No announcement yet.

Crystal Skull (321)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I postulated in a different thread that HE should have been the one to open the Osiris Jar.

Comment

Except that if he stayed as Jackson's assistant, he was no where near Chicago when the jar was opened.

I take a very pragmatic view of all the things that aren't followed up on, and that is they only have so much time, and it takes a lot of time to follow up on things. Unless there is an entire story to tell (like Thor's Chariot after Thor's Hammer), they might as well leave things dangling.

I mean, how often do you recap everything that's happened since you last saw your friends, and everything that happened to anyone you introduced that friend to?

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Seaboe: I understand that. Sometimes though the show picks up on something we had forgotten and runs with that and sometimes it brings in a good idea and just dosnt touch it again.

Its no secret Im not a fan of Vala or the last couple of seasons of Stargate SG-1. They went too much the comedy angle and abandoned the 'seriousness' of the show. (Im not saying there wasn't humor any on.. but the humor was derived from small character moments, not having the whole episode dedicated to a joke concept).

Vala though was a character in one episode who Cooper? I think really really really liked. I didn't mind her in the episode she was in.. but casting her as a regular? SG-1 worked because of the structure they had set up. THe 4 person team.

Comment

Cannot agree - there was no "joke concept" due to Vala. I liked her way of acting and she contributed well, she was very human compared to the military men/women.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

I'm not too fond of the last two seasons, but not because of Vala or Mitchell, despite the fact I think they're severely flawed characters. I think they jumped the shark when they introduced the Merlin story line. I also despise the Ori story line.

My favorite episode of the final two seasons is Memento Mori, which is all about Vala.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Vala saved the show for me - so my allegiance lies with her.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'd rather watch S9 and S10 over S7 and S8. Working around RDA hurt the show
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                  I'm not too fond of the last two seasons, but not because of Vala or Mitchell, despite the fact I think they're severely flawed characters. I think they jumped the shark when they introduced the Merlin story line. I also despise the Ori story line.

My favorite episode of the final two seasons is Memento Mori, which is all about Vala.

Seaboe
                  Strange, i liked the whole merlin subline/ Especially after they established Morose was an ancient.

Comment

I think it was a logical conclusion of the Ancients storyline. We had more or less resolved the Go'auld storyline, then the replicator one.

I always believed that the Go'auld were a strong enough adversary as long as the show played it smart for the entire run of SG-1. Its a shame the showrunners didn't think so.

Comment

IMO the Ori story line is very interesting - new stuff, new enemies and a very creepy young woman!
                      CARPE DIEM
                      ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrathraxus View Post
                        I always believed that the Go'auld were a strong enough adversary as long as the show played it smart for the entire run of SG-1. Its a shame the showrunners didn't think so.
                        I do wish they concentrated more on the OTHER gou'ald rather than keeping going on with Anubis and apophis..

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrathraxus View Post

One thing that I wish that they had done was have Baal go into business or politics when he was hiding on earth instead of the stupid clone thing. I think it would have been interesting to have him as a slightly grey character as appose to the other ones that were just evil.
                          sigpic

Comment

If you see the latter part of S10, that's exactly what he did.

Comment

I listened to this last night on audio-only, I think it was funny how when they first reach the skull platform area, each member of SG-1 is talking to themselves about something completely different.. And of course Jack is just wondering "how far down that is" rather than any actual scientific stuff

Comment

This too is one of my favorite episodes. And every single time I'm snorting and laughing when O'Neill tries to get up from the infirmary bed, goes down on the floor and Teal'c hauling him back onto it, informing him that Doctor Fraiser is usally right when she says you're not fit to get up yet. Gets me every time!

I really like how they used the mystery of the crystal skulls and build a story around them.
                                It's a nice way to show more of Daniel Jackson, and how he seems to take after his grandfather Nick Ballard. Like grandfather, like grandson. And they are both right too.

They could have gone so many different ways with this, like total comedy with Daniel being invisible and having him do all sorts of things, or really serious but instead they found a middle path and walked it beautifully.

I do not like, however, that we never hear of the giant aliens again, or Nick Ballard for that matter which is a shame because that could have been interesting. What sort of knowledge did he learn from Quetzalcoatl and his people? Who were they and why did they leave Earth? Or why are they enemies of the Goa'uld?

That's a bit of a shame but nevertheless a beautiful episode that I really enjoy rewatching.

However, Carter fainting and yet still holding onto her doohickey -- that's quite a feat, especially since she doesn't have it with her anymore when they drop down on the ramp in the gate area. Must have lost it after all somewhere between the long run back from the platform.

And really, how far down did that go?

How would you rate SG-1's "Crystal Skull?"

Excellent
                                Good
                                Fair
                                Poor
                                Terrible
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X