No announcement yet.

A Hundred Days (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine they pulled the gate vertical (there were certainly enough villagers for that) and waited for Earth to dial through.

After that, it's just a matter of power, which the SG team could bring with them.

Seaboe
    If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

General Hammond told Teal'c it was a one-way trip. And what technology did the village have to raise the gate?

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
      I imagine they pulled the gate vertical (there were certainly enough villagers for that) and waited for Earth to dial through.

After that, it's just a matter of power, which the SG team could bring with them.

Seaboe

Comment

If they could build houses I'm sure they could think of a way to pull up the gate. Hammond told Teal'c it was a one-way trip because if he failed to reach the surface in time, he'd die.
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post

Jack got trapped on a planet for 3 months, and Teal'c saved his butt (with help from Sam)
          Actually, it was Sam who "saved his butt", with help from Teal'c. Without the technology that Sam invented/helped build, Teal'c would not have been able to get to Jack. Teal'c did some heavy duty digging. Sam spent 3 months inventing and helping to build the machine that dug out the cavern that Teal'c was able to gate to. Teal'c spent (at most) four hours digging his way to the surface and then Jack helped with the rest of the digging.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
            General Hammond told Teal'c it was a one-way trip. And what technology did the village have to raise the gate?
            Hammond told Teal'c that if he didn't reach the surface it was a one way trip. As to technology to raise the gate--I imagine they had at least the same kind of technology that built the pyramids. Block and tackle can lift amazing weights.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

So this means that there was no other gating for Daniel, Sam and Teal'c for a period of three months? I remember once Jacob Carter asked Sam how often they gated, and she said once or twice a week. Given the experiential overload of gating altogether, I can't imagine a human able to process so much even if only gating once or twice a week.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Actually, it was Sam who "saved his butt", with help from Teal'c. Without the technology that Sam invented/helped build, Teal'c would not have been able to get to Jack. Teal'c did some heavy duty digging. Sam spent 3 months inventing and helping to build the machine that dug out the cavern that Teal'c was able to gate to. Teal'c spent (at most) four hours digging his way to the surface and then Jack helped with the rest of the digging.

Comment

Teal'c was probably on loan to other SG teams, sparring with others in the gym and/or training recruits in lok'nel/bashaak. Daniel was most likely helping out as a linguist/archaeologist/anthropologist, cataloging artifacts and doing research in his lab.

Sam seemed to be solely working on the particle beam accelerator to make sure they could get Jack and the stranded Edorans back to where they belong.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                  So this means that there was no other gating for Daniel, Sam and Teal'c for a period of three months? I remember once Jacob Carter asked Sam how often they gated, and she said once or twice a week. Given the experiential overload of gating altogether, I can't imagine a human able to process so much even if only gating once or twice a week.
                  Well, for Sam, it is highly unlikely that she did anything else besides work on the particle accelerator for 3 months. Daniel and Teal'c, however, might have been loaned out to other teams during the same period of time, since I doubt very much the U.S. Military would be willing to "waste" their abilities by keeping them on base while Sam was otherwise busy. Daniel and Teal'c have both been loaned out to other teams on occasion, and I think Sam may have also been in later episodes.

The quote from Jacob Carter was said in Season 2 ("The Tok'ra), I believe. At that time, they were still finding out just how many places they could go to. In later years, it is conceivable that they were going through the gate more frequently than once or twice a week.

Though I do have to wonder what sort of damage was being done to human bodies who went through the gate as often as those people did over the course of 8-10 years.

Comment

I really liked this episode!

Comment

Just re watched this ep. I like laira and love that she wrestled with her conscience before doing the right thing

Comment

The only thing I remember about this episode through out the years is O'Neill's line when he says "Teal'c, You are ONE Stubborn Son of a *****!" after he sees Teal'c trying to dig himself to the surface.

Comment

Kind of a bittersweet episode, for both Jack and...ah, what's her name...? *shrugs*

Have to say this, though. The music is great.
                          "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Anyone happen to know the location where the scene where they were walking on the bridge and the old man was fishing was shot ?
                            RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Just saw this episode for the first time and I don't know maybe it's just me, but if I lived there and had a chance to live someplace else for 3 months, where everything was a lot more fun and interesting and life wasn't nearly as difficult, I wouldn't want to go back. Makes me wonder if they all went back.

Comment

Originally posted by pepsiadikt View Post
                                Just saw this episode for the first time and I don't know maybe it's just me, but if I lived there and had a chance to live someplace else for 3 months, where everything was a lot more fun and interesting and life wasn't nearly as difficult, I wouldn't want to go back. Makes me wonder if they all went back.
                                There's a good chance those people, depending on how many, were actually staying on base or some sort of "refugee camp", meaning they probably didn't see any of the good stuff...
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X