No announcement yet.

Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I never even thought about those little details until today, it was so seamless!
    Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

That's the curse of the beauty of great FX: you don't even know they're there.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartEagle
        I'm always speculative... perhaps Jack didn't go back to the right world afterall... maybe he switched worlds with another Jack from a reality where the only difference was he had decided to have decaf coffee instead of regular for breakfast??.
        Heh! I hadn't thought of that. Maybe his coffee selection somehow changed the fate of the universe a la chaos theory. You know, "if a butterfly flaps his wings in Japan, it rains in Conneticut" sort of thing. Or however that goes.

Originally posted by SmartEagle
        It's always so entertaining when characters are having a conversation with another form of themselves.
        I love the part where the dual Sams are geeking out about the power generator, feeding off each other in a mutual brainstorm...and Jack's just standing there looking aghast.

It was particularly clever when they had that shot with Major Carter holding Doctor Carter's hand in the infirmary. I had to pause it for a second and stare at it. I think they had someone sticking their hand up through the bed for Major Carter to hold...then when they filmed Doctor Carter they hid her arm under the blanket so it looks like they're holding hands. Pretty freakin' cool.

The best part of the episode was when they go to the alternate reality. They did such an awesome job making it look atmospheric. They kind of did the Aliens thing, with lots of dim, misty blue lights and sparking electronics and stuff. It all looked incredible.

I noticed, too, that Jack and Teal'c seemed small-minded..."Our reality is the only one of consequence", "So which reality is real?" and all that. But that's really how someone would react if they'd never heard of alternate dimensions, I would guess. It would be difficult for them to accept that the alternate dimension is just as real, so they'd push it back to secondary importance. It was very clever characterization on the part of the writers.

Really great Sam/Jack stuff too. AT is incredibly emotive when she gets the chance to show it - she can really break your heart. The contrast between Doc Sam and Major Sam was fantastic, especially after the big scene in Doc Sam's quarters. And it was fantastic seeing the supressed emotion on Major Sam's face when she saw them kissing through the mirror. There's SO much you can read into it.

Comment

Interesting episode. I wish they had pondered about how saving the "bad" reality would just split off infinite other realities in which they couldn't save it. Would have been interesting to see them think about the obligations they might have to those realities, and the fact that some Earth out there must lose. Or speculated that two realities causally linked by the mirror can actually avert the possibility branching. I still liked the episode, though.

Comment

I like this epside the, the character that should have done a cameo of them selves should have been Jack and Daniel, the rest all did one

Comment

I just love the parts where Teal'c and his alternate self meet.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
                I like this epside the, the character that should have done a cameo of them selves should have been Jack and Daniel, the rest all did one
                They couldn't afford to pay RDA twice.

Comment

I always love AU episodes!!!!!............wait exlude "Moebius"...........move that down to "like"

Comment

i really like this episode it was a pleasure to watch it again today
                    My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

I always liked this episode, even though I'm not a fan of 'alternate reality' plots. (Don't get me started.....) But I do like it regardless. Doesn't necessarily 'further the plot' of the Goa'uld storyline, but it's interesting nonetheless. And about as well-done as an AU episode can be.

Comment

The kiss at the end was hot.
                        Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                        Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

Saw this on Sci-Fi yesterday. Definitly one of my favorties. Love the idea of the alternate-reality characters popping up in the show's timeline. The acting was good, especially by Amanda tapping as he alternate Samantha Carter. Her wig was kinda of obnviuos but that didn't take away too much. Love the ending with that kiss and Sam crying after the mirror was turned off.

timdalton007

Comment

Same here. Sky repeated this ep last weekend; I came across it just as it was starting (just having turned the TV on and not having seen the ep guide). The moment I saw AU Sam and Kawalsky on the other side of the Quantum Mirror, the first thought was 'Yay! Point of View!'

Have to admit that I always fill up a bit when AU Sam gets the photo out of her pocket in her room and sets it up under the lamp...*sniff*
                            sigpic

Comment

I watched this last night on dvd. I have to agree with everyone that this is a really good episode, I personally love alternative realties and time travel episodes.

I really like Dr. Carter and Jack interaction with each other. I felt sad that she had lost her Jack, and then come to find in another reality that's he's alive. I don't know how I would react if that ever happen to me.

I was curious about the where abouts of the alternative Dr.Jackson. I guess he never showed any interest in the program and that's why he wasn't apart of the team. It didn't mention that they had a SG1 type of team, did it?

I give it 4 out of 5 stars. A good episode!
                              Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

Originally posted by rac76
                                I was curious about the where abouts of the alternative Dr.Jackson. I guess he never showed any interest in the program and that's why he wasn't apart of the team.
                                Didn't it mention somewhere that Daniel was dead in that reality? Haven't seen the ep for a while so I'm not sure, but sure someone else will clarify.
                                sigpic
                                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Working...
                                X