Into the Fire (301)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dtheories View Post
    I think this story really expresses the strong bond at the core of the SGC. Makepeace at the very outset skirting procedure to run from the 'gate room to find General Hammond to tell him about the Tok'ra news, and interacting with Walter ("He's in his office!") along the way.

They value each other and immediate obstacles were never going to keep them from fighting for each other. Not Major Davis and the Pentagon, not the villagers of Chulak, and not Hathor who tries to destroy Daniel's and Sam's will by making them watch Jack being implanted.

Hammond allows Teal'c to go offworld knowing he'll continue to try to save his friends and knowing this, Hammond supports him to ultimately find a way to fulfill his promise of reinforcements.

Jack provides most of the levity this go round, between his whole-bodied "Jaffa Kree!" causing the entire line of kneeling humans to glance over their shoulder in unison, to the pat on Daniel's head at the end. Yeehaw indeed.
    I agree about the strong bond between members of the SGC. It's about family, SG-1 and the SGC as the extended family. SG-1 is an ensemble show. There are shows that are about the team, and others that highlight one or two characters. This episode highlights Jack and Sam. General Hammond steps out of his “Briefing Room” and out into the galaxy. His YEEEHAAAW! Is classic!

This season is the first with the “Giant Pharaoh Head” opening credits. I find this credit sequence to be boring! I like the other opening credits where they show clips from the show.

Comment

It wasn't the first season for me - on this side of the the Atlantic they used the Pharoh's Head credits from S1-S5 I think?
      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
        It wasn't the first season for me - on this side of the the Atlantic they used the Pharoh's Head credits from S1-S5 I think?
        As I understand it, in general the DVD credits do not match the show credits, until about season 3 or 4.

ETA: according to commentary from season 4, the gold pharoah came from the movie.

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

The original TV broadcasts of seasons 1-5 used the pharoah's head here in the UK. The original video releases used it too. It wasn't until I saw the DVD releases that I discovered there was a much more exciting clip-show opening.
          Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

The Pharoah head was in the Showtime airing of S1-S5 of SG1. When Sci-Fi got the rights their syndicated airings got the random clips opening with S6 got that brand new intro with Jonas
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Alright episode.
              To be honest, the ending of season 2 and the start of season 3 was pretty bad.

Comment

MUCH Better than the season finale of Season 2!
                Best parts:
                -A little Sam-N-Jack in there (waking her up, helping her hide, and The Hug)
                -General Hammond offplanet and flying with...oh drat, was it Teal'c or Bray'tac?Anyway, have to agree that the 'Yeee-haaaww!' was great.
                "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Hathor couldn't have been that much of a threat to the system lords if all she had was a single base and less then two dozen jaffa. Surely by the time she would have been in a strong enough position to take them on which would have taken several years at least, any information she would have gained from SG-1 would have been out of date

Comment

I'm sad to see Aunt Hathy go that quickly. She should have lived until Season 8 at least, responsible for killing Anubis (my brother lol) and eventually joining the SG-1 team after getting possessed by a Tok'ra worm. Her death was not that epic as I had hoped, but it was still a great episode.

And then of course: Hammy will always be remembered for his cowboy yankee style scream. For me it's probably the best five seconds of Hammy ever seen on television. It's like if Hathy brought Hammy to his best acting levels ever in the whole SG-1 story arc. I keep remembering the first Hathy appearance when Hammy got badly infected by her love virus, and now this yeehawgasm.

Comment

Well, that was MUCH better than the first part.

Yee haw, brilliant.
                      The soldiers all on their knees turning as one to look when the gate started rumbling, and then later all hitting the deck when Jack started shooting.

And Makepeace. Brilliiant. I love him. He was very good at assessing the situation, getting intel and making his plans accordingly. Good, decisive leadership.

But... oh BOY. Their radio procedure is lousy. Makepeace answers with "SG3-9" which is fine, but then starts referring to (and Hammond is no better) the Stargate in plain speech. Naughty boys.

And handing Daniel the pistol. Seriously, Daniel MUST have had some weapon training by now: CHECK THE SAFETY (not to mention the casual way Makepeace handed it over)

It was very convenient that SG-3 brought exactly the right size of boots for Sam.
                      In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

LOL about the boots.That's nothing.Even neater fit when S and J were wearing the beige suits they took away from Hathor's Scientists.Very handy.

Maybe it's Rule #1 of Screenwriting/Direction : Make sure both the Clobbered and Clobberers are a perfect match-up in advance.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

it is a sensible precaution.

Now watching Seth which has reminded me of one of the things that drove me INSANE in Into the Fire.

When the SG rescue teams are mincing around trying to look soldierly... why they have to bunch up like that in defiance of everything their drill sergeant taught them I. Do. Not. Know.

And my recruit trainer dies a little bit every time I see stuff like that.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Have to say,I agree.The whole idea of basic and ongoing training is NOT to become an easy target for the enemy.

Stand around or clump together just for dramatic effect=get picked off.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              LOL about the boots.That's nothing.Even neater fit when S and J were wearing the beige suits they took away from Hathor's Scientists.Very handy.

Maybe it's Rule #1 of Screenwriting/Direction : Make sure both the Clobbered and Clobberers are a perfect match-up in advance.
                              Well, to be fair the military personnel is all fit (well, those that go into the field at the SGC anyway) and so are most Goa'uld and their Jaffa most definitely. So, in that light I'd say clothes would probably fit fairly well, but boots are much more difficult! And I don't even remember if they had anything on their feet until SG-1 brought Sam boots?
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I remembered them wearing white or beige shoes, so went looking for caps

Sam and Jack from Out of Mind

"Raully" near end of Into the Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X