Crystal Skull (321)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
    Though I never understood why Daniel had to throw off his vest before chasing Teal'c back to the 'gate from inside the cavern.
    Weight.. Drag.. All would slow him down.

Comment

This is really a character building episode. Nick Ballard is basiclly a plot device to explore more of Daniel's background while Daniel's plot of being in another dimension is used to explore how he thinks. And while I am not against character development and the plot is entertaining enough I have to wonder haven't we had enough episode highlighting Daniel this season? It would seem better to show something about Teal'c for example. This compliant aside I like seeing Daniel interact with his grandfather and the Mist aliens (too bad this is another of SG1 forgotten plot arcs) and showing his teamates real feelings about Daniel. In particular Hammond's story to his granddaughters.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

What happened to Nick Ballard afterwards?? Did he show up from time to time like Jacob Carter?
        And what happened to the parents of Hammond's grandchildren?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
          What happened to Nick Ballard afterwards?? Did he show up from time to time like Jacob Carter?
          Nope.
          And what happened to the parents of Hammond's grandchildren?
          AFAIK, nothing happened to them; we just never see them.

Seaboe
          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Good episode!
            Granpa was cool!

Comment

The only thing I will say about this episode is, at least they didn't nuke a fridge.
              "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

I always felt they shoulda followed up on 'The Mist',for me these guys were either one of the other races or controlled or allied to another race like say the Knox. The Mist seemed to have power that could have been very useful and the fact they say the enemy of my enemy is my friend.Why did we never get to see that arc in full with some further episodes where we discover more about them and why the Goa'uld are their enemy,etc. I really liked crystal skull episode at the time for sure,still do. Hence my username ;-)
                O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
                Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                O'Neill: Like what?
                Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

What powers did they seem to have?? I saw no evidence of any..

Comment

Yeah ok you got me there,well not powers as such but then again we will never know if or what they could or couldnt do,thats the frustration.I remember watching that episode and hoping further episodes would touch on who the mist were or who they were allied to.They were obviously adavanced and it bugged me why we never sought them out more.The enemy of my enemy is my friend,they wanted to be allies with us ...yet nothing ever happened.Just another random irritation of mine lol.
                    O'Neill: So, what's your impression of Alar?
                    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                    O'Neill: Like what?
                    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Just like many other things/people we never re-saw.

Comment

all I have to say about this ep is: Teal'c slow-mo running!
                        In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Another episode I really enjoy watching. Fun comments made by Daniel while no one can see him. Rothman, I really don't understand how he ever managed to be Daniel's assistent. That man's an idiot compared to everyone else on the base. O'Neill's right, he wouldn't have been able to figure out an ash-tray.

Funniest infirmary-scene ever when Jack's complaining and drops to his knees when he's convinced he's fine -- Napoleonic Powermonger.

"Doctor Fraiser is usually correct in such matters."

Teal'c knows.

Random sidenotes:

* CGI is iffy in some scenes -- green screen is still visible behind Daniel, and when they're walking across to the pedestal that whole sequence looks too fake

* continuity error occurs when Teal'c reports back to General Hammond and they show the shot from presumably behind him to show that he can't see the others anymore. However, he should be in that shot. If it's supposed to be from in from of him, the camera is positioned too far back since he's still standing on the round platform when he radio's back.

* Teryl's wearing plateau shoes which look like giant shoes... I know she's otherwise dwarfed when standing next to the others, but they seriously look genormous (visible when she goes to pour Sam water in Rothman's office).

Also random... but as far as paperweights go, I think a crystal skull is just about the coolest you can have.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I also think this one is tons of fun to watch--and IMO, it has the worst special effects of the entire 10 seasons.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

To bad they never go back to this. I got the feeling the aliens were doing a great and powerful Oz impression.

Comment

"And now we must wait for the giant ALIENS."

Such a priceless ep! I agree with Baron Of Hell, the "Omeyocan" or whatever they named them in the Stargate RPG thingy are downright epic.
                                Wish we had another ep with them and Daniel's grandpa!

Comment

Working...
                                X