• Show
Clear All

• Tal'Mak_Josh
    replied
    What 'rank' in the Tok'ra was Selmak when he was in the other host

Leave a comment:

• Chaka's_Mum
    replied
    Actually it was the other way round - see bomb, get to rings and transport out, but I get what you mean.

Speaking for myself, the main thing I like about this episode is that we get to see a bit of Selmak here. I suppose he keeps in the background out of deference to Sam's feelings. After all, even as a Tok'ra, Jacob is the one that everyone at the base relates to, so Selmak takes a back seat.

They're also clearly still sorting out their relationship with one another. While Selmak was happy to accept Jacob as a host, there's still a lot of 'getting to know you' stuff going on here. Selmak knows that Jacob isn't happy about his estrangement from his son, and he's a bit narked that Jacob is also not happy about doing something about his estrangement from his son - or even admitting that he's not happy about it. It needs Selmak to spill that bit of info to Sam, and he's doing it in the hope that Sam can persuade Jacob to stop moping and just let bygones be bygones.

It's a bit like 'the Odd Couple', only it's all going on in Jacob's head!

Leave a comment:

• Tal'Mak_Josh
    replied
    personally i didnt like this episode, not much happeneing n too boring. hmm

daniel and jack next to bomb, put bomb in circle, transpost bomb soewhere else, wherte have i seen that b4?

Leave a comment:

• Chaka's_Mum
    replied
    Originally posted by fair_nymph
    I love Jacob, so he was great as always.
    He is a great character, isn't he? In fact, Jacob vies very closely indeed with Bra'tac for the role of 'Chaka's Mum's Favourite Recurring Character'.

I also thought that the sub-plot (Jacob's estrangement from his son) was woven in very neatly. Despite Selmak's urgings, there was no way that Jacob was going to build any bridges; it was only when he saw the regret of a father who has 'drifted apart' from his son - and now can't reach him - that he finally woke up to things and accepted that it was time to set the pride aside and make peace. Although that little device could have had the subtlety of a charging rhinoceros if they weren't careful, it actually worked very nicely indeed.

Plus it was really nice when both of the dads were reconciled with their sons.

I felt sorry for the ATF guy, though. Being put in your place by the President, no less. Major ouch.

Leave a comment:

• ApophisOfTheStargateRealm
    replied
    i absolutly loved it! an awsome episode!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X