Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal View Post
    Spoiler

If the ascended cannot interfere in on our affairs, then how does Oma get away with taking out a small army?
    Perhaps that she was on 'hallowed ground' allowed her to act in a defensive manner..

Seems to me that he might have (unknowingly) been reffering to Atlantis, considering it is designed like one...possibly an Ancient cryptic-refference to the first Seige on Atlantis by the Wraith, when the Ancients returned to Earth for good?
    It might, had we known about atlantis this early..

Comment

A pretty good ep. I liked seeing Sokar's left over warriors. Even though Apophis is using them as cannon fodder now.

The monk made me laugh. So did, Daniel. Shoes.
      sigpic

Comment

Loved the night sky on Keb. Beautiful nebula in the distance.

Daniel: "Bye"

Comment

My LiveJournal post
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. Bra'tac: Please! Help! Boy did our guys get caught on the hop.

2. So, Bra'tac was not the first Jaffa that knew the Goa'uld was dodgy.

3. Admittedly the stuff the monk came out with was hard to understand but Daniel seemingly playing fire did look cool.

4. "It wasn't me at all..." almost sounded as though Daniel was annoyed at Oma for fooling him.

5. Was cool to see Bra'tac's turnaround.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Thus begins the Ascension part of the SG-1 mythology. Really liked this episode.

I still dig color on the Sokar/Apophis solder costumes (I can't remember the name of them), silver might look cool, but red is more awesome.

I really love Joel's "theme" for ascension, it sounds so beautiful.

Tomorrow (I really mean it, we got 2 episodes left of season 3 and only 1 weekday left, I don't know how I did it last month (EDIT: September began on Thursday, that's how)), so it's a filter episode, Daniel becomes invisible and only his grandpa can help him.
              sigpic

Comment

Bra'tac and Ancients whats not to like about this episode.
                My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jsonitsac View Post
                  Zen and the Art of Ascension.
                  Cool!

This is the show's Halloween episode, IMHO. Bratack begs for help calling out in anguish that Chulak was attacked and Pops is alive! Daniel, aprehensive, weary and unsure, approaches the bushes as a rush of black crows swarm around him! Bratak tells a heart palpitating ghost story tracking muddy footsteps and grilled Jaffa in the quest to reach Kheb and the Harsesis child, all of which serve to get his Mojo back!
                  spooky stuff.
                  Poor Jack is at his easily startled and confused best with the funniest lines: Oh I don't think I know as much as you think I know! Daniel realizes much and is given the freedom to express his dual sides, and the sky, as mentioned earlier, is amazing.

Comment

For some reason their is something cool about Daniel and Bra'tac using their collective knowledge to locate Kehb.

I have never been the biggest fan of ascension storyline. That said I like this as it brings many plot points together. It shows what Apophis is doing with his new found power and it concludes the search for the Harseis. Although if maybe the search had gone on a little longer. Making it a season long search. Anyway another highlight that gets me is Teal'c and Bra'tac good tracking skills. The rethoric of the ascension monk in relation to Oma is interesting at first but gets boring real fast.

That said its an interesting test to see Daniel give the baby to Oma
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I enjoyed this episode, but still have one question: Why would Amonette be able to leave the child in Oma's protection? What did Oma get out of it in the first place? I mean, I understand leaving him on the planet since it's not known to anyone but other Goa'uld and thus isn't likely to be searched, but I still do not understand Oma's role here.
                      http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

I assume Oma Desala could see/imagine what could happen if the child falls into the wrong hands or if he somehow turns evil. By taking him under her wings she could protect him and make sure all the Goa'uld darkness wouldn't make him a crazy psychopath bent on galactic domination who would eventually figure out how to ascend and kill all the other Ancients.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Plus maybe she felt she could help him get over his eventual melding of the gou'ald memories in his mind..

Comment

I am totally out of the loop........If Amenet was a goa'uld, why would she have the idea of protecting her harcissus child from her own "husband" Apophis???

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                              I am totally out of the loop........If Amenet was a goa'uld, why would she have the idea of protecting her harcissus child from her own "husband" Apophis???
                              Um, maybe it was her (or Sha're's) maternal instinct?
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Since when would Sha're's maternal instinct overpower the goa'uld Amenet?? And how would a goa'uld have a merciful trait like that? I think I am missing something in this story line.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                Um, maybe it was her (or Sha're's) maternal instinct?

Comment

Working...
                                X