• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
    Orner is Randy Disher from Monk
    That's why he looked so familiar.

Anyhow...

Not such an interesting episode really. It's kinda meh...

That those two who found SG1 were married was clear from the get-go the way they behaved, like the cliche of an old married couple. Funny too.

And hello Linea... or Kyra whichever we prefer.
    I didn't blame them for being suspicious and reluctant to want to work with her but in the end they have to sort of put their prejudice aside and ask for her help.

Daniel doing a rebound... seriously?! Yeah, right...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The destroyer of worlds - again but different.

Good ending, hope for the future of that woman.
      CARPE DIEM
      ANJA

Comment

Mmm, but what if she regains her memory again?
        sigpic

Comment

I think they made sure that won't happen - she can't remember and the people on the planet are not advanced enough to give her back her memory.
          CARPE DIEM
          ANJA

Comment

I have meh-feelings about this episode. Orner and his friend, who turn out to be that old married couple, are fun to watch but I'm not charmed by the episode as a whole.

And the Destroyer of World is done no justice. They reduced her to a convenient plot-point and it fell flat.

Not very memorable, that's for sure.

How would you rate SG-1's "Past and Present?"

Excellent
            Good
            Fair
            Poor
            Terrible

Comment

I agree with FH. Maybe she is my lemening. The episode is a boring one as mentioned they just butchered Linea. I for one have a hard time believing that she would stop being a sociopath because she lost her memories. The episode shows our skills remain in tact, so should the personality. Really the problem with this episode comes to Linea and her sick romance with Daniel. I too call it a poor
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Really the problem with this episode comes to Linea and her sick romance with Daniel.
                Michael Shanks agrees with you on that part. As it was, Past & Present was supposed to be filmed before Forever In A Day, but due to some unexpected shuffling, it ended up after FIAD, and he felt uncomfortable about Daniel making out with the first attractive woman he sees, so quick after Sha're's death whom he clearly loved very dearly.

Daniel makes a mention but it's just like a throw-away in the story and the proceeds to be infatuated with Linea anyway.

Comment

It's not just Share dying. It would have been creepy regardless because of the sociopath Linea was before the memory wipe
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    It's not just Share dying. It would have been creepy regardless because of the sociopath Linea was before the memory wipe
                    That, the companion guide is quiet about, but indeed he still keeps the connection going, even after he knows who she really is. Second chances be damned, she's a psychopath -- you don't get named the Destroyer of Worlds for nothing.

Comment

Hey guys, we don't know her side of the story. Maybe it was all just a misunderstanding, and her very worthwhile medical research sort of got out of hand. I mean, this second time she didn't mean to regress everyone in age and wipe their memories, maybe that plague was just supposed to give everyone immunity to something...

...Nah. She's a psycho.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Hey guys,

I've just reached this one in my re-watch and I really hate that they didn't even try to find out what Linea really did! I mean yes she supposedly killed a lot of people, but then again so did Teal'c (and he was put on trial for that, too in "Cor-Ai", hell the SGA-Team was also put on trial in the Pegasus Galaxy for waking up the Wraith despite their noble intentions (they didn't want to wake anything or anybody up, they just wanted their people back!)...hell, the SGC also was "on trial" several times (SG-1 was sent to prison where they found Linea in the first place, the entire SGC faced Senator Kinsey and the IOA several times who both didn't like many of their actions etc. etc.) and each time they presented arguments, but here they themselves didn't even try to find out what Linea did before wiping her mind again!)

Then there is this incredible substance Linea found (note: I'd really like to know why they didn't take some of the cold-fusion-plants in the original Linea episode! Those would have solved a real problem on Earth and would probably be worth billions!) and which was sadly not used again!

I mean call me an ass, but would offer this substance to anybody in the SGC (regain your youth, serve your country and planet longer!) and maybe even sell it, too (the SGC would never be starved for money again!) they can after all cure the loss of memory!

greetings LAX

Comment

Seriously, what shows her to be a psycho IMO is that she
                          1. experimented on people without their permission.
                          2. experimented on people without their knowledge.
                          3. went straight to human experimentation without exploring the risks of the drug.

Sounds a lot like Dr. Mengeles to me.

Seaboe
                          If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Maybe, but maybe she only experimented on herself (she wanted her youth back which, after decades in prison, I can understand!) and triggered some chain reaction (or maybe she was "contagious" and spread the experiment?)? Fact is that we don't know!

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                              Maybe, but maybe she only experimented on herself (she wanted her youth back which, after decades in prison, I can understand!) and triggered some chain reaction (or maybe she was "contagious" and spread the experiment?)? Fact is that we don't know!
                              But we do know -- she made a notation in her diary about two elderly people she used to experiment on, which were then thought to be Linea and that Doctor something-something.

Comment

Ok, so she experimented on herself and one other, but that still does NOT explain how she lost control of the experiment (she probably wouldn't have liked the memoryloss, so why would she subject herself to that if she doesn't have a cure - unless she were dying, then she'd probably use her drug to avoid that, hoping that the memories return later!) and how it spread!

greetings LAX

Comment

Working...
                                X