No announcement yet.

Urgo (316)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think urgo should come back for a 2nd episode I miss him!
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you! Finally, someone agrees with me!
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

its would be funny to see. theirs your ascended wepon!!. its good to see a deluise in SG1, its so rare

by the way..... I LIKE PIE!
        Executive 1:Uh O! Our ratings are -9
        Executive 2:What could be so bad to do that to the greatest network in the universe?
        Executive1:It's gotta be that dang star-fence show
        Executive2: I say we cancel it!
        Executive1:OR we could make a movie so awsome, everyone will love it!
        Executive 2: but what about what happend last time sir?
        Executive 1: O yes,NOTE TO SELF never make a movie that has somone with a lawyer...damn vampires
        Executive 2: How about walrus's?
        Executive 1:GENIUS!, but for extra zing will make it possed by alien ghost cowboys. It could be in Las Vegas, with zombies
        Executive 2:Lawyers Sir
        Executive 1: DAMN
        Executive 2: stereo-type canadians?
        Executive 1: PERFECT! but were gonna need a star.
        Executive 2: let's use an actor from Sungate
        Executive 1:Id use the guy with bling on his head but his last name is judge, they scare me
        Executive 2:Will just kidnap and brainwash a model..again
        Executive 1: WE ARE GODS!

Comment

Were not the only one's hopefully.
          sigpic

Comment

this episode is fab. makes me laugh. love the part when he asks them who do they pick him or death. and them signing- lol. i would love for him to come back for another episode, it'd be so much fun

sig by starlover1990

Comment

ya it would.
              sigpic

Comment

i thought this was really a great episode and i loved urgo he was so funny

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                  i would love for him to come back for another episode, it'd be so much fun
                  Hmm. It's a tempting idea, isn't it?

Fun though it sounds; if I'm honest, I'm not so sure what potential there is to have Urgo come back. Much as I enjoyed the episode (and I did), I can't see where a 'return of Urgo' ep would actually be able to go. He's been in their heads, he's annoyed the pants off them (not literally! ) and he's been sent home again. Job done. All we would have would be "Urgo comes back - gets in their heads, annoys the pants off them, gets sent home again". He's not capable of being an active character - he's in their minds and therefore cannot interact with anyone unless they act as a proxy (Urgo! That's rude! )

Even bringing him back as an 'active' character wouldn't have the same impact (i.e. the guy he ended up in returning to Earth with Urgo in tow). The novelty of the episode was Urgo's unseen presence in SG-1's daily lives, and the disruption he caused because no one else could see or hear him - not to mention the sheer irritation of his constant gabble for those who could. Been there. Done that. Laughed and cringed at the singing, too.

It's a pity, as I thought Dom was fantastic as Urgo (who was, lets face it, magnificently infuriating throughout), and I can understand why it would be tempting to bring him back. But the character is a bit of a one trick pony, really. It would be virtually impossible to create a story for him that's not merely a re-tread of this one. I prefer to savour 'Urgo' as a standalone comedy ep.

You know when you've been Urgoed!
                  sigpic

Comment

your right there probably isnt any reason to have him in another episode, but urgo was really fun and i always enjoy watching the ep

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
                      your right there probably isnt any reason to have him in another episode, but urgo was really fun and i always enjoy watching the ep
                      Ooh yes - me too. I had the DVD out again last night; purely as a result of this conversation.

And I was inspired to create a new signature on the back of it, too. Just gotta upload it to photobucket when I get home tonight, though.
                      sigpic

Comment

i like your sig chaka's mum. i think one of the main reasons i like the ep is because they are all funny. i have a really hard time picking a fav moment from this episode to be honest

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Urgo was awesome, and considering that in real life Peter DeLuise directs a lot of the episodes and even had a starring role in Wormhole X-Treme, I can't see a reason why they couldn't bring Urgo back.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Urgo was a fantastic episode, I love it everytime I watch it. Particularly his bit when he try's to convince them not to turn on the EMP. "how about watching golf on television, what a nice shade of grey", brilliant.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
                              Urgo was awesome, and considering that in real life Peter DeLuise directs a lot of the episodes and even had a starring role in Wormhole X-Treme, I can't see a reason why they couldn't bring Urgo back.
                              Don't forget it was Peter's dad, Dom DeLuise, who played Urgo. Pete stepped in for a brief moment when Urgo transformed into what he considered to be a 'Handsome young USAF Officer' , but it was mostly Dom.

It would depend on quite a few factors - firstly, whether Dom would be willing to come back and play Urgo (possible). Secondly, whether Dom would be available to come back and play Urgo (possible, depending on commitments elsewhere). Thirdly, whether TPTB could come up with a suitable plot that wouldn't just be this one all over again in a different setting (unlikely).

Spoiler:
                              Of course, we could plant him in a Prior and see what that does for his smug theories about Origin...

Nah. I think Urgo rocks - but I know he didn't float everybody's boat and I think his return would just send him from being 'endearingly irritating' to 'downright bleep! annoying'. Shame, really. But IMHO I think his story is best left off here.

That's just my twopenn'orth. Happy to agree to disagree, though.
                              sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Chaka's_Mum]
                                Spoiler:
                                Of course, we could plant him in a Prior and see what that does for his smug theories about Origin...

QUOTE]

Ooooh I like that idea. That would be an excellent way to get Urgo back in SG1! Might somehow help in convincing them the Ori are bad as well, hee hee hee.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Working...
                                X