No announcement yet.

A Hundred Days (317)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fems, I think you are applying your cultural norms to a completely alien culture. Her behaviour was likely in accordance with her own culture.

As for not giving Jack the hundred days, I still think her thought was to help him in a way nobody helped her.
    Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Spend every day with someone you're in love with, for three whole months, and not sleep with him? To me, that's remarkable restraint.

A 40-minute episode can't show you everything. Much must be implied through a series of short vignettes. I felt the show's makers did this quite well. I got the sense that Laira tried and succeeded in getting to know Jack, as they lived and worked side-by-side, day after day. The celebration where Jack got drunk is meant to demonstrate that he's been accepted as a member of the community. Laira made her move that night, not because Jack was drinking, but because Jack, too, had finally reached an acceptance of his new life.

BTW, fems, I don't think you're correctly understanding the meaning of the exchange in which Laira says, "that's not the part I want."

Comment

Never really like this episode, probably because they never followed up on it.
        My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

I have always liked this episode just for Jack calling Teal'c a stubborn....oh wait I can't stay that on GW

No I like this one for the long term aspects. We have seen SG1 team members stranded on planets before but for an extended period of time. So I like seeing how Jack adjusts to his new life. I think its only natural when stuck on a planet for months that he moves on and begins settling into a new life. On the other side its an interesting to see how just basic difference of having resources (something Jack lacks) that the SGC doesn't give up hope of being reunitied. So I like it for the extreme character analysis of Jack of him adjusting and get accustomed to new people.

As for the thing people think Lara was pregenant at the end. I think that is looking into something that really isn't there
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

"Please don't suck the fun out of this."
            If Jack only knew it would be Carter's genius and understanding of wormhole physics that would save his bacon, maybe he'd go a little easier on her!
            He's not as obvious in his rejection of Carter as he is toward Laira, but it's soooooo apparent that he realizes Laira's taken a shine to him and wants no part of her even before the Fire Rain causes them to sit it out in the caves.
            And when he does begin to care, it's almost as though she's a consolation prize. This SO was not in the job description!
            And I agree with Seaboe that Laira is a strong leader, but also with Fems that she's manipulative. The way she handles even the elders of her clan brooks no argument. She's single-minded and very persuasive, as seen after the dance when she must sense Jack's avoidance of her. But, she's also thinking of the future of her people, so I can't dismiss her actions as simply selfish or even, at a stretch, altruistic in consideration of Jack's apparent loss of the life he knew due to her son's actions.
            Daniel getting "it faster than Sam at the end shows how single-minded she can be as well.

Comment

Interesting how people can watch the same show but see it so very differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Freyr View Post
                Interesting how people can watch the same show but see it so very differently.
                If we all saw it the same way, there would be little point in the discussion!
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Painful ep for me.

* Can't believe Jack would believe so quickly (yes...I think that 3 months was a little soon for him to accept that he was never getting home) that his team would give up on getting him home. I understand that Jack knows that the military has no way of knowing if he survived asteroids, and that they will eventually declare him MIA or KIA, but I think he gave up a little fast.

* Loved the Janet/Sam conversation about Sam missing Jack and her concentrated efforts to get him home.

* I don't like how easily/quickly Jack broke with Laira to leave once the team got there (even though I don't care for the Laira/Jack story arc) -it seems a bit of a Jack O'Neill character assaination.

* The pained expression on Carter's face at the end of the ep tears at my heart every time.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

you wanna know something interesting. this was originally going to be a two-part episode.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      * Can't believe Jack would believe so quickly (yes...I think that 3 months was a little soon for him to accept that he was never getting home) that his team would give up on getting him home. I understand that Jack knows that the military has no way of knowing if he survived asteroids, and that they will eventually declare him MIA or KIA, but I think he gave up a little fast.
                      I agree; Jack should have known it wasn't just about him. Perhaps if it was, the military would have declared him MIA/KIA and wouldn't have bothered with Sam's machine, but it wasn't; there were still people from Edora on Earth and they needed to get home as well. Bringing those aliens back to their planet would make Earth look good when they continue their negotiations (for whatever it was they were negotiating about in the first place).
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Naquadah deposits.
                        I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          you wanna know something interesting. this was originally going to be a two-part episode.
                          If so, i wonder what prompted them to make it only 1.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            If so, i wonder what prompted them to make it only 1.
                            IMO, there isn't enough story there for two parts.

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

On all these planets where the Goa'uld put a handful of humans thousands of years ago, how is it that they never multiply into the millions. On Edora there should be millions of people by the time SG1 gets there. Same for other planets. Especially where the goa'ulds managed to forget about them......

Comment

And how did they gate back to Earth from the cavern with no dialer and with the gate lying on the ground? What happened to the probe vehicle if it was going through the gate vertically?

Comment

Working...
                                X