Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walter_MacChevron
    replied
    Pretty darn good episode..........when will we see these guys again?! Knowing TPTB.........never..........

Leave a comment:

• Ascendant
    replied
    Heh heh...now I'm hooked on this idea of Evil Janet the System Lord. She'd probably wear black leather and chains. What was that Jack quote from season 5? "Four-foot-nine killing machine."

Speaking of leather, I love episodes where we get to see SG-1 out in casual clothes in the outside world. The scene with "Daniel", "Jack" and Maybourne in the outdoor cafe was one of my favorites ever. The one in the plane was awesome, too - though Sam should know better than to start getting her gun off in a pressurized cabin.

Love this episode, aside from the icky intestine things dangling around the captured SGC personnel. Here's another vote to Bring Back the Foothold Aliens. It would be fun to see them go up against the Goa'uld.

Leave a comment:

• Stricken
    replied
    Good episode, shame they have never returned TPTB what are u doing you have two storylines to be round up !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Perriman33
    replied
    Yeah, I thought they were a bit too cool to waste. Lets face it there aren't many villains who we've fought who are still alive (apophis doesn't count! ) so they deserve at least one more episode even if it's not directly against earth.

Leave a comment:

• Darkstar
    replied
    jack: listen really jam it in this time!

the foothold aliens are the best take a look at my avatar i love em but you know whats weird....they have all their memories i hope the producers don't do what they did with STV have a crew who were not who they seemed living the same lives...oh wait that was done with double jeprody...hmmm.still bring em back!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SilverRider
    replied
    Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum
    Particularly that jab in the ...*ahem*... rear.

ROFLMAO! that's funny

Leave a comment:

• Chaka's_Mum
    replied
    Particularly that jab in the ...*ahem*... rear.

Leave a comment:

• Perriman33
    replied
    These aliens were great,this is one of the episodes where I liked working out what had happened. Sam and Teal'c worked good together. I must admit I too,thought that maybourne might be an alien.This could easily have been made into a two-parter it was so good and it would have been cool to find out more about the aliens and their technology. Jack seemed to like punching frasier a bit too much *That felt a bit weird* is all he could come up with, maybe it was payback for all those injections.

Leave a comment:

• Wyrminarrd
    replied
    Just watched this episode again a few days ago and it is definetly on my top five episodes list.

It´s a crime that they haven´t used these aliens again on the show, there must be a way to write another good episode involving them. Perhaps they were scouting out Earth as a possible refuge from the Orii?

Leave a comment:

• QuiGonJohn
    replied
    Liked this one too. I would have liked to see them use the devices more to infiltrate the aliens. Like Carter did with Daniel's device. Still very enjoyable. I was worried for a little that somehow Maybourne was an alien, when he was freaking out about Carter trying to use the second device, the one that links the thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• RubyRed
    replied
    Sam was on fire in this episode. I loved how she insulted maybourne i wish she'd done more. i think her peformance in this episode was excelent it showed her as an individual character. that doesn't need an order to do what must be done.

Leave a comment:

• Chaka's_Mum
    replied
    I have always enjoyed Maybourne as a character. The smug git that everyone loves to hate. This time, however, he gets jerked out of his smug-git-ness and proves that he actually has a spine (you'd be amazed how many smug-git-types don't!). His cool thinking when he has to prove to Sam that he's not a disguised Alien is brilliant. No dithering about how he 'couldn't possibly be an Alien because...' stuff, just a simple slice across the hand to show his red (rather than cerise) blood. Neat.

It's also great the way that despite the attempts at safeguards, the risks inherent in Stargate exploration still come to bite the SGC in the butt.

It was also a fab spot of acting from AT. That moment when Sam begins to wonder if she really has been acting on the premise of an hallucination is beautifully done - plus that fab line about Maybourne being an 'Idiot every day of the week'. It shows how desperate she is to shout that at a senior officer!

Leave a comment:

• fair_nymph
    replied
    This is my favourite episode from Season 3, and one of my favourite episodes of all time. It's also my favourite Sam episode so far, and there a few very good Sam eps in this season.

I love it when Sam is in charge -- she has great leadership abilities and it's nice to see her out of Jack's shadow. As someone said, this episode really demonstrated both the competency of Sam's character and the brilliance of Amanda's acting. I must also give a nod to MS for a great performance as Sam.

I'm delighted to hear that AT was responsible for the 'you're an idiot..' line. Sam's usually such a nice little goody-two shoes, and so I love it when she gets snarky.

I also love bad-ass Sam, such as when she shot alien Jack without hesitation. She *IS* pretty slick with a gun, and I enjoy that side of her. We don't see it nearly enough IMO. Don't get me wrong I LOVE brainy Sam, but I like ass-kicking Sam alot too. It creates some lovely complexity within her character.

I too do think Maybourne deserved a little credit, yeah he's still a jerk, but he isn't a coward, and he DID help once he got his head out of his butt and started believing Carter. I too much prefer him in his helpful good-guy role as opposed to scheming evil NID role.

Great job on TR's part as evil Janet, I have to agree that she'd make an excellent villian, but I prefer her good with occasional bouts of evil.

Leave a comment:

• ApophisOfTheStargateRealm
    replied
    i saw the episode tonight and well...it was the first time i sort of liked Mayborne as a chrector... lol...im sure glad he is out of the picture nowadays...

Leave a comment:

• greenighs
    replied
    "tetra-chlora-ethyl-mermalyne" ?! I almost fell off the couch!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X