No announcement yet.

Urgo (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgo was played by Dom DeLuise, who is Peter DeLuise's father I think. Peter also played a part when Urgo switched to the younger version of himself in an Air Force uniform.

Comment

Haha! I laughed so much in that episode.

Comment

Originally posted by HPMom View Post
        I love when he says something to Sam about Fraiser and Sam says something to the effect of "Urgo, that's rude." Dr Fraiser says, "what did he say?".
        lol i agree i think that was one of the best bits lol i actually wanted to know what he said and i think that the acter who played fraiser did a great job in this episode
        sigpic

Comment

I love this episode, everything from "Never run with scissors" to General Hammond calling Janet "Teryl". (Best mistake ever!)
          sigpic
          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
            I love this episode, everything from "Never run with scissors" to General Hammond calling Janet "Teryl". (Best mistake ever!)
            I didn't realize he did that. What part did he say Teryl?
            sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

yea i don't remember him saying that maybe i should watch it again or look for the script and have a look
              sigpic

Comment

I didn't realize he did that. What part did he say Teryl?
                Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                yea i don't remember him saying that maybe i should watch it again or look for the script and have a look
                Carter (while walking down a corridor) is talking to Urgo, who is invisible to the audience in this scene. Hammond and Janet converse with her, and then Carter walks off. Hammond then leans toward Janet and addresses her as "Teryl".
                sigpic
                Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

lol now i remember thank u for clearing that up for me
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                    Carter (while walking down a corridor) is talking to Urgo, who is invisible to the audience in this scene. Hammond and Janet converse with her, and then Carter walks off. Hammond then leans toward Janet and addresses her as "Teryl".
                    I watched it again. I wouldn't have even caught it if you hadn't pointed it out because I thought he said "Doctor". Very funny!

Comment

Whovian writes: “How is Dom doing? Please give him a huge hug from me. If you wouldn’t mind.
                      Which brings me to my next question. Your dad is a great cook. How about you? Do you love to cook? And if so, are you good at it? I only say this because I happen to suck at cooking no matter how hard I try.
                      Window Of Opportunity is my all-time favorite episode probably of any television show. Ever. What’s your favorite Stargate episode? It doesn’t have to be one on which you worked.
                      Thanks so much for stopping by to talk with us. I’m very excited you are back!”

PDL: Hug for Dad… on it. I am not a great cook and empathize. My favorite is ‘Urgo’ because I got to work with my Dad. I also really enjoyed “Wormhole X-treme”.

Shiningwit writes: “OOH! I have a question for Peter DeLuise. Season 3 URGO is a favourite of mine and looks SO much fun. I love to watch the background guys trying hard to pretend like they can’t see Urgo. Did the senior Mr DeLuise ad lib any/much and was it as much fun for you guys behind the scenes as it was for us on the other side of the TV screen?”

PDL: Yes, keeping a straight face was very difficult on the set of “Urgo”. Many ruined takes due to laughter. My dad did ad lib a fair bit. There was an enormous amount of material in post that Brad Wright expertly waded through in editing to make a wonderful episode.

ChelledeBoer writes: “Oooh goodie…questions for Peter!!! I had a major crush on that man back in the 21 Jump Street days…I was all of about 17/18 years of age…ahh the memories!?Ok…Peter…thank you so much for joining us here for a Q&A session. I just have a few questions if that’s ok.?1. In terms of directing, what was the most difficult episode of Stargate you directed and why??2. What was your favourite episode of Stargate that you directed??3. What is the most difficult aspect of directing??4. In terms of acting, do you get a chance to stretch your acting skills much anymore??5. What is the one thing you would have loved to have seen happen on Stargate SG1 that didn’t happen??6. How’s your dad? I loved him in the episode Urgo and the movie Smokey and the Bandit. He makes me laugh. As do you when you do your Bill Cosby impersonation!?Finally, any chance of you popping down under for a meet and greet with the fans?? I’d love to say hi.?Thank you. Cheers!! xxxx ~Chelle”

PDL: More numbered questions…
                      1. ‘Most difficult’ – “Condemned” …Too many cast members in too many scenes. I still have nightmares.
                      . Favorite episode to direct, “Urgo” (because I got to work with my dad) and “Wormhole X-treme” (Brother)
                      . Trying not to freak out.
                      . No. I miss acting.
                      . Love alternate reality episodes. I know it’s a stretch but I wanted to see Walter Harriman and Sam Carter consummate their relationship in zero gravity.
                      . Dad is well. I really like Australians… anything is possible.

Robert writes: “I have enjoyed all the Episodes you have directed.. One particular one stands out for me… Urgo from early on in Stargate Sg1..
                      Did you enjoy directing Your Father…??Will we see you working with any of your brothers again..
                      I think all You Deluise Men are superb actors.. I still remember you from seaquest…
                      Will you be writing any Episodes for SGU…?Or possibly be in line to direct any SG1 or SGA Films..?Or even coming up with any stories for future stargate Films.”

PDL: Yes Urgo was my favorite to direct and I cherish that time I had with my dad. I love working with my brothers so I hope that happens again. Re: my future with SG… I don’t know. I hope so… time will tell.
                      http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-blogger/
                      Last edited by Jumper_One; 22 April 2009, 04:37 PM.
                      sigpic
                      The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Urgo is one of my favorite characters who is only there for one ep. "woof"
                        Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
                        ---
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisRules!!! View Post
                          Urgo is one of my favorite characters who is only there for one ep. "woof"
                          One of his best lines is when he mocks Teal'c... "Then you are a parasite like the Goa'ulds". I wonder if Dom ad libbed that one.

Comment

One of his best lines is when he mocks Teal'c... "Then you are a parasite like the Goa'ulds". I wonder if Dom ad libbed that one.

Man would I *love* to get my hands on some of that material.

I've heard rumours of a "special cut" that was R-rated.

<sigh>

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

*sticks fingers in ears and shouts "No! No! No! No! No!"* Seen it twice which is once too often. Never again. So PDL got to direct his dad? Cool. Still, I'd have rather seen DDL play Nerus (sp?).
                              Oh, that's gotta hurt! He'll be feeling that for weeks...

Comment

really interesting
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X