Seth (302)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
    TBH, I'm not that sure how zats work - I think it has something to do with disturbing the body's electrical field. It stuns at the first go - but a second shot before the field returns to normal disrupts it so completely that the person can't survive it. I assume that the third disrupts right down to the cellular level - hence the disintegration of whatever gets hit.

Given a couple of hours (maybe more, maybe less), the electrical field returns to normal and the next zat blast will just stun them again - though perhaps less effectively than before.

Given that very few of the youngsters in the compound would have been hit by a zat, I suppose it would drop 'em like a stone!
    I thought that the Zats delivered some kind of strong electrical shock; the reactions of those 'Zatted' seemed symptomatic of it, but I'm no expert.

Based upon this and the sugestion above, it seems that, if all of the SG teams were given a controlled 'Zat blast', they could, perhaps, develop some level of tolerance to the weapon. It'd be a risky move though, as different people would probably have different tolerance levels.
    sigpic
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

When zats were first introduced it was mentioned that they are designed to be extremely painful. The first jaffa we ever saw zatted, it appeared to be more about the pain (like he was electrocuted) and less about the unconsciousness. But has since become more of a stun weapon than a pain weapon.

Comment

Is this the same guy I see in pictures with the goattee called baal?

Comment

Nope. Different actor.

Comment

THanks. I thought they looked alike but wasn't sure.

Comment

This one isn't a favourite of mine, but I would give it maybe a B-. Some neat ideas and I always love to see Jacob. Didn't care for Seth at all, and I wasn't impressed with the sets. But it did have some great gags in it, and no one mentioned my favourite: when Carter tests out the ear pieces and zaps Jack and Daniel! I love their reactions and always rewind it two or three times and then give an evil little chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by First View Post
                In the episode where SG1 encountered the glowing energy "flies", Jack was zatted so it altered his body's electrical field so the flies wouldn't attack him. After a few minutes the flies started to attack him, the effect had worn off, Teal'c zatted him again and he didn't die. Strangely he was not knocked unconscious on both occasions!
                You'll find that Jack and Chuck are closely related ^^

The concept of a Goa'uld still hiding among earth's people was pretty good of course. A classic ep, though not necessarily one of my favorites.
                => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy O'NeiLL View Post
                  The concept of a Goa'uld still hiding among earth's people was pretty good of course. A classic ep, though not necessarily one of my favorites.
                  Which makes me wonder why no others (other than Ba'al) Tried it..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    The Goa'uld aren't really good at 'undercover'. If you had two of them setting up their cults, they'd end up fighting and attracting too much attention.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I think Seth failed Goa'uld school. Even his outfit was lame.

Rating: 8/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/seth.html
                      My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                      http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Goa'uld Hunts are always fun, I didn't really like this whole chemical mind control thing but it's easy enough to get around. I really wish it would have come down to a Goa'uld verses Tok'ra fight to the death. After all it was the Tok'ra who were looking for him, wouldn't it have been cool to see Selmak kill Seth. It was awesome to see Sam use the hand device again, but I wonder why she was able kill Seth so easily. After all he is an ancient Goa'uld, you would think he would have a few more tricks up his sleeves.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Well actually there have been quite a few Goa'uld's who have taken Sanctuary on earth. First we see Hathor, then we find Seth, after which Osiris takes Sara as his host, and finally you have to remember not only Ba'al but a large infiltration into the Trust and NID. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see another Goa'uld floating around Earth somewhere.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
                          Goa'uld Hunts are always fun, I didn't really like this whole chemical mind control thing but it's easy enough to get around.
                          This is mainly what I liked about this episode. I wasn't really interested in Jacob's family issues or the cult. I like infiltration missions like this, whether is offworld or not. Love seeing all that military stuff. I like when Jack shows his special ops skills, like spotting their watchers or making those hand signals.

The thing they used to make a hole on the fence is cool. What's that?

Seth is a pathetic villain. The cult theme is also not interesting for me.

Why did Daniel need to be involved in the infiltration? Is it because they need a translator in case they meet Seth?

How come Hathor knew that the stargate was open but Seth didn't? Or does Seth just prefer to stay in hiding in Earth?
                          Last edited by L E E; 08 July 2008, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Got to admit I watched this a few hours ago and didn't get a chance to comment on it. I usually like to comment straight after I watch the episode so it's fresh in my mind.

Like others I quiet liked the earth style black ops component of this episode. L E E, I'm not sure what it's called but they use it to burn locks and such.

Daniel is part of SG1 they are a team and since function as one, being on missions together they know each other strengths and weaknesses and since can react accordingly. I think throughout the past 2 seasons we have seen Daniel Jackson change from just the civilian Geek into a formidable warrior in the fight against the Goa'uld.

It was funny to see Teal'c so perplexed on how humans love their children, to him it seemed so simple and right but to us things get complicated. Good to see Jacob bite the bullet so to speak and saw his son, grand kids and Sam as well. Even though she only mentioned the nieces and nephews back in season 1 we didn't really know why she hadn't seen him at the time I thought it was because of her job but I guess her siding with her Dad didn't help.

Interesting to see Hathor wasn't the only one with mind control pheromones. Hopefully there was enough left in the devices/house for scientists to study up on it and work out defence that can be used permanently rather then just a Zat blast to snap you out of it as you will.

Wow Seth had a stockpile of weapons, hopefully that will increase are Zat and other Goa'uld technology stock hold. To bad the rings got destroyed would have been good for the guys at Area 51 to have a look out.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Another great episode. I didn't like how Seth was presented though. He was lame.Otherwise this episode was great like i already said. I would love to hear more Jaffa jokes!
                              Last edited by Black_Sheep; 01 September 2008, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I didn't understand the Nish’ta, the biological compound that Seth used. It's an living organism, Jacob referred to it as a virus. Once inhaled, it infects all tissue in the body including the brain, making your mind extremely pliable. It can be killed by an electrical shock, and once infected you're later immune.

But if this is the substance Apophis used on Rya'c, and Hathor used on the men in SGC, then why aren't Daniel and O'Neill immune to it already?

Jacob says it won't work on him or Teal'c, but if that is a symbiote thing, why did it work on Rya'c?

Comment

Working...
                                X