No announcement yet.

Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing that annoys me the most about this episode is that Kawalsky aid to Apophis after Daniel was shot "He told you everything he knows." Why would you tell someone who's threatening to kill that the person has outlived their usefulness?

Other than that, I've always thought this episode was particularly fun, but a relationship between our two worlds would have been even more fun in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
      - Teal'c behaved strangely here. He murders alt-Teal'c outright, depsite being told not to, and then says "our reality is the only reality of consequence." What?! I think it's plain to everybody that's not true, otherwise why the hell are you even on this mission?
      Yeah, that irked me a bit too. If there are alternate realities, why would ours be the only one that would matter?

My LiveJournal post
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Well, let's see. I pretty good season 3 episode.

I like seeing all those different realities. And the Asgard came to the rescue (again).

Tomorrow, SG-1 is taken captive by a bounty hunter.
        sigpic

Comment

I enjoy AU episodes and this one was no different. It made me wonder on what factors in the AU Sam's life made her so different from our Sam. Put another way, why did our Sam join the Air Force? Was it the Air Force which toughened her? What was there about the AU Sam that attracted her to Jack? In what way was AU Jack different?

These are fascinating avenues to explore.
          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
            I enjoy AU episodes and this one was no different. It made me wonder on what factors in the AU Sam's life made her so different from our Sam. Put another way, why did our Sam join the Air Force? Was it the Air Force which toughened her? What was there about the AU Sam that attracted her to Jack? In what way was AU Jack different?

These are fascinating avenues to explore.
            This isn't really a spoiler, as it has nothing to do with the overall plot of any episode, but it does have to do with Sam's character development so it's in a spoiler.
            Spoiler:

I think it was explained in an episode with Jacob Carter/Carmen Argenziano that Sam's decision to join the air force heavily weighed on her attitude toward her father who she at first felt was responsible for the accident in which her mother died (Jolinar's memories).
            Jacob was supposed to pick up her mother, but his work (the air force) took up too much of his time.
            It's possible in the AU that there were other incidents which caused her to despise the Air Force too much and so she didn't join.

Comment

Deja Vu.

I feel like we have been here before. While not a bad episode its not really groundbreaking as it just feels like Thiere But For The Grace of Gods with a little tweaking. Yes we could nitpick about the differences between the two AUs in comparassion to the Prime universe in the large scheme the AUs aren't radically different. And fighting the Goauld SGC hardly seems new. Not much to get me excited for this episode
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

I love AU episodes especially this one. AT did some good acting in this one and it was cool seeing Kawalsky again although I think this is the last episode we see him in.
                My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starscape91 View Post
                  I love AU episodes especially this one. AT did some good acting in this one and it was cool seeing Kawalsky again although I think this is the last episode we see him in.
                  Wrong. An AU Kawalsky appears one more time
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Can you really call the events in Moebius an alternate reality? (plot spoiler)
                    Spoiler:
                    It's more like an alternate timeline.

Comment

Call it what you want. Its just a matter of sematics
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

To quote Jack: "I get confused..." (with AU episodes -I don't normally like them).

Relavent points:

I disliked the wig they used for AT in this one...it just didn't look natural, which is odd, since the one they used in 'There but for the grace of God' was much better.

Having Kawalsky back was just awesome...why oh why couldn't we keep him?

The tenderness Jack tried to show to AU Sam was sweet -especially considering that 'feelings' and talking about them is not easy for him.

The ending with the Asgard coming to the rescue was a nice finish -hope abounds.

AT played AU Carter more emotionally because she's different from our Carter...and she's recently been through an enormous tragedy. I don't think AT's portrayl of our Carter is wooden or limited at all...rather she portrays our Carter as a woman who exercises a lot of control over her emotions -she only breaks down in the most extreme circumstances and even then she gathers the pieces up quickly.

Afterword:

I will say that as a 'shipper you might expect me go get a lot of glee from this ep...but since it is our Jack kissing AU Carter, it is just not the same. I did note a few subtle moments between our Sam and our Jack...but I made those observations in the Ship Discussion thread, so I'll not repeat here. RDA and AT project great chemistry between these two characters (prerhaps not in this ep, but in previous ones and in eps yet to be rewatched).
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

A great ep. These AU eps are always fun to watch. And I always enjoy seeing the Goa'uld invade the mountain. Heck I enjoy seeing the Goa'uld over all.

Glad the AU Sam got to go back to her reality. That kiss at the end was awkward with normal Sam watching.
                          sigpic

Comment

I watched this episode recently and kept wondering something...

... O'Neill asked Maj. Sam how's she dealing with the situation and she replied: Do you have a couple of hours? O'Neill said sure but she clarified that was the answer. What did she mean? I don't get it...

Comment

Originally posted by CompanionCube View Post
                              I watched this episode recently and kept wondering something...
                              ... O'Neill asked Maj. Sam how's she dealing with the situation and she replied: Do you have a couple of hours? O'Neill said sure but she clarified that was the answer. What did she mean? I don't get it...
                              I think she meant that it was confusing and complicated and explaining it would take hours, not minutes; but I don't think she expected him to answer "ok" because Jack doesn't do the whole "talking about our feelings" thing very well. It was also a bit of a rhetorical question.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Just seen the fan commentary - boy is keeping the commentary synched a headache.

1. Again, even now - I see zippo between Jack and our Sam at this point in the show. Maybe that's because I'm a dumb Aspie who's cack with body language, I dunno.

2. Interesting comment about Jack trying to be more sensitive and the team not being used to that yet.

3. Yeah, first use of the pain stick thing.

4. Yeah, obviously another mission going on.
                                I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                                X