No announcement yet.

Legacy (304)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both Doctors Frasier and MacKenzie annoyed me greatly in this episode. They are working with people who go to different planets all the time and are constantly messing around with alien technology. So after a few days of some odd behavior close to that of schizophrenia they decide to commit Daniel? I mean what the crap, what if what he had was contagious and they just drove it right out the front door of the facility.

Idiots, complete idiots.

Originally posted by Crichiel
    Been going through all the season 3 threads and giving my two cents in on each because this is my favourite season out of all 10,and I am always bursting to tell people, whether they want to hear it or not, why I love it so. I have been putting off my thoughts on this one and Forever in a Day, however, because I don't think I can adequately describe my love of these two episodes. There are not enough superlatives in the thesaurus. So just to spare you all from my gushing: I LOVE EVERY FREAKING PART OF THIS EPISODE!!
    I like season 3 as well, however I don't think it's my favorite. Both "Legacy" and "Forever In A Day" are good episodes though once again I don't share your enthusiasm for these individual episodes. I think the only part of Stargate that I like that much is the idea of all the episodes as a whole.

Originally posted by j7n View Post
    How come in the end nobody apologized to Daniel Jackson for putting him into jail with a torture chamber?!
    "Torture Chamber"? There was no torture chamber and I think they did apologize for not trusting him...
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
      Both Doctors Frasier and MacKenzie annoyed me greatly in this episode. They are working with people who go to different planets all the time and are constantly messing around with alien technology. So after a few days of some odd behavior close to that of schizophrenia they decide to commit Daniel? I mean what the crap, what if what he had was contagious and they just drove it right out the front door of the facility.

Idiots, complete idiots.
      I agree. It did annoy me that they were very quick to commit Daniel.

Machello is one hell of an inventor of anti-goauld devices. His death is such a loss. How come the Tokra did not contact him?

This latest invention of his is quite icky especially when it is pouring out of the ears. Ewww. But, it can be used to kill the symbiote and the host will survive, right?

Comment

A pretty dark episode for Stargate, but I have to say the idea and episode was pretty good.

I liked how their are groups like Linvris, lesser league of Goa'uld who challenge the System Lords. Because from everything we have learn't about the Goa'uld it makes perfect sense to have a groups fighting against eachother for power.

Ma'chello certainly did have a lot of technology, I hope the people at Area 51 are getting stuck into it because some of that technology maybe useful. I mean this could be exactly what Daniel needs for Sha're to be freed from her Goa'uld. L E E I assume the Tok'ra never meant with Ma'chello because he was in hiding from the System Lords so they probably didn't know where he was.

Pretty good acting by Michael Shanks.

I have to agree with captain jake on that point to, seemed to rushed.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

I agree totally with pritnep here. I also think that they should go back to Ma'chello's planet and take a second look at his weapons and stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Black_Sheep View Post
            I agree totally with pritnep here. I also think that they should go back to Ma'chello's planet and take a second look at his weapons and stuff
            They probably did. Off camera. I mean, they have a cataloque of stuff from Machello's planet so, IMO, Area 51 must be having a field day.

Comment

Nice acting by Michael Shanks,
              Machello's awsome Him and his Goa'uld killing inventions, We still never figured out if Sam Decoded his language.

Comment

I love all Daniel-centric episodes and I believe this one is one of the best. Micheal Shanks is an awesome actor and he really proves it in episodes like this one and others like Lifeboat and Absolute Power. He does crazy surprisingly well.

Plus I think season 3 is really when SG-1 really got off the ground. Seasons one and two had good episodes, but season 3 had so many AMAZING episodes that really helped kickstart SG-1.
                thankee toasteronfire

Comment

this was a great episode i love how they figured out what was wrong and fix it
                  sigpic

Comment

I like that they don't completely abandon prior story lines like Ma'chello. I also like that we've seen a bit of the structure of the system lords and that they're not as all-powerful as they seemed in season 1. Last episode had the 3 representatives, Yu, Nirti and Cronos (?) and now we hear about a minor sect of Goa'ulds who opposed the system lords as well.

