No announcement yet.

Fair Game (303)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahhhh, great ep. Still get chills watching eps like this. Thor his buddy Jack...diplomat Daniel.... classic teal'c. Carter promotion, tokra storyline, and anti-invisble tech. Hammond is solid. Yu, Kronos and Nerrti are all classic goa'uld.

One could say I am giddy with joy. I need to get my DVDs out and rewatch these awesome classics.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

This is the episode responsible for countless Yu puns.

Rating: 9/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...fair-game.html
      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

So why do the Asgard like Jack so much? In my opinion the Asgard see in Jack what they don't have in themselves. Such as strong military prowess, the ability to make quick and risky decisions, as well as the great sense of humor we all know jack has.

I really don't think the Asgard wanted Earth to sign the treaty and I don't think anyone at the SGC did either. It was their action of saving Cronus that allowed the Goa'uld to do what they intended from the beginning. That being reaching a certain amount of peace; in order to combine their forces and attack earth the Goa'uld would have to reach a level of cooperation that is in my opinion beyond the System Lords.
        sigpic

Comment

Great ep in that there are so many aliens. 3 system lords and Thor! And Tealc.

This is the first time Jack has met Thor, right?

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
            This is the first time Jack has met Thor, right?
            Yes it is the first time.

In "Thor's Hammer", Jack and Teal'c met a hologram of Thor in the form of a Norse warrior. A year later, Daniel, Carter and Gairwyn met an interactive hologram of Thor (with the Asgard look) in "Thor's Chariot".

And in "The Fifth Race", Jack met his first Asgard (and indeed the first "real" Asgard in the show), although Thor wasn't there.
            sigpic
            Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Not the most exciting of episodes but like people have said still cool because of the fact we meet 3 system lords, Thor and invisble technology.

Congratulations to Major Samantha Carter, going to have to get used to her a Major in the re-watch now.

Hehe Jack's speech would of been funny. I love the friendship, jokes and conversations that Thor and Jack share - the start of a good friendship.

Jack's "woops" was also a classic. Of course all the Yu puns/jokes.

You have to wonder why they didn't have the iris closed when they were doing the presentation I mean they do reguarly have unscheduled offworld activations.

Although Kronos was the most powerful Goa'uld there Yu seemed to speak more for the system lords, especially when he mentioned their terms. You would think that would be something the most powerful and leader would say.

Interesting to learn about Teal'c's father and why he hated Kronos.

Nerrti almost had the perfect plan if it wasn't for our friends and intel.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Yet another strong episode for season 3! great. It was very interesting to hear about Teal'c's father and to see other systemlords and not to mention learn more about the Asgard.

Comment

I still love this episode until now. Introduces Yu the Great, Thor the Supreme Commander of the Asgard fleet and rumors of enemies worse than the Goauld beings that even the Asgards are afraid of.
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

I really liked this episode a lot myself. It's always great fun to watch Jack interact with Thor.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Love episodes with Asgard in them..
                      Haha good job Jack with the Meeting "Apparently we sat down insulted eachother and broke for a short recess"
                      LoL

Comment

Yeah, Jack having to deal with the negotiations was really funny.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

A good, solid episode. Sam gets promoted, Jack chats with Thor, snake-heads are typically overdramatic and evil, Teal'c gets beat up, Daniel plays peacemaker, Sam uses her Tok'ra magic...
                          All good stuff.

Comment

I was rather disappointed to learn that the Asgard have limits.

I guess one Asgard ship can't handle 100 Goa'uld pyramids. After Thor destroyed Goa'uld ships with such ease in "Thor's Hammer" and "Point of View" I was hoping he would do the same here. But I guess 100 Goa'ulds would be too much.

Comment

i liked danial trying to make a treaty. i also think that if u destroy one or two goa'ulds more will come i also think that the Asgard knew the Goa'uld now know of earth so if they destroy all the goa'uld deferentially when they are in a war of there own with the replicators.
                              sigpic

Comment

Did anyone notice that the tie on Jack's uniform is not 'real'? I mean the tie knot was not 'tie' but a 'ready-made' one. IMO, I think it's kind of weird on the USAF uniform for an officer at the rank of Colonel.
                                sigpic
                                Sign by me

Comment

Working...
                                X