No announcement yet.

Pretense (315)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny blooper in this one. In one shot, the camera looks down from the ceiling at Skaara, as his arms are outstretched with his hands on the platform. In the next shot, with the camera behind him at an angle, someone asks him a question while his hands are together in sort of a praying pose. In the next shot, the camera faces him directly while his arms are outstreteched again.

I backed up the DVD and couldn't help but laugh at it because there wasn't even a split-second clip of someone else's expression to fill in a gap. His arms jumped instantly from the "praying" position to outstretched.

Must be a Goa`uld host super power or something.

Comment

I liked this episode, even if the Tollan were, once again, unbearably arrogant and it was obvious that the Goa'uld contingent weren't going to play by the rules.

I found the Goa'uld arguments during the Triad interesting to think about. I don't agree with the principles (if they can be called that) which the Goa'uld live by, but their case was still well put. I'm sure that real-life trials have sometimes been won with a case less convincing than this.
      sigpic
      Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

I think Zipacna is the most obnoxious Goa'uld ever! Kudos to the actor playing him, I really just wanted to see O'Neill or Tealc just smash that arrogant sneer off his face, LOL.

Spoiler below:

My big question is how did Tealc know how to 'activate' that ion cannon at the end? It looked like punched some sort of code in and the thing started working. It's not like the Tollan's technology would be known to anyone, especially not a former Jaffa.

Comment

Perhaps they were shown which buttons to push when they had the Tolan there, trying to alert them to what Zippies' jaffa were up to.

Comment

When SG-1 were trying to tell the Tollan that the Jaffa were marking the cannons for targeting, Teal'c was watching one of the Tollan people using the control panel on the cannon.

I watched this episode about an hour ago and just realised how much Zippacna looks like my Aunt! I don't think I'll be able to keep a straight face next time I see her!
            Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 04 September 2007, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Maybe it is your aunt from an alternet reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Theimmortaljedi View Post
                Maybe it is your aunt from an alternet reality.
                maybe, there is something goa'uld-ish about her! And not just because her eyes glow!

Comment

lol. look for an entry wound

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    maybe, there is something goa'uld-ish about her! And not just because her eyes glow!

See if she responds when you say KREE!! That will confirm many things

Comment

I always think I like this ep less than I do. I always remember it as being slow and talky, but when I watch it, I really get into the arguments from both sides. I think it was really well done, and though of course you agree with Jack and Daniel's argument more, the writers really made the Goa'uld's point of view valid to a degree as well. I also think bringing in the character of Lya was inspired! Not an episode I pull out over and over, but one that I like to watch when I run across it on tv.

Comment

I think this was a quite good episode
                        The Tollan are very arrogant and i think they should have given us some sort of technolgy for saving them
                        Spoiler:
                        They eventually do in Season 5 but the technology is useless against the Goa'uld. They are also apparently destroyed in this episode ( Between Two Fires )

Finally got the Goa'uld out of Skaara and nice to see him and the Nox again
                        Hope to see the Nox more
                        Skaara was played quite well I think
                        Also nice to see a sort of trial of who should get the body and the Goa'ulds arguments of why they take hosts and why they should stay. They are valid and we get to see the Goa'ulds point of view
                        Overall quite a good episode
                        Last edited by Teddybrown; 02 April 2008, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Definitely one of my favorite Stargate episodes of all time. Lya and Teal'c save the day, I wonder if the other Nox ever found out that Lya was responsible for the destruction of a Goa'uld mother ship. I suppose it wouldn't matter if they did, the Nox probably have no prisons or discipline measures.

I also have to ask why Apophis didn't accompany Zipacna's forces in order to save his son Klorel. After all he does control the single largest fleet in the galaxy, it would be in his interest to retrieve the knowledge of the Tolans. I suppose it is possible that Apophis wasn't aware of what was going on, but you would think being the leader of a giant empire would prevent things from getting past you.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                            Definitely one of my favorite Stargate episodes of all time.
                            Mine too! This and "Fair Game" are my two favorite Season 3 episodes.
                            sigpic
                            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                              Mine too! This and "Fair Game" are my two favorite Season 3 episodes.
                              I agree Fair Game was a very good episode, I'm not sure which one I liked better.
                              sigpic

Comment

Do you think Sam kept Schrodinger?

My Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2.../pretense.html
                                My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                                http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X