I'm a Michael Shanks fan, but I'm not necessarily gushing over his performance in this episode. It was good, but not "amazing". Just my opinion. I'm kind of curious why everyone immediately thought he was having a nervous breakdown. Other than plot device.

And if going crazy makes Janet start taking off her shirt... well that was an interesting scene.

Comment

Originally posted by SaharaGate View Post
                      Ok I just watched this episode again (coz it's such a goody), but this time around I've got a few issues with it.

It leaves a lot of unanswered questions, so if anyone can tell me the answers, I'll be very grateful.

1. Which of the Linvers used a Ribbon device to lock the secret chamber from the inside and why? It doesn't seem very goa'uld like to try to stop a 'plague', for want of a better word, from spreading to other Goa'uld. If you saw the goa'ulds around you dropping off like flies, the first reaction would probably be to get as far away as possible, not to lock yourself in with them. I've never thought of the goa'uld as a self-sacrificing race. If the person was already affected, again the reaction would be to go get help.
                      Maybe the Linver population was very low, and they knew it. So it would have been in their interest to stop the "plague" by whatever means necessary. They might not have known that it wasn't a communicable disease.

Not to mention that if you were a goa'uld host and some device killed your symbiot, you'd probably start jumping for joy and then get out of there ASAP.
                      Maybe that particular race of hosts don't survive the assassination of their symbiotes. Ma'chello was human, so maybe his devices were only safe for humans to use.

Does this mean the SGC has 120 goa'uld killing critters and never tried to use them?
                      They never tried to use them? Damn!

Now for my own beef with the SG-1 series.

Stargate Command is always under pressure to find useful technology in order to justify its multi-billion dollar annual budget. So why don't they analyze the staff weapons and zat guns that they are constantly picking up? The power storage device in a staff weapon would by itself probably revolutionize earthly technology: imagine cars that are powered by nearly inexhaustible batteries. We should be cloning the staff weapons and manufacturing them in volume. Why aren't all the SG-1 people armed to the teeth with staffs and zats?

Maybe that happens later in the series. I'm a newbie who's watching the SG-1 series for the first time, starting from Season 1. So I have no idea whether Earth's technology will improve in later seasons. But there's no evidence of that so far in Season 3, and I'm a bit irked.

Comment

i hate that other doctor because he just dismissed everything janet was saying and then is like, err actually this could work, im an idiot. *whack but great episode

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                          Been going through all the season 3 threads and giving my two cents in on each because this is my favourite season out of all 10,and I am always bursting to tell people, whether they want to hear it or not, why I love it so. I have been putting off my thoughts on this one and Forever in a Day, however, because I don't think I can adequately describe my love of these two episodes. There are not enough superlatives in the thesaurus. So just to spare you all from my gushing: I LOVE EVERY FREAKING PART OF THIS EPISODE!!
                          I think this is a great episode too. MS was superb. I love how it showed the relationship between Jack and Daniel. Jack was hanging out with Daniel in his time of need playing chess and cards when there was probably a million other things he could be doing, but he stayed to support Daniel. It's scenes like that mixed with the humorous exchanges that make the relationship between those characters so awesome!

I also loved Jack's quote when he walked into the conference room after Daniel's first psychotic break, "I'm not going to enjoy this, am I?"
                          sigpic "We do get paid for this, right?"

Comment

i really liked this episode. Michael shanks was amazing in this ep. Its about time we get to see someone go nuts,
                            Some say that he has only one ear.
                            And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                            All we know is he's called
                            sigpic

Comment

Both Doctors Frasier and MacKenzie annoyed me greatly in this episode.
                              Don't forget Warner. He was an idiot in this episode as well.

And then cue the infamous "I see where you're going, I see where you're going" speech. At least it's infamous to me...
                              sigpic
                              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Something I noticed in this episode was Daniel's explanation for his hallucinations. He thought that the Goa'uld had turned into energy but he did not know how but he thought Sam would know. This could possibly be foreshadowing of the concept of Ascension. It was formally introduced 16 episodes later in the same season.
                                "Time Travel: it's a cornucopia of disturbing concepts"-Ron Stoppable- Kim Possible

Comment

Working...
                                X