No announcement yet.

Seth (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I jkust decided to say how great this ep is and even though the part when they said teal'c and Jacob would stay cos they could be sensed by a gould and had previously forgotten in the episode beforehand 'into the fire' that a Gou'ald can sense if a person has been blended or not.
    There was great moments and the Jaffa Joke is an all time classic not just because of the joke but the look on Teal'cs face when he laughs for if im correct the first and one of the only times in the series could paint 1000 words.
    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good episode......but it stinks that the writers repeated the idea with "Ex Deus Machina"

Comment

This was one of my favorite episodes. It was the fastest they have killed a goa'uld and it was cool to see carter use the hand device.

Comment

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
          I thought it was a pretty good episode......but it stinks that the writers repeated the idea with "Ex Deus Machina"
          I suppose I'd say 'yes and no' when it comes to that. Yes, the basic premise is repeated, but I found it sufficiently different to be a fresh approach to the concept.

Originally posted by plaw15
          it was cool to see carter use the hand device.
          Yes, it was - wasn't it? I'm not sure Sam would agree with us, though (at least, not if her expression after she killed Seth was anything to go by)!
          sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed watching it. I thought it was funny when Jack and Jacob kept telling the atf guy that its classified. I just thought that was funny. I also smiled when Teal'c was telling his joke..I felt sad when no one at least gave him a 'good try' smile or something. I would have if I was there!

I enjoyed the background story with the Carter Family..kind of wish they played more into it. I would like to have seen more interaction with Mark and Sam.

The whole time I was watching Seth, I kept thinking on how similar his looks are compare to B'aal. I guess its the dark hair, dark eyes kind of thing. Overall the episode was good..not an "A+" but not a "F", so somewhere around a "C"...
            Just sitting here at the computer..typing my life away!

Comment

I thought it was a pretty good episode, but the one main problem I had was Seth's energy barrier. Didn't Teal'c say he didn't even know of them, as they had been invented after he left Apophis' guard? If so, how'd Seth get a hold of one ...?

Comment

i liked the episode...seth was one hack of a goa'uld...to stay alive so much time...to form a cult...

lol! "the bliss that is seth"!!!!!!!!
                more like "the snake that is seth"!!!

Comment

This was not a bad ep i must say, i mean Seth was hiding amonst earth all along and no one knew about it, not bad work if i say so ma self.

Comment

This isn't one of my favourite ever episodes, but I don't think it's that bad and I usually enjoy it. I just love the reactions of Sam and Jack when Daniel starts explaining (somewhat belatedly!) what Seth's likely to do with them when they get caught. And Jack's "So help me, if I wake up and I'm singing soprano..." just makes me ROTFLMAO every single time I hear it.

It has some great character moments and some wonderful humour. I love the ATF guy, although I have to admit the fact that they used the same actor later in Heroes kind of gets in the way when I watch him in this now. Like double vision or something. <g>

The episode has some irksome plot glitches, some of which have already been pointed out. The fact that it never occurred to anyone that the naquadah in Sam would be picked up by Seth. Especially when this was the whole reason Teal'c and Jacob couldn't go on the mission. You'd have thought someone would have gone, "Oh, wait, hang on a minute..."

And the one that always niggles at me every time I watch this one is that what Sam tells Jacob in the elevator directly contradicts what she told Jack (or Jack's crystal clone) in Cold Lazarus:

CARTER: "Nice...you have a family."

DUPLICATE O'NEILL: "Yes."

CARTER: "I'm an auntie myself. My brother moved to San Diego, so I don't get to see him much...he has two kids now, boy and a girl. God, I miss 'em like hell...don't get there near enough."
                    Which clearly indicates that Sam has a relationship with Mark and his kids, and visits them - though not as often as she'd like to. But then in Seth:

CARTER: Dad. I have a number for Mark in San Diego.

JACOB: So?

CARTER: I just thought you might wanna know.

JACOB: When was the last time you saw him?

CARTER: I haven't seen him since either of his kids were born. I guess he paints me with the same brush he does you.
                    So Sam has never seen Mark's kids and obviously is estranged from her brother, so hasn't visited since they were born.

