No announcement yet.

Demons (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An okay ep. It's always great to see Unas. Especially bad ones.

Zombie Teal'c!
    sigpic

Comment

Marie has posted her thoughts on this episode in Blogging Stargate ... I've added an imaginary conversation with Teal'c about Christianity and the Bible in the comments.
      Last edited by davidf; 21 December 2011, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by davidf View Post
        Marie has posted her thoughts on this episode in Blogging Stargate SG-1 ... I've added an imaginary conversation with Teal'c about Christianity and the Bible in the comments.
        Oh! I now know who you are!
        I find it awkward to reply to comments on my own blog because the formatting is strange, but I'm glad I've found you here so I can thank you for following, commenting, and all that good stuff.

Very interesting thoughts. I'm glad my blog has sparked that little bit of discussion. That's really all I can ask for. (:

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
          Oh! I now know who you are!
          I find it awkward to reply to comments on my own blog because the formatting is strange, but I'm glad I've found you here so I can thank you for following, commenting, and all that good stuff.
          No problem!

For interested people -- there is a thread about CMWriter's blog here too.

Comment

Why did it take Samantha Carter so long to detect the goa'uld in the priest?
            When a particular civilization buries a stargate, that effectively ends their contact with anyone, however they mentioned that the goa'ulds would travel by spaceship instead of ther stargate, so what difference would it make to Simon's people??

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
              Why did it take Samantha Carter so long to detect the goa'uld in the priest?
              She had to wait until he was close enough; also, she had to think--something was not right, what was it? It really isn't all that long.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

When did these Middle Ages humans get brought to their planet by the Goa'ulds if it was after the Earth stargate was buried??

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                  When did these Middle Ages humans get brought to their planet by the Goa'ulds if it was after the Earth stargate was buried??
                  My guess would be the middle ages.

There was a second Stargate in Antarctica, and we know the goa'uld knew about it because dead Serpent Gaurds were found near the DHD.

Comment

That makes sense and would have been a good storyline to follow, i.e. how Ra et al got around the buried stargate by somehow detecting the second one, and using it. Of course it would have required alot more resources to bring human slaves all the way to Antarctica from Egypt or Europe, which is apparently what they did in this episode.

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    My guess would be the middle ages.

There was a second Stargate in Antarctica, and we know the goa'uld knew about it because dead Serpent Gaurds were found near the DHD.

Comment

Not a big fan of unas and/or religious fanatism.
                      sigpic

Comment

Reminded me of how crazy people can be when it comes to religion

Comment

The only thing that seriously irks me about Stargate...any episode dealing with religion treats it all as evil/fanatical/naive. I know it's just a show, but when will they stop demonizing religious people and embracing Eastern stuff as 'good'? Not everyone who worships God as a singular person is bad! (erm...bad example...)

*rant over*
                          "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

pretty meh ep for me
                            the Canon was too bad all the time and using his power. I would have preferred him to have been a bit more conflicted about the way that he was ensuring that the villagers mostly stayed alive.

And a bit more explanation about the ring wouldn't have gone amiss.

But lots of lovely build up for Sokar over the last few eps. Great stuff.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Managed to get through this episode, albeit had to restrain myself by putting my hands underneath me so I couldn't turn it off... However, I will never watch this episode again. I absolutely and truly hate it. Not dislike but hate... true hate.

Dark ages were dark for a reason -- oh goddess yes...

Idiots, the lot of them. Ignorant idiots to the nth degree. With that fat dude in the lead, controlling his flock as much as the devil he worships (read that however you like).

The village setting - we'll see that a couple times more over the years.

One cool thing - the alien creature that scurries out of the way, and later over the side of the building -- a cute little alien lizard.

Henceforth, I shall ignore this episode, and pretend it never existed in the first
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It seems a few missed the plot line about Simon - the man of faith who saved the day.

Anyway, another great episode - every episode in Seasion 3 so far have been far superior to the previous seasons, especially this one and Learning Curve. The locations, in particular the forests are getting dull, so it was funny to hear O'Neill comment on yet another woodland planet.

Comment

Working...
                                X