No announcement yet.

Deadman Switch (307)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just watched this ep for the first time in a while and I'd forgotten just how funny muchof the dialogue. I burst out laughing with the whole 'tac' conversation and Teal'c, Daniel and Jack's expressions.
    It's one of the funniest I've seen in a while, which surprised me, because I'm sure I didn't like it much the last time I watched it!
    Clare
    sigpic

Comment

There are some great lines in this ep, from everyone.
      At first I wasn't sure what to make of Aris. I was confused, is he arrogant or really cool? (he was also very American for an alien) I never realised he was ol' Flash Gordon. He has changed over the years (duh!)

Too bad there was never a follow up to this. By the later seasons I imagine it's getting harder to get a steady supply of Roshna, (and a long lasting gou'ald to work for!) It would be a good plot-convergence if the Roshna was actually Tretonin!

Comment

He probabily got killed for letting SG1 go..

Comment

Man! The kids and I adore this episode. From Daniel's "Found something", right through his "Thanks. That doesn't make me feel any better". It was nice when the writers and producers finally felt confident enough to more than hint at the humour. This is where I feel they took their first big leap into all out silliness (well...1969 was pretty fun, too) and it worked beautifully. Sam Jones was a wonderful choice and I agree with the other post that said you are making us feel old when you don't know him as Flash Gordon. I suppose that will change some now that the new Flash Gordon series is on. Maybe more people will be curious about the old movie.

More faves from Deadman's Switch:

-Aris: I know that, but your a doctor, aren't you?" Daniel: "...of Archaeology..."
          -"Should have let the dog out"
          -Daniel: "Good idea." Jack: "It happens."

Comment

I think there's a goof in this episode.

At the start, Aris explains that Sam has a high price on her head because she contains the memories of Jolinar.

Then later, it's made to seem that he's never heard of the Tok'ra.

Any thoughts? It could probably be explained away by the fact that he didn't know that Jolinar was a Tok'ra, but surely Jolinar's notoriety comes about because of that fact?

Anyway, any thoughts?

sigpic

Comment

Depends. Some of the gou'ald seemed to not really want to give acceptance to the Tok'ra being around (black sheep of the group), and others might have just wanted to keep the general knowledge that this earthling had not only met them, but had one possess her for a little time.

Comment

First time ive seen this one and i thought it was quite good
                Wonder if they will go back to Aris Boch in later episodes
                I thought the plot was quite good and there were a few funny lines

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro View Post
                  Then later, it's made to seem that he's never heard of the Tok'ra.

Any thoughts?

It's more along the lines that he's never had the difference between Goa'uld and Tok'ra explained to him - as he himself says when he's taking Teal'c up to rendezvous with Sokar's mothership,

Aris: "It's a pretty noble thing you're doing."

Teal'c: "You have made a sacrifice as well."

Aris: "I guess I never knew the Tok'ra were...different, you know."

It would have been great if they'd brought Sam back as Aris - he worked well with the others, though many people don't like him because of his need to pwn everyone he comes across At the very least, he deserved a shout-out in the episode "Bounty" when the Lucian Alliance was trying to get their mitts on SG-1!

Comment

Aris Boch was a man of many cliches.

Rating: 3/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...an-switch.html
                    My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                    http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I thought the technology in this episode was awesome. Especially the takunitagaminituron's (Tak's), I was disappointed that we never got to see these devices again. This was the first time we see the Tel'tak a small intergalactic spaceship that we see a lot throughout the Stargate series. Aris's upgrades to his Tel'tak were also very cool and the self destruct device was a fun part of the episode.

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
                      Aris Boch was a man of many cliches.

Rating: 3/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...an-switch.html
                      You think so? I thought he was really cool, all the knowledge and strength of a Jaffa with the exact same limitations. We see how the Goa'uld make slaves of humans in different ways, variety being the spice of life and all.
                      sigpic

Comment

I LOVE THIS EPISODE!

I don't really know why, I just love Aris! It's nice to see a potential "bad guy" who's willing to joke around with his captives! I too have memorized this ep back and forth, and have put it on my iPod! Now I can watch it wherever I go! YIPPEE!

My favorite line has to be the part about Jack being and pain in the "mikta"! Absolutely priceless and now I've got a new nickname to call my brother!
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Not a bad episode. The first time we see many new technology and the now widely used cargo ships.

Just goes to show bad the Goa'uld are and the lengths they will go to, to enslave and stop possible threats from every becoming formidable enemies.

It would of been good if he gave Sam some of his blood as well may of helped work out why the Goa'uld couldn't use them as hosts.

hehe some funny Daniel and Jack moments in this episode as well.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Good episode. It had some funny moments indeed. I wonder if we ever see Aris again...

Comment

I am not sure what to think of this episode. Aris Boch sounds so Earth-like. It's too weird. He's not from Earth but he speaks and acts like he is.

I enjoyed the tech stuff in this ep. The cargo ship, the cloaking, the Taks (what's the complete name again?), the shields, etc.

I love how Jack just casually zats Aris. Even the 2nd time just to see if it doesn't really work.

I wonder if they were able to help Aris Boch's people?

Comment

I thought the episode was boring anyway! Well, for one, the STARGATE was mentioned in dialogue several or more times, but the STARGATE itself, was in seen anywhere in the episode.

Comment

Working...
                                X