No announcement yet.

Foothold (314)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did we EVER hear anything from these guys again?

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      Did we EVER hear anything from these guys again?
      Nope, getting their asses whupped by what a couple of inhabitants of earth must have scared them off.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

Ashame, they could have been neat to run into again.

Comment

This is my favourite SG-1 episode of Seasons 1-7 .
          Sam and Maybourne made a very good partnership,and I liked the mimic devices ! Nice team moments,especially between Sam and Teal'c.
          Good to see Major Davis teaming up with Jack.
          Alien Hammond was superb,as was Janet's "Evil twin".
          To sum up,tons of fun to watch,and the Cast seemed to relish the plot too.

I'd like to see more of the "Foothold Aliens",but so far nothing .Not the only race to be sidelined by the bigger arcs.
          No harm in hoping,though !
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

It really is a shame that SG-1 hasn´t use those aliens again as they where a lot more cool then many others they´ve run into. I got a big predator wipe from them. My guess would be that they felt the costumes where to expensive

Wouldn´t it be cool if they ran into a system lord that actually turned out to be one of these aliens and that they where trying to take over the system lords?

This is without doubt my favorite show of this season and is a serious contender for the over all best show.

Comment

At least the tech. gets revisited in season 6.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee
                At least the tech. gets revisited in season 6.
                yeah but that epi was a little boring in season 6 this epi was cool Maybourne was in it He had to cut himself
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Hey Everyone, I just bought a costume from stargate props.com, one of the Alien outfits from Season 3, episode "Foothold." It even is coming with a MIMIC DEVICE!!!, sweet! Anywayz, one thing it does not come with is the headpiece for the costume. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about how to make one from scratch. I was thinking a tough styrophome from Home Depot carved into the correct shape, then overlaid with some sort of rubbered glue painted to the correct colors and rippled in the fashion of the original on the DvD. Not sure what I am going to do about the eyes and ventilation, but it might come to me. Any ideas, please let me know... [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                    Not enough people give Mayborne credit for helping out, once he finally grasped the situation. He didn't just try to slither away, which lesser men might have.
                    I agree with MC on this.

I don't remember if they ever figured out why (the aliens, I mean) they couldn't mimic Teal'c or Sam. I figure it was the Junior in Teal's and the naquada in Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                      I don't remember if they ever figured out why (the aliens, I mean) they couldn't mimic Teal'c or Sam. I figure it was the Junior in Teal's and the naquada in Sam.
                      I just finished watching this (it was the 6pm showing for today) and "Janet" does say to "Hammond" that they couldn't take over Teal'c because of Junior (I forget what she called it) and Carter because of her past blending or something.

This is one of my favorite episodes, but it had to grow on me. When it first aired I was 'eh' about it, and didn't watch it again until it came out on DVD. I like the actual story, and I thought Maybourne was great! Carter was done very well, too, good soldier.

Everyone had something to do in this episode and I like when that happens. The switching back and forth between Carter and Daniel was great; MS did a good job playing Carter.

Yep, for me, in the immortal word of Ed Sulliven, this a really good shew!

Dana Jeanne
                      Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Genty
                        Still a bit awry though because of the whole halucinating chemical thing. She just seemed a lil' to bit quick to draw the gun and pull the trigger...

Before she pulled the gun she looked at Maybourne and saw the look of shock on his face and knew it was for real because he could not have been 'exposed' to the halucinate chemical.
                        Last edited by GatetheWay; 05 December 2004, 11:13 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                        Spoiler:

Comment

Evil Janet, as I think someone described her, was great. TR plays evil really well--TPTB should bring TR back as a villain! Can't you see it?--"Silence, insolent scum! Or I bring the BIG needles!"

Okay, now I'm freaking myself out. Changing trains of thought...
                          Last edited by zats; 02 January 2005, 11:18 AM. Reason: I am a luddite. That is all. And my depth is immaterial to this conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer359
                            Maybourne didn;t seem like such a bad guy in this episode. In fact, he usually seems like a man with honorable intentions. I find it kind of odd that they portrayed him well here, but made him look like a bad guy right after in "Shaeds of Grey." I much prefer the somewhat goofy, midguided Harry to the evil, scheming Harry.
                            Personally I've never really thought of Maybourne as a "bad guy". Granted he goes a little to far a few times ("Bane" comes to mind). But he believes that the SGC arn't doing all that needs to be done to protect Earth so he has to take matters into his own hands.
                            In fact if this was the real U.S. Millitary running the SGC what kind of man do you think would running it. One like Hammond who cares more about the people of other worlds than weapons and alien tech or Maybourne who would stop at nothing to atvanse good old U.S.A?

Edit: Upon reading my post I see comparing Maybourne to the real military doesn't really help my argument that he isn't a bad guy Oh well I still think he's cool

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                              Evil Janet, as I think someone described her, was great. TR plays evil really well--TPTB should bring TR back as a villain! Can't you see it?--"Silence, insolent scum! Or I bring the BIG needles!"

Okay, now I'm freaking myself out. Changing trains of thought...
                              That is funny hehehe I can allready see Janet Fraiser as a systemlord Aaahhh The possibilities of imagination are endless
                              Lord Zedd

Comment

Watching this right now, and had to comment that its awesome when Teal'c holds his Zat like he's going to ambush the soldiers, and then just knocks them out with his fists!

Bald Teal'c was so cool, now he's all...emo...
                                FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Working...
                                X