No announcement yet.

A Hundred Days (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Besides "Abyss" the best episode of Stargate SG1 overall.

Everytime I watch this episode I love it. I`ve never been a J/S-Shipper so I don`t care what people are moarning about the fact that Jack finds a woman that really fits him.

Honestly, this is the only episode of Stargate that ever made me cry. Usually it takes quite a lot to make me cry about something on screen but this episode does the job over and over again.

Generally I like those calm episodes of stargate, if they are done properly. I love the score, I love the location, I love the characters, hell there`s nothing I don`t love about this episode. It focuses my favorite character in a lovely heartbreaking story. There isn`t another opportunity for me than to call this one the best episode of all series of Stargate. (Besides Abyss)

11/10
    Sorry for my bad english...I`m still learning.

Comment

I was so angry with Jack. I felt he gave up too soon on Sam and his team...

Comment

Well, we don't know how long he waited before settling in with the people... For all we know it could have been a good 50 days.. and usually after tat if there is no rescue already in the works you can say there won't be one...

Comment

I just re-watched the episode for the n-th time.

I really liked how it focused on character development, especially the way Jack and Teal'c gained some "weight". And I also think that the change of pace now and then is what made Stargate SG1 such a great series.

...but each time I see Teal'c hanging in that cave, buried under God-knows how much rock and stone, I can't help myself but think: "Hey, why didn't they just send a damn bomb through the gate to make the cave a bit larger in order to give the big guy a way to dial out without disintegrating himself?"

Comment

Really a great episode, it's great how far Teal'c will go for his friends. I remember when I first watched this episode, I got goosebumps when Jack was digging through the dirt and finally found Teal'c. I don't understand how everything went back to normal so soon after the meteor shower. You would think that dust would be in the air and the rivers would be toxic for quite some time especially seeing as how the planet is covered with Naquada.

The few of my favorite shots from the episode.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

A Hundred Day is my fav fav fav fav ep I absoutly love it, eveytime I watch it I always get a tear in my eye.

My fav shots
              Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

*to be Laura sniff sniff*

Signature made by Mala50

Comment

Originally posted by Jack&Samshipper View Post
                A Hundred Day is my fav fav fav fav ep I absoutly love it, eveytime I watch it I always get a tear in my eye.

My fav shots
                Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

*to be Laura sniff sniff*
                What an awesome assortment of pictures...
                sigpic

Comment

Other fav shots
                  Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Just to be on the safe side for those who haven't seen A Hundred Days
                  Spoiler:
                  With those shots I really love the camera shot&how it goes right around&you see jack going around as well, the expession on Jack's face it's just (to me)so heart breaking i feel for him i just want to go up to jack&hug him i always get teared up

Signature made by Mala50

Comment

I regret ever putting a screenshot in a spoiler box...
                    sigpic

Comment

A tip for the ladies: Never tell a guy that you want his babies.

My Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...dred-days.html
                      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I like your review
                        Spoiler:
                        I wish the ep was a 2 parter, appartenly some fans think that as well,i think in a interview with Richard Dean Anderson&the question was asked&he said something like he wouldn't have liked the fact if it was a 2 parter

My heart just breaks when I see/watch this part
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

To be Lara (I always chock up with this part)
                        Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Signature made by Mala50

Comment

ok. Got a scientific question here. How in the hell did Teal'C shoot a rope through stargate? I mean it had 2 get extended all the way through the wormhole. It cannot just connect between two points and wormhole cannot be an extender as such. So how did he manage that?

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                            ok. Got a scientific question here. How in the hell did Teal'C shoot a rope through stargate? I mean it had 2 get extended all the way through the wormhole. It cannot just connect between two points and wormhole cannot be an extender as such. So how did he manage that?
                            Well, it's been established that the velocity an object or person enters on one side of a wormhole is the same velocity that that object or person exits the wormhole on the other side.

Now I can't remember how exactly they shot the rope through the Stargate in this episode, but if they shot it extremely fast through the wormhole, it could get relatively far on the other side of the wormhole.

I hope that makes sense.
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                              Well, it's been established that the velocity an object or person enters on one side of a wormhole is the same velocity that that object or person exits the wormhole on the other side.

Now I can't remember how exactly they shot the rope through the Stargate in this episode, but if they shot it extremely fast through the wormhole, it could get relatively far on the other side of the wormhole.

I hope that makes sense.
                              How far it gets is not my question. I agree by using the rope gun, it will go far. However, how the rope went through the wormhole is my question. Teal'C didn't go in with the rope. He was in SGC and shot the gun which took the Rope to the other end. Now the rope has to extend through the wormhole to be connected between both sides of the gate. According to wormhole physics, the particles will be broken and re-materialized on the other side to form the object again. So the rope cannot be connected through the wormhole.

Hope I made sense now.

Comment

Originally posted by plague View Post
                                How far it gets is not my question. I agree by using the rope gun, it will go far. However, how the rope went through the wormhole is my question. Teal'C didn't go in with the rope. He was in SGC and shot the gun which took the Rope to the other end. Now the rope has to extend through the wormhole to be connected between both sides of the gate. According to wormhole physics, the particles will be broken and re-materialized on the other side to form the object again. So the rope cannot be connected through the wormhole.

Hope I made sense now.
                                Oh. I see what you mean.
                                You're saying that anything going through a wormhole can't exist at both ends of that wormhole at once.
                                sigpic
                                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Working...
                                X