No announcement yet.

Rules of Engagement (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dad told me something the other day which made me think of this episode. He says that in the Cold War era there were entire villages and towns in the USSR which were mock-ups of English towns, where all the road-signs and achitecture and everything were english and where trainee spies could walk into the pub and ask for a pint of the usual and chat about Preston North End's chances in the cup this year or whatever.

Nothing is new under the sun, it seems! But it's funny to think that Apophis was just re-doing what the russians used to do.

Madeleine

Comment

Carter in full combat gear, camo paint and all is a win in my book

Comment

Intars are sweet.
        This ep reinforces the fact about how horribly the Goa'uld rule. Apophis has been dead for awhile and yet people are still training to fight for him. They are so willing they will die for him and ironically he is already dead.

Comment

I love the line when Tea'lc goes "this is colonel O'Neill he is much loved by Apophis" the look on Jack's face is funny
          "No Buzz I AM your Father" Zurg Toy Story 2

"I'll level with you Bob My names not Kirk it's Skywalker Luke Skywalker" O'Neill 1969

Comment

I liked this episode too. I thought their camp was made to look a lot like MASH, expecially the flagpole with the stones around it.

Comment

Not a lot you can say about this episode SG1 came ,saw, and sorted it out. I liked the idea behind it and it took me a while to work out what was going on. Some funny lines in it as well.

Comment

I thought it was a little weird how quick SG-1 was to jump in and try to help those people...it almost seems like they automatically forget that the trainees are mini-Jaffa training to kill them, just because they're wearing Air Force uniforms and have American names.

Of course it all turned out all right in the show, but it seems like that kind of morality-driven naivete could get them in some serious trouble. It's not really consistent with other episodes, and I wonder if it's because the American-ness of the soldiers got SG-1's guard down. And it's a danged good thing that Apophis's supposedly loyal servants are willing to betray his cause for tuna sandwiches. ....Mmmmmmm. Tuuuuunaaaa......

But I do love that shot with the Big Honkin' Apophis standing in front of the gloriously waving American flag. "I pledge allegience to the flag, and the great system lord Apophis..."

Comment

Not a lot you can say about this episode SG1 came ,saw, and sorted it out. I liked the idea TPTB had. Some funny lines in it as well mainy comeing from Jack....suprise...suprise!

Comment

Originally posted by Ascendant
                    I thought it was a little weird how quick SG-1 was to jump in and try to help those people...it almost seems like they automatically forget that the trainees are mini-Jaffa training to kill them, just because they're wearing Air Force uniforms and have American names.

Of course it all turned out all right in the show, but it seems like that kind of morality-driven naivete could get them in some serious trouble. It's not really consistent with other episodes, and I wonder if it's because the American-ness of the soldiers got SG-1's guard down. And it's a danged good thing that Apophis's supposedly loyal servants are willing to betray his cause for tuna sandwiches. ....Mmmmmmm. Tuuuuunaaaa......

But I do love that shot with the Big Honkin' Apophis standing in front of the gloriously waving American flag. "I pledge allegience to the flag, and the great system lord Apophis..."
                    Yea, and the "captured" jaffa even regards Hammond as his commanding officer even though he knows Hammond is supposed to be his enemy. This shows how brainwashed or how deep they are into USA's military style.

Comment

An alright eppy...........(notice how they saved money by not showing the Stargate "off-world"?).........interesting story angle

Comment

when the team first arrives rogers treats them like they are part of a different camp or something. Wouldnt he be able to tell that they are adults?.
                        sigpic

Comment

Those SG team imposters were impressive. As previously pointed out in this thread that camp was like replica of KGB training camps during Cold War era where American/British culture was being taught. And I like giant Apophis.

There are a few plot holes through. How would those trainee SGC imposter Jaffas enter SGC without Iris codes after their training ? ( unless they took them from SG team they killed ) Besides why didn't they have a communication device to keep contact with Apophis ? ( those cool looking sphares ) And I throught that after death of Apophis , his assets ( rest of his fleet , army etc ) were shared by rest of the Gou'old. Maybe those trainee Jaffas were left forgotten there.
                          Last edited by desert fox; 13 June 2006, 05:38 AM.

Comment

i liked the idea of this episode i think it was brilliant and the idea of apophis creating it its just brilliant

Comment

this seriado and of first line.

Comment

Still making my way through S3 comments. This one is one I forget about a lot. I thought there were some great lines (mostly when SG-1 was 'dead'), and the story idea was interesting, but there is nothing in this ep that makes me take it out and watch it. I just catch it on TV every once in a while. I give it a 6/10

Comment

Working...
                                X