Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah i think we all do in Metamorphosis

Comment

This episode was a really good plot builder and it was a very good episode. It also introduced some very good Goa'uld characters, who provided particularly strong stories throughout the rest of SG1 (up to season 8 of course). Another brilliant season 3 episode.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

This was an interesting and unusual episode. To see three System Lords and Jack sitting round a negotiating table, rather than going in with all guns blazing gave a deeper insight into their characters and was a good way to introduce the new Goaul'd characters. As always, there was so much humour with Jack, as he tried to be diplomatic.

It was good too to learn more of Tealc's background. He is such a powerful warrior, yet so honourable and restrained; I have to admire the guy.

When they were trying to find who committed the assalt on Cronor and Teal'c, I heard Daniel say that the only Goaul'd/god known to be able to turn themselves invisible was Hathor. This might explain how she was able to get to the SG base in Season 1 without drawing attention to herself en route, but I don't recall her using this power in Into the Fire, which suprises me. Or it could just be that I'm unobservant.

I'm looking forward to seeing (or maybe not seeing ) Nitti again; she seems a very intriguing character.
        sigpic
        Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Oh yes - Nirrti rocks. She's probably one of the nastiest of them all, in a sneaky, "She's behind you!!!" kind of way. After all, using treaty negotiations to knock off a rival System Lord is pretty cheeky; though pretty resourceful at the same time.

Embarrassing, though, for Cronos to have to admit from now on that he was saved by a Tauri female!

Unless Hathor used her pink happy gas as a form of persuasion, I don't recall her ever turning herself invisible. But then I haven't seen a lot of these eps in a while so I can't be absolutely sure.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
            Oh yes - Nirrti rocks. She's probably one of the nastiest of them all, in a sneaky, "She's behind you!!!" kind of way. After all, using treaty negotiations to knock off a rival System Lord is pretty cheeky; though pretty resourceful at the same time.
            That's what struck me about her. She makes Hathor look like a pussy cat. I always think that the more intellectual baddies are the scariest. You know where you stand when someone's pointing a gun at you. But making human bombs, using treaty negotiations to get rid of a rival and trying to frame someone else for it and then turning invisible?? That's just cheating!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
              but I don't recall her using this power in Into the Fire, which suprises me. Or it could just be that I'm unobservant.
              She did. Remember when sg1 came upto where they thought the stargate was, she 'appeared' walking through the wall. That was her, using her cloak.

It's just a pity nerti escaped...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                She did. Remember when sg1 came upto where they thought the stargate was, she 'appeared' walking through the wall. That was her, using her cloak.

It's just a pity nerti escaped...
                Oh yes, of course. I'm suprised that she didn't make more use of it, though.

I'm waiting to see whether Nerti will appear again; I expect she'll have a rough time with the other System Lords.
                sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, of course. I'm suprised that she didn't make more use of it, though.

I'm waiting to see whether Nerti will appear again; I expect she'll have a rough time with the other System Lords.
                  I won't tell you when, but she does appear again. She's a pretty ruthless villain isn't she?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    I won't tell you when, but she does appear again. She's a pretty ruthless villain isn't she?
                    Thanks. Yes, I can just imagine Nirrti turning to Hathor and saying "Watch and learn". She's just so darn sneaky. She makes my skin crawl. Yet, she's almost mesmerising...it's hard to describe her well. She's like smoke; black and deadly, and can slip through your fingers so easily.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's what struck me about her. She makes Hathor look like a pussy cat. I always think that the more intellectual baddies are the scariest. You know where you stand when someone's pointing a gun at you. But making human bombs, using treaty negotiations to get rid of a rival and trying to frame someone else for it and then turning invisible?? That's just cheating!!
                      Oh yes - a baddy that just uses muscle is not much interest because all you need to defeat them is more muscle than them. For someone to use their brains instead - they're so much more intimidating because they're always thinking ahead and seem to have just that one more backup plan than you prepare for!

Ten times more fun.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
                        Oh yes - a baddy that just uses muscle is not much interest because all you need to defeat them is more muscle than them. For someone to use their brains instead - they're so much more intimidating because they're always thinking ahead and seem to have just that one more backup plan than you prepare for!

Ten times more fun.
                        Yes - and there's not so many clues to pick up on. You can tell by body language, eye contact, etc what someone might be thinking/planning physically, but you can't tell what's going on inside their head.
                        sigpic

Comment

yes you can... just remove their skull!!!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            yes you can... just remove their skull!!!
                            Yes, but that would be awfully messy. And they's probably zap you with something before you had a chance.
                            sigpic

Comment

Was cool to see the system lords and show a side of the asgard we didnt see before. They may be looking out for others but their home panet comes first. All races seem to have the same instict built in.

Comment

Lots of continuing storyline brought together and continued on from here. Nice. Jack as a diplomat. Perfect. And "Daniel's typing up a letter, in Goa'uld..." there's my linguist! "That boy can grovel." My favourite line.

Comment

Working...
                                X