No announcement yet.

Demons (308)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they ever say anything more on what that 'ring' weapon device was?? I would have loved it if they revisited that..

Comment

Nope. This was pretty much a filler episode that established only a few things for further continuity, the main one being that there were more than one Unas.
      Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        Did they ever say anything more on what that 'ring' weapon device was?? I would have loved it if they revisited that..
        i know i wanted to know that as well it is a shame that they didn't revisited it
        sigpic

Comment

The reson i wanted to know, is the way it looked like it 'activated; made me wonder if there was some sort of satelite weapon in orbit. Also the way those 'clouds formed' reminded me of all the times we see the ancients use their powers..

Comment

While this episode probably isn't one of my favourites, I thought it was an interesting concept which worked well.

It was good to see an Unas making another appearance. They seem like quite an 'old fashioned' type of enemy, compared with Apophis et al, but still tough and formidable.

I'm suprised to hear that the ring device won't make another appearance. I would have thought that it would be something other Goaul'd would have, or that the SG teams would study more thoroughly and possibly develop further.
            sigpic
            Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

I'm kinda knew to the whole forum thing but have a small request that I could use some help on.

I wanted an mp3 version of the theme song of this episode (classical/church music that is layered into the rest of the music) and don't know where to find it or how to get it. Please help someone?

Comment

Sorry, wish I could help you there, you might try Amazon.

Anyhow, I liked the medieval Christian theme to this, and wondered if this is the reason that the village had obviously not made any progress whatsoever(that they were terrorized by the Unas, not that they were Christian!!!). Would really have liked to revisit that village 5 years later, or something like that.

The weather thing reminded me of what the Asgard can do....

Comment

Actually when i saw it, i was more reminded of Oma and what she did to the Gou'ald in Maternial instinct. I would ahve loved it if te team went back, even if only as part of a bigger episode, say showing one of the other teams reporting back from that planet... But iirc they did tell them to bury the gate.

Comment

Yes, they did tell them to bury the gate. You're right. I'm wondering if that's a good thing to do. Perhaps, it is in the short run, but in the long run ... well, maybe when they're advanced enough, they will make contacts by ships, or they will have some kind of legend or lore that will tell them to unbury the ring of darkness 500 years in the future... hmmmmm.

Comment

Let's see, working my way through posts on season three episodes. Demons, what did I like about that one? Not much I can tell you. The only thing that comes to mind is when Jack first says that if HE wants to help someone again, to kick him, then later he says if DANIEL wants to help someone, to shoot him. That was great. Other than that, I seriously disliked this one. The villagers annoyed me to no end. And Canon wasn't the best costume job they have ever pulled off. Mostly, I felt I had seen this story told on many different shows, and didn't see the usual "Stargate Spin" on it to make it stand out. I would probably rate this as one of my three LEAST favourites.

Comment

I think it was an ok episode
                        Not too much action but a bit of "is Teal'c alive?"
                        What happened to the ring that Jack got given? Do we ever see it again?
                        I think it was nice to see an Unas make an appearance
                        Hope we see more of them
                        Also nice to see some religion coming into the episode. Christianity really tied in what with Sokar being the "Satan" and the Unas as the "Devil".
                        Also the Middle Ages showed because it was kind of witch crafty as they thought SG1 was possessed by Demons and Teal'cs trials were like the ones they did on witches
                        Last edited by Teddybrown; 27 March 2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed this episode. The Dark Age village looked great, and the Unas character was fun (OK, it's a guy in a big latex suit, but it looked awesome). O'Neill's comments after arriving on the world were hilarious: "Trees, trees, and more trees..." or something along those lines, and then the Mike Myers nod with the pinky. I like the episodes where SG1 walks into an ancient or medieval era village and the locals scramble in fear and shock.

It was interesting to see Dark Age Europeans (Englishmen?) in this episode. I'm curious if the characters had any recollection of how their ancestors arrived on this world. I suppose Sokar only transplanted a small seed population of humans to this world, hence their culture hadn't yet progressed out of a medieval culture (especially since they had no access to ancient Greek & Roman learning as medieval Europeans on Earth did). Whether Sokar used the Antarctic stargate or ships to relocate the humans to this planet is a good question. I'd imagine that Sokar would be pissed when he stops receiving human hosts from the planet - and might even send Jaffa warriors and Unas to lay waste to the village.

For that matter, why do Goa'uld bother to capture humans at all? Couldn't they just use their advanced technology to grow test tube babies that have been genetically altered to make perfect hosts? It would save the Goa'uld the time and effort of hunting through the Galaxy for suitable hosts.

I was so angry in this episode. Who are this people to decide who bad and who's not. if they really were cristians and have read the bible then they should have known that god doesn't support murder. I can't stand small minded people. they were so ignorant i wanted to kick their ass for what they did to teal'c of course i was happy when he was back.
                          I hate small-minded people, too. I'm no Biblical scholar, but I'm pretty sure the Old Testament God does support murder in several passages, when he calls upon the Jews to slaughter their enemies.

Comment

The first time I watched this episode, when they were forcing Teal'c into the water I was so mad it gave me goosebumps. I knew that he would survive, but it made me feel like killing the Canon and I am a pacifist. When he is shot I found myself feeling a certain amount of emptiness. I began to realize that he was just as much a victim as every person in that village. He did those things to people out of fear and ignorance, not because he was evil at the core. I really do wish that SG-1 could have helped them without such collateral damage being done.
                            sigpic

Comment

Halfway through this episode, I wanted someone to drill a hole into my head.

Rating: 3/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/07/demons.html
                              My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                              http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
                                Halfway through this episode, I wanted someone to drill a hole into my head.

Rating: 3/10
                                The guy who wore a leather beanie in “Cor-ai” showed up again. Apparently, he is only allowed to appear in boring episodes that feature infuriatingly ignorant villagers. I was happy they killed the Canon.

My biggest complaint about this episode was how the ring wasn’t discussed more. How did the villagers get it? Where did it come from? Why didn’t they use it against the Unas? The explanation of how the villagers were Christians was pretty weak, too.

We learned there were more than one Unas. Sadly, they all don’t speak like James Earl Jones. We also learned that Teal’c can hold his breath for a really long time.

Bonus point for the Dr. Evil impersonation and Sam’s reaction.
                                I agree that they should have discussed the ring further. However, the reason that the Canon didn't use it against the Unas was obvious. The Canon holds control over his people because they fear the Unas, this is extremely similar to how religions work on Earth. If the canon decided to kill the Unas, his people would start living their own lives and he would loose control. He keeps control by basically saying that if you don't do everything I tell you to than you will be sacrificed. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it was the Goa'uld themselves who gave the Canon's predecessors the ring.

I think your rating of 3/10 was way off, I would give it at least a 5/10

P.S. - Why don't you just post what you write in your blog on the forum?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X