No announcement yet.

Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative realities are cool. When Sam and Kawalsky come through the Quantum Mirror, it’s such a twist on what happens in this reality. Sam, not being Air Force, can marry Jack.

When Sam and Kawalsky return to their reality, “our” Teal’c kills the “other” Tealic. Jack asks Teal’c why he didn’t just zat him. He replies “Our reality is the only reality of consequence. Great line!

Comment

Personally I like to think Teal'c took his anger out against himself for what he's done in the service of the goa'uld, on himself... I think that makes for better character development

Comment

It would make sense since he did want to die to those people in S1 for his crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post

AT played AU Carter more emotionally because she's different from our Carter...and she's recently been through an enormous tragedy. I don't think AT's portrayl of our Carter is wooden or limited at all...rather she portrays our Carter as a woman who exercises a lot of control over her emotions -she only breaks down in the most extreme circumstances and even then she gathers the pieces up quickly.
          Oooh, I very much like what you say here, and I totally agree. I especially love the last sentence. Thanks for sharing!
          Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Interesting episode. Those alt reality episodes always a joy to watch for me. Richard played being confused very well, not only about science talk, but being around ALT Sam.
            sigpic

Comment

One of the best episodes of Stargate!!

Comment

One more thing, Sam said SGA and not SGC, did she mean Stargate Atlantis or what did she mean?

Comment

Alternate Reality #2! In this one, Sam and Jack are (were?) married and Kowalski is alive.

The major sticking point for me was the interaction between Alternate Sam and Jack. She's just lost her husband and seeing someone who is just like him must be awful/confusing. Jack tries his best to comfort her, but in the end she realizes that he just isn't the same man.

Angsty but action-packed episode.
                  "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimes View Post
                    One more thing, Sam said SGA and not SGC, did she mean Stargate Atlantis or what did she mean?
                    Maybe in their reality they called it star gate authority..

Comment

Originally posted by Sam-n-Jack-in-<3 View Post
                      The major sticking point for me was the interaction between Alternate Sam and Jack. She's just lost her husband and seeing someone who is just like him must be awful/confusing. Jack tries his best to comfort her, but in the end she realizes that he just isn't the same man.
                      What do you mean by "sticking point"? Did you want ASam to fall or Jack or what? I thought they handled it well. He was compassionate but awkward. He really didn't know this woman.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Until this episode I like Stargate, from this episode on I love it!

I really like AU episodes and this was a great one. I liked the awkard and yet intimate interesctions between Jack and AU Sam and our Sams reactions to seeing them together. Jacks reaction to two Sams was funny.

I find it interesting that Teal'c killed his AU self. I think it's because he couldn't handle the fact that there was a reality in which he was still in service of the goa'uld. He propably even thought he did a favour to that Teal'c, if AU Teal'c knew the truth about his God, wouldn't he rather be dead than his servant. This isn't mentioned or touched in any way, but it's how I see it.. Although I didn't get his comment about ours being the only reality of consequence..

I hadn't actually missed Kawalsky, but it was good to see him back. I wonder how his and Jack's relationship had developed if he had been able to stay.. They are good friends in both realities, but they still surely have experienced different things together..

Comment

Having watched this episode a second time after watching virtually all seasons I wondered about things I didn't think about the first time: how did the Asgard of the parallel universe get to Earth SO FAST after Alternate Sam told them about the goa'uld? And what would have happened to Earth after the goa'uld escaped thanks to the Asgard? Weren't the Asgard already aware of Earth in that reality?
                          Conceivably OUR SGC would have wanted to maintain contact with those alternative realities, something which could have been a story arc for a movie or for several episodes. We'd all like to know what happened to that Earth, to Alternate Sam, Alternate Hammond and Alternate Kowalski. In their reality there will not be a Jaffa Teal'c to help them, nor even a Dr. Jackson, although we don't know whether Daniel never existed in that reality or was a professor in some university in Texas or something.

Originally posted by Dimes View Post
                          One of the best episodes of Stargate!!