That always bugs me. <g>

And there's a moment (can't remember where exactly) back at base camp, where the father of Seth's follower comes into the tent and Selmak is talking to Teal'c in his Goa'uld voice, where it would seem impossible that the guy couldn't have overheard. But he seems oblivious to the fact that this old guy is talking in a funny voice.

But these nitpicks aside, I've never found Seth to be the dire episode that I hear most of the fandom does (and certainly TPTB seem to think it is judging by Citizen Joe. ). It has some great moments in it, the plot is pretty good, I enjoy the actor who plays Seth and, of course, it has Jacob in it. How can you not enjoy an episode that has Jacob in it.

I'm not at all surprised Sam looked so shaken afterwards.
                    Nor me! It's one thing to kill on the battlefield, quite another to realise that you have a strange power inside you that means you can kill a man by focusing your thoughts (in conjunction with Goa'uld technology). When Sam's killing Jaffa with her gun she understands the weapon, knows how to control it, what it's capable of. But this...this she has no idea how powerful it is, could it get out of control, might she accidentally hurt her friends with it? You can see the same reaction from her when she uses the weapon on Cimmeria. Shock, and not a little bit of fear and revulsion that she has something inside her that's part Goa'uld and unknown. That's scary. For anyone.

The other thing about this one is that I've heard that some fans were rather miffed with Jack's 'flippant' 'Hail, Dorothy!' remark. I think their reasoning was because Sam was obviously clearly shaken by what she'd just done and they wanted Jack to be more sympathetic instead of cracking lame jokes. But I always saw it differently. It always seemed to me that Jack saw exactly how shaken Sam was and was simply trying to lighten the atmosphere with a joke, just as he always does. He's always used humour in that way and so it never strikes me as OOC or Jack being particularly insensitive. Quite the opposite. He's noticed she's upset and is taking time to try and let her know it's okay.

Albion
                    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Myztic
                      This was not a bad ep i must say, i mean Seth was hiding amonst earth all along and no one knew about it, not bad work if i say so ma self.
                      yes...exactly what im saying...he escaped what his brother osiris did not...

Comment

Great mission, I loved the roles seth played throughout history. Wasn't very hard to kill though.
                        sigpic

Comment

I reckon he'd been on Earth too long. They say familiarity breeds contempt (as it certainly would in a Goa'uld) - and that went and bit Seth on the butt big time once he'd been properly rumbled.

Serves him right for believing his own hype, really.
                          sigpic

Comment

So you believe he became basicaly useless in the duration of his time spent on earth?

Interesting probably that case.
                            sigpic

Comment

I liked this ep. In Joe, there is a reference to negative comments of fan, but I don't understand it. I cannot see any reason to dislike it
                              Hallowed is RepliCarter!

Hallowed are the Ori...

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                                So you believe he became basicaly useless in the duration of his time spent on earth?

Interesting probably that case.
                                I wouldn't say useless - at least not in that sense; I would prefer the word 'complacent'. He's clearly been a right royal pain in the rear for centuries on a purely human scale - after all, he's stranded here so he's got no access to ships and no Jaffa (not even ones whose noses drip - to quote Teal'c) and that hasn't stopped him raising bands of followers who he then eliminates without so much as a second thought when it suits him.

What I'm getting at (albeit in a somewhat facetious manner - I was taking the doodah a bit with my comment ) is that he's been stuck here amongst people who are technologically and knowledgeably far inferior to himself and he's got cheerfully over comfortable with that. After such a long time in galactic obscurity, he's not likely to be anticipating any visits from another System Lord, so the only threat he's facing is the Tauri - and they don't know what he is or what he's capable of (apart from killing all his followers and disappearing a lot).

He's never had to go beyond this expedient Plan B before because no one's ever approached him knowing he's a Goa'uld, or had the requisite knowledge to deal with him. SG-1 are coming in with that requisite knowledge, and with a Tok'ra and Jaffa on the outside to back them up. Seth really does need a Plan C for this kind of scenario - but he's so used to not worrying about a level playing field that he clearly hasn't got around to devising one.

Admittedly, by the end, both sides are improvising like mad to achieve their respective goals (Seth to do a runner, SG-1 to stop Seth doing a runner), but I think we can all agree that SG-1 have quite a bit more practice at that sort of thing.

Seth is therefore a victim of his own hype (and Sam with a hand device, of course...).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X