Point of View (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    I think the character interactions led by Jack and Daniel really helped the show to exceed. I wonder how much of it was adlib...
    I like how the four main characters bring out the best in each other, and how they through the first 2 1/2 seasons have expended and developed from who they were when the series started. So far it's been a lot of emphasis on the relationships between Jack and Daniel, Jack and Teal'c, Sam and Daniel, and a little Sam and Jack. I really hope we get to see much more of the relationships between Teal'c and Daniel, and Teal'c and Sam in the future.

I'm also a big fan of General Hammond and Dr. Fraiser. And the O'Neill humor is completely essential to the tone of the show. As the mythology develops, that part is getting more and more interesting too.

Comment

Originally posted by Verdande View Post
      It looked more like a staff weapon of some kind, a staff or device Apophis used on Hammond's back. It inflicted not only pain but some weird energy disturbance coming out of Hammond's eyes and mouth. It reminded a little about the device the Ashrak used on Jolinar, in that it inflicted pain and created some weird energy disturbances, but on Hammond it looked more like flames or something came out of his eyes and mouth.

With Hammond on his knees with his arms tied behind his back and something constricting around his neck, it looked really horrible when they but that thing on him and made him scream! Poor, brave Hammond!
      Ah,a Goa'uld pain stick
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

It's been a while scince i have watched POINT OF VIEW but re-watching it again it's been so cool i love the alternate realities and time travel this episode is a major favorite of mine i love seeing alternate Sam and when Jack tell's her she can stay in our reality , i love Jack's reaction to finding out in her reality they were married

: This makes you uncomforatble ?
        : I get confused

And my favorite scene is when they kiss and our Sam is watching through the mirror and it's so sad when Jack leaves and she's alone

sigpic
        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
          It's been a while scince i have watched POINT OF VIEW but re-watching it again it's been so cool i love the alternate realities and time travel this episode is a major favorite of mine i love seeing alternate Sam and when Jack tell's her she can stay in our reality , i love Jack's reaction to finding out in her reality they were married

: This makes you uncomforatble ?
          : I get confused

And my favorite scene is when they kiss and our Sam is watching through the mirror and it's so sad when Jack leaves and she's alone

yea i know after the 6th time watching it i wandered why he didn't stay and kind of wanted him to. but when i think of it its not the other sam he loves its our one so he may not be happy in the other reality and it wouldn't be fair for other sam she just lost her jack and he is not him no matter how much she wishes he was
          sigpic

Comment

I actually really like this episode a lot. I think all of AU Sam's reactions are so well done and I feel so sorry for her. It's like watching 'There but for the Grace of God' all over again. But this time, they all don't die. Only Jack died in this reality and AU Sam has to go on without him - though, she did get to say goodby to Jack. The reactions on all sides were just so well done.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

i agree. my fave part of this episode was when jack found out he was married to sam in a parallel world.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateship15 View Post
                i agree. my fave part of this episode was when jack found out he was married to sam in a parallel world.
                His reaction was classic!
                Meh.

Comment

true i don't know about u but i saw a hint that he wished it was so in this world as well as being uncomfortable with being near parallel sam and comforting her wile she was upset as well as uncomfortable with talking about the parallel sams marriage with him and his parallels death
                  sigpic

Comment

true i don't know about u but i saw a hint that he wished it was so in this world as well as being uncomfortable with being near parallel sam and comforting her wile she was upset as well as uncomfortable with talking about the parallel sams marriage with him and his parallels death
                    There was a bit of 'want-what-you-can't-have' involved i think. He just didnt know how to react lol
                    Meh.

Comment

lol but thats just jack he never shows how he feels i guess in a way if he could have her it wouldn't be any fun
                      sigpic

Comment

lol but thats just jack he never shows how he feels i guess in a way if he could have her it wouldn't be any fun
                        ah the old 'thrill of the case' wins out u reckon? I would have to agree, the whole will they, won't they? generated by the show (and fans) is far more interesting IMO than them geting together for real. Episodes like this however, give us a glimpse as to what it would be like if they did get together...
                        Meh.

Comment

i agree altho when he did leave and they didn't even try it was a bit sad because it has been will they won't they for so long now they haven't it just doesn't seem right do u agree
                          Last edited by gateship15; 08 November 2008, 08:03 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I liked this episode because it did give us a glimpse into what it could have been like for them if circumstances were different. They writers probably also did it to appease fans who wanted to see the two get together but couldn't in the normal show's reality. It worked. It's definitely one of my favorite episodes.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

i agree
                              sigpic

Comment

i agree altho when he did leave and they didn't even try it was a bit sad because it has been will they won't they for so long now they haven't it just doesn't seem right do u agree
                                I think they addressed the problem over this in that episode with the Zatarc detector. IIRC on the Season 3 bonous features part of the DVD Amanda Tapping talks about how the two characters have to admit that they have deep feelings for one another, however, once showing this, they have to let it go because of their respective positions in the SGC and the Military.

While I agree there is something between them, I wouldn't want to see it on screen, I'm a little undecided over whether or not i like ships in stargate...

BTW gateship15, thanks for the friend request
                                Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X