Comment

Just like everyone else, I loved this episode! I love all the alternate reality episodes (including the ones from SGA, because those were hilarious). Characters talking to themselves? Priceless.

I also think it's a great insight into the reality we are watching. As someone pointed out in this ep, it's the differences between this reality and all the realities we've seen where the Goul'd take over Earth that really make the difference. Teal'c coming over to this side, Carter joining the Air Force, Daniel Jackson being a part of the team...they're what make a difference. It's a reminder of the significance of each character, and also a reminder of the significance of particular choices. The decision Teal'c made to betray Apophis literally becomes a choice that [helped] save Earth. I do wonder about how the Jackson in the alternate reality managed to throw Catherine out of his office (as I remember from the original movie, he was in no position to throw anyone out of anywhere when Catherine found him).

And, following up on that come my comments on Sam/Jack. They were (obviously) married in the alternate reality, but the alt. reality Carter didn't really have any chemistry with this Jack, he wasn't really the same. They made that pretty clear, in this sort of heartbreaking way (how WEIRD must that be to have your dead husband who's not your husband there like that?) And, given the suggestion that it's the differences in this reality that permit the Goul'd to take over Earth...couldn't one suppose that the Sam/Jack relationship is one of those things? That it's somehow not meant to be, because it's a choice that belongs with a bunch of other choices that managed to lead the Goul'd to earth? I'm not sure I'm explaining this particularly well, and I don't want to anger any Sam/Jack shippers. But I've never really seen the chemistry between Sam and Jack, I really don't get the ship, and it strikes me as significant that it's something we've really seen possible (as far as I've seen, which is season 3) in what one might call 'failed' realities.

Okay, rant over.
                            Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

Originally posted by ComtessedeBussy View Post
                              And, following up on that come my comments on Sam/Jack. They were (obviously) married in the alternate reality, but the alt. reality Carter didn't really have any chemistry with this Jack, he wasn't really the same. They made that pretty clear, in this sort of heartbreaking way (how WEIRD must that be to have your dead husband who's not your husband there like that?) And, given the suggestion that it's the differences in this reality that permit the Goul'd to take over Earth...couldn't one suppose that the Sam/Jack relationship is one of those things? That it's somehow not meant to be, because it's a choice that belongs with a bunch of other choices that managed to lead the Goul'd to earth? I'm not sure I'm explaining this particularly well, and I don't want to anger any Sam/Jack shippers. But I've never really seen the chemistry between Sam and Jack, I really don't get the ship, and it strikes me as significant that it's something we've really seen possible (as far as I've seen, which is season 3) in what one might call 'failed' realities.
                              Although I'm a shipper, I don't really find it "satisfying" to see alternate universe Sam with our Jack. I agree, there is something missing.. I do see the chemistry between the characters (but I understand not all do..) but it's so much related to all those situations they experience together... The alternate universe Sam and this universe Jack don't really have a history together. Also their experiences of their relationship with each other are so different.. Sam who is married to Jack and Jack who is a friend of Sam. It's like they're out of sync. (I hope I could express it so it makes sense).

That's an interesting point about how Goa'uld attack earth on those realities where Sam and Jack are together... Obviously, as a shipper, I don't see it as a sign that it's not meant to be. But now that you mention it... there is a connection. What is it that keeps Sam and Jack from getting together in this reality? It's the regs. As Sam mentions in this ep, her not joining the military is one of those differences between the realities where the goa'uld attack is successful and where it's not. And in those realities, where Sam is a civilian, she and Jack are free to begin a romantic relationship.

Ouch! So how to solve it? I guess I would interpret it so, that what is "meant to be" is that Sam and Jack (along with the rest of SG-1) are supposed to first save the earth (x number of times) and in the end, they should have each other! (Oki, that's my personal way of looking at it..)

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Starry Night View Post
                                Ouch! So how to solve it?
                                Pretty simple, really. Jack retires (again) and is re-hired as a civilian contract employee. Good for real life, bad for television.

Comment

Working...
                                X