• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved seeing Kowalsky again.
    no means no, and so does pepper spray
    Sig by The Carpenter
    sigpic

Comment

I watched this episode today and had to laugh when the AU Sam said she was from SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by RedXian View Post
        I watched this episode today and had to laugh when the AU Sam said she was from SGA.
        haha, yeah, I had a rewatch lately andnoticed it, too Did she say what the A stands for? if yes, I missed it..
        sigpic

Comment

Oter realities that's mine I love eps like this one ... I have to rewatch this ep
          The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...
          sigpic

Comment

Loved this ep, in spite of Carter claiming she had trouble getting the generator to work the first time. That was a huge plothole!

My Sam/Jack ship went into overdrive, though!
            sigpic

Comment

I just loved how all the Jaffa hightailed it through the gate once they realised Thor was coming to kick their asses haha

Comment

Awesome opening!!! Totally amazing in its unexpectedness and how can you top Kawalsky!!!! I like Jack's reaction when alternate Sam said "For crying out loud." Sam's expression was something to behold when he looked at her! Notice that Daniel didn't have a quick answer when Jack asked if there was a "me somwhere that understands what you're saying" funny...like maybe there isn't any such reality! Ooohhh Sams fight! ; ) Poor AU Sam, what a nightmare, to have lost your husband, then to see "him" but know he's not "him." Poor thing!

Oh love love LOVE the Jack/Sam conversation in the hall..."that was the answer." His expression and consideration of spending a few hours listening to Sam was adorable. "Quite the military mind, there Daniel Jackson."
                Oh how I love Kawalksy. the scene with him teaching Daniel how to work the Quantum Mirror was great, Daniel couldn't wait to get his hands on it!

It's just cool that they rehashed the use of the Mirror and more people got to go on this ride. It was nice to see Jack and Kawalsky working together again. I really miss him. : ( Oh yeah, and Teal'c and Apophis sporting flashy new hairstyles. heehee...
                Gotta wonder about the psychological reprecussions of killing yourself. Though Teal'c is one I believe could handle it best. ; ) Waay to funny, Jack asking about what Kree means! I love how Jack tells Daniel not to worry b/c the he's gonna have to find their reality again, "We knew this might happen." Nice friendship moment.

Trying to remember, is this the 1st time we've seen the pain stick being used, or am i forgetting something?

Super Asgard...run Jaffa run!
                AU Sam sure was "kissy" wasn't she? : ) I do like how Jack was so matter-of-fact with the AU Carter. Nice eppy.
                Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

I wish they had not destroyed the Quantum Mirror.
                  Imagine if they could have used it to go to a reality where the Ancients never died out and then get help from them?

Comment

8.5/10

It was nice to see AT actually show some real emotion for once. She barely showed any in past, including the episode where her father was close to death.

I found it to be kind of slow moving and I'm not particularly a fan of the Mirror or it's control device mechanism. This is considering that there are an infinite number of possible parallel universe to try to find, which means an infinite number of very similar universes of which to search through. Since that's how infinity works.

I wonder what the Asgard limitations for bringing people back to life are. I thought they might be able to resurrect Alternate O'Neill who had been dead 3 days.
                    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Just watched it again after several of years not seeing it. O'neal was in top form in this episode " What does Kree mean"" "So its the same as Yoehoe" LOL

And off course its a real good Sam episode

Comment

Alternate universes episodes in sci-fi are usually great fun, and this is no exception. It really makes up for the lack of action in 'Learning Curve', and is full of entertaining character development to boot. I love Kawalsky, it was always a delight whenever they found a way to bring him back.

- The wig Amanda Tapping wears for alt-Sam really doesn't sit right on her, and looks terrible. Conversely, regular-Sam has her hair far far too short at this point in the show, and doesn't look that great either!

- I love Jack asking Daniel about the meaning of "kree". It's just a joke for fans, but the fact that the writers included it is a part of what made this show so enjoyable to watch.

- I had no idea the Asgard could bring people back to life! The fact that I didn't remember this kind of suggests it was never brought up again, but I can't be sure. Maybe it was only something the alt-Asgard could do.

- The evil goatee on alt-Apophis is intentionally bad, I guess? A reference to the Star Trek evil twin syndrome?

- Amanda Tapping does a great job in this one, probably the most emotive performance she's given in the show thus far.

- I recognised the chair thing from 'Gamekeeper' in the Area 51 vault, but couldn't recognise anything else from past episodes. Did anybody notice anything more?

- Very cool that we follow on from the information Carter learnt in 'Learning Curve', and she's able to get the device O'Neill built in 'The Fifth Race' working because of it. But it looked like they left it in the alt-universe, which seems very silly!

- Teal'c behaved strangely here. He murders alt-Teal'c outright, depsite being told not to, and then says "our reality is the only reality of consequence." What?! I think it's plain to everybody that's not true, otherwise why the hell are you even on this mission?

- No wonder so many of you guys go nuts over Jack/Sam shipper stuff, when they make episodes like this.

RATING: 8 out of 10
                        Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

One of my favourite episodes of the season, but also has the continuity error from hell in it for me!!!!

Just gets me going every time with the discussion about getting the power generator that gave the extra power to dial the eighth chevron to the Asgard home world working again. They say it was provided and built by the Asgard!!!! No, no, no!!! Jack built it as a result of the Ancient information in his brain from the Ancient repository download he got in 'The Fifth Race' to get him to the Asgard in the first place!!!

Love everything else about it otherwise! Seeing Kawalsky again, his reaction to Teal'c which turns to respect and his being grateful to Teal'c. It was a nice turn around to see how Teal'c was seen in the end by the alternate Carter and Kawalsky. Jack enjoyed that kiss from alternate Sam quite a bit there, and seeing his Carter's reaction to that is always fun to watch.

Comment

My favorite part is how Jack winces when Kawalsky says "she's my best friend's wife."

Seaboe
                            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. Cool to see the Quantum mirror back.

2. Had no problem initially with the two AU characters staying.

3. The only reason Teal'c went on the mission was so that Samantha wouldn't die, other than that he's not going to care about anything in the AU and is probably disgusted that any version of him would be genuinely loyal to the Goa'uld.

4. What was the point of alt-Apothis's beard - not like there were two of him in this ep.

5. I really did not see any ship between Jack and Sam coming out of this ep. Certainly not first time around and it took a lot of effort to see even a hint this time around...'despite' having seen...

Spoiler:
                              Divide and Conquer

6. What 'was' obvious first time around...contacting the AU Asgard was one hell of a gamble - for all anyone knew they could have been allied with the Goa'uld in that reality!

Solid ep but still outclassed by TBFTGOG!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by LeftHandedGuitarist View Post
                                - I recognised the chair thing from 'Gamekeeper' in the Area 51 vault, but couldn't recognise anything else from past episodes. Did anybody notice anything more?
                                I saw the communication ball...like the one used in Within the Serpant's Grasp, but I don't remember when they might have gotten hold of one.

General Hammond says, Some lines just aren't meant to be crossed, and that was before temporal entropic cascade tremors took hold of Samantha. The line Jack and Sam might have thought about crossing are the regs, but truly, there is zero chemistry between them, so I do find it hard to comprehend the 'ship' factor. It's all just a bit too convenient and too...network TV to have them trying for something that does not exist. The hallway conversation showed how *not* on the same page they were as did that final kiss.

RDA is the bomb in this though. Jack and his 'confusion' is just so perfect every time it comes up! He is hysterical and he and Sam in the briefing room after Kawalsky's comment about them being married, well, I'd enter this as one of the funniest moments in the series' history!

Great ep.

Comment

Working...
                                X