him back on the bed are the funniest parts of this show.

Does anyone think that they will continue the giant aliens at all? I think it would be really cool, tho it doesn't look like they will.
      Last edited by Daniel's_twin; 28 September 2004, 12:00 PM.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

I hope they do Daniel's_twin. And I also like the part when Frasher tells everyone ( highlight) that Nick lives in a mental home, and Daniel does that thumb and index finger thing on the bridge of the nose.And says 'Oh no you didn't.' I love that part!
        *Rachel Luttrel* "Where are the bathrooms on Atlantis?" Now what the heck kinda question is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
          Does anyone think that they will continue the giant aliens at all? I think it would be really cool, tho it doesn't look like they will.
          They should. I want to know what happens to good old Nick.

Comment

Great episode where we saw the giants.I hope we get to see them again. When Nick said against Jack:Jack don't be an ass and he looked very surprised.I loved that scene
            Lord Zedd

Comment

I just watched the episode for the first time.

I liked it very much cause it brought back the magical feel of Stargate the movie - you know, Dänikenian exploration and all of earth's mythology actually being based on past alien presence and stuff I also loved the humor in it.

Complaining:

-not only should Daniel be starving, dehydrated and falling through the floor down to China, but he should also choke the moment he was transformed - air should pass through him as well, making it impossible for him to breathe! Also, he shouldn't be able to hear anything, since the soundwaves could not interact with his inner ear - for the same reason (air passing through his body)

-Nick is Daniel Jackson's grandfather, but he speaks with a strong Eastern-European accent. The surname is almost always passed on along the male line, so we have to assume that Nick's surname is Jackson as well. And Jackson is hardly an Eastern-European name, is it? I bet the writers added the accent to the character to give him a kind of continential credibility (a very old archeologist with a Polish accent is more believable as a character, than one with an American accent. Also, an old archeologist with an American accent would be too much like Indiana Jones's father ). Also, it makes the character seem older than the actor really is...

-the cavern scenes contain the worst bluebox shots I've seen in years. Take a close look at the part where SG1 returns to the cavern with Nick and the skull. There's an overhead shot of them walking towards the pedestal, passing by the melp. Just before the shot changes, we can see Tealc's head partly disappear - he must have passed under a protruding part of the bluescreen set...

Comment

Originally posted by _Anubis
                Great episode where we saw the giants.I hope we get to see them again. When Nick said against Jack:Jack don't be an ass and he looked very surprised.I loved that scene
                MP should be happy with this show. The giants are the Furlings according to him.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                  MP should be happy with this show. The giants are the Furlings according to him.
                  Did those look like ninja Buddhist killing machines to you? I think not.
                  Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                  - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Hey! I have theory why Daniel didn't fall through the floor! Essentially, he was in an alternate dimension in which the giant aliens lived while it still could interact with our dimension. The walls and stuff that Daniel walked through didn't really exist in that dimension, so he could walk through it like air because in his dimension, that's all that there was. He could just see what he was going to walk through. But the planet was still there under his feet.

Ok, this sounded a lot better when I first thought about it.
                    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel's_twin
                      Hey! I have theory why Daniel didn't fall through the floor! Essentially, he was in an alternate dimension in which the giant aliens lived while it still could interact with our dimension. The walls and stuff that Daniel walked through didn't really exist in that dimension, so he could walk through it like air because in his dimension, that's all that there was. He could just see what he was going to walk through. But the planet was still there under his feet.

Ok, this sounded a lot better when I first thought about it.
                      You have the best explaintion I have heard so far, about why Daniel can do what he could do.

Comment

Originally posted by Symobolt
                        -Nick is Daniel Jackson's grandfather, but he speaks with a strong Eastern-European accent. The surname is almost always passed on along the male line, so we have to assume that Nick's surname is Jackson as well. And Jackson is hardly an Eastern-European name, is it? I bet the writers added the accent to the character to give him a kind of continential credibility (a very old archeologist with a Polish accent is more believable as a character, than one with an American accent. Also, an old archeologist with an American accent would be too much like Indiana Jones's father ). Also, it makes the character seem older than the actor really is...
                        Later on (S4 The Other Side) we learn that Nick Ballard is Dutch.

As for the name. My maternal granfather's name isn't the same as my maiden name. Even before I was married, his name wasn't the same as mine. So we can deduce, Watson, that Nick is Daniel's late mother's father.
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger

As for the name. My maternal granfather's name isn't the same as my maiden name. Even before I was married, his name wasn't the same as mine. So we can deduce, Watson, that Nick is Daniel's late mother's father.
                          I do my family history and should fit in and if I thought about it long enough I probably would have thought of it.

This time , I bow to the power of the spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger

Got me there, Sherlotte. Wow, it amazes me how silly can I sometimes be being

Comment

This ep was aiight. Sad to hear they didn't follow up on the Nick-story all this time though...

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor
                                This ep was aiight. Sad to hear they didn't follow up on the Nick-story all this time though...
                                I love this episode, it's one of my favorites. I really, really, REALLY hope that they do a follow-up to it in S9. I mean, they just left poor old Nick there with the Giant Aliens! And wouldn't you wonder about the technology they would have?

Dana Jeanne
                                Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Working...
                                X