No announcement yet.

A Hundred Days (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's also the thing that being out of place, scared, separated from relatives and unsure if those left behind were still alive kind of negates the 'fun' of being in a new place.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      There's a good chance those people, depending on how many, were actually staying on base or some sort of "refugee camp", meaning they probably didn't see any of the good stuff...
      Possibly they were sent to the Land of Light temporarily.

Originally posted by pepsiadikt View Post
      Just saw this episode for the first time and I don't know maybe it's just me, but if I lived there and had a chance to live someplace else for 3 months, where everything was a lot more fun and interesting and life wasn't nearly as difficult, I wouldn't want to go back. Makes me wonder if they all went back.
      Considering how they were forced away from their homes and got to take only the barest of necessities, I doubt they looked on any of it as fun.
      Last edited by hedwig; 08 February 2013, 01:01 PM.

Comment

So, the Russians had a little fire rain today. How about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jump237 View Post
          So, the Russians had a little fire rain today. How about that?
          I thought of this episode too when I saw that video of the meteor streaking across the sky!

Now if that happened where I live it would be extra weird as I live close to where this episode was filmed!

Comment

When I was in my early twenties, I was walking at night in my hometown and saw a meteor streak down, blazing across the sky in green and orange fire. Whatever remained of it landed in the park-like grounds of the local hospital not far from where I was walking at the time, and I remember several people (including myself) converging on the site to look for it. Pretty freaky.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
            sigpic
            now also appearing on DeviantArt
            Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Apparently another meteor went streaking over parts of California today. No damage, though. Also no injuries.

Comment

Funny how life imitates art. Now that we've seen the real thing, the effects in this ep are kind of... hate to say it... lame. Sorry!

They kind of botched the scale of the impacts. They seem like they're all impacting way too close to the village not to have blown them all to bits, even if only by the shock wave.

They also made the rookie mistake of not delaying the sound and camera shake to imply that the impacts were happening some distance away. You should see the impact/explosion first and hear it a few seconds later, like lightning and thunder.

One of the characters mentioning seeing a house destroyed. I find it hard to believe one could witness something like that and survive, being that close to it.

I know they made this show a long time ago and had no real world reference, like we do now, so i'll cut them some slack.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                  When I was in my early twenties, I was walking at night in my hometown and saw a meteor streak down, blazing across the sky in green and orange fire. Whatever remained of it landed in the park-like grounds of the local hospital not far from where I was walking at the time, and I remember several people (including myself) converging on the site to look for it. Pretty freaky.
                  Did you find anything? Those meteorites are worth a lot of cash! Go back with a metal detector!

Comment

I know they made this show a long time ago and had no real world reference, like we do now, so i'll cut them some slack.
                    No real-world referents? Meteors have been hitting Earth since the dawn of time. They had plenty of real-world material to work with, but went with what would grab the viewers rather than what would have jibed completely with science.

Did you find anything? Those meteorites are worth a lot of cash! Go back with a metal detector!
                    We didn't find anything that night... but that was over 25 years ago, LOL. I don't even remember what part of Hospital Hill we were looking on now.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                      That must have been amazing to actually see one land close by. Did it make any noise, or I gather it was too small for that?

Comment

There was kind of a sizzling whoosh, not terribly loud but definitely audible.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

I hated all the stuff on the planet, it was just annoying. Especially Mrs I Think I Heard Something On This Device Earlier.

But the team stuff was top notch

ETA: but of course it is The Ep That Launched A Billion Fics, so I like it for that (and I even wrote one of them myself)
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Edora - nice name for a planet... too bad they pass through and asteroid belt every so often. And every 150 years or so, some of them even make it down to the planet...

Okay... we established that. And then one has to hit the space where the stargate stands and Jack gets left behind.

Laira's a bit of an annoying woman but there are worse ways to be stuck on a planet, I guess. Jack seemed to like her.

Sam works day and night to fix the problem, and when they rescue the colonel she totally seems to forget he just spent 3 months off-world without any hope of returning home. Very considerate of you, Carter.

When Fraiser brings Carter coffee... she so totally lost at drawing straws.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The repeating music on Edora reminds me of a classic RPG town because it is so peaceful and rather simple. The village could go on for a hundred days without changing.

I'm with the old man who opposed the team and especially the young guy, because the Colonel wants them to follow as if they didn't have minds of their own. That's expected because he's a "main character" and the Edorans are not. But I still don't wish this to so. The military goes to all these worlds and always takes charge.

Funny how the old man began to trust the Colonel after they had consumed alcohol together.

Comment

I just randomly watched this episode since I forgot what it was about.

I honestly didn't mind it that much. I think Jack did fall for her, which makes sense since he was there for 3 months. It was interesting to see the contrast between his stressful life at the sgc and a simple life there. I also agree with what people said on her (years ago lol) that Sg-1 forgot that Jack has been living with these people and will miss them.

I also couldn't help but wonder if after there people return (who had been on Earth for 3 months) if life on that planet starts to change. I can see the children that went through the gate and saw what life was like on Earth wanting to have the technology too. And it altmently being the start of further development and the loss of the simple farming life.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X