Out of Mind (222)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
    In which case defeating the system lords would not help long term unless goa'ulds unlearn their aggressive behavior!
    Probably but the Goa'uld only care about more power
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Probably but the Goa'uld only care about more power
      So what happened of long term benefit from defeating the system lords?
      Did the goa'ulds turn into Tok'ra?! What happened to the symbiotes in the Jaffa or just swimming around?

Comment

Power. Thats all a Goa'uld cares about. Other Goa'uld are servants to the one who has the power. Its been mentioned they have a feudal society in which its only about power and wealth
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Power. Thats all a Goa'uld cares about. Other Goa'uld are servants to the one who has the power. Its been mentioned they have a feudal society in which its only about power and wealth
          But in a feudal society the ones on the bottom don't enjoy their status, yet here goa'ulds are happy to get hosts even if they are of a lower feudal class than the rulers?

Comment

And that's the end of season 2

Quite a weird ending if he ask me. Not much of a cliffhanger seeing as I don't consider Hathor to much of a threat.

The wait for season 3 is gonna kill me
            sigpic

Comment

All four members of SG-1 go through shock at the apparent loss of their team members. None know the other is alive, but our two warriors are trained to search and rescue.

It's a wonderful premise, not leaving a friend behind, and while the clips just summarize how we got where we are, they were well integrated into the storyline; Hathor, reasserting her new position of power, needed information and went to the easiest source. I couldn't help thinking of all the planets she might have visited that were once ruled by Ra and Apophis to build her army of Jaffa. Not entirely sure how she thwarted Heru'er, though.

Poor Hammond losing all of SG-1...and poor Daniel losing his hair!
              Ahhh!

Comment

I don't think she needed to thwart Heru'er because he is her son. She only ever had problems with her husband/father(eek!) Ra. And I did not mourn for Daniel's loss as it just meant we got to see more of his beautiful face.

Comment

Aargh, another clip show! And really not a very good one. The initial setup is quite interesting but it quickly descends into something quite boring. And at the end of it all, we get bloody Hathor back. I actually struggled to concentrate on the TV screen as I watched this one, and was daydreaming at several points, notably when Jack starts exploring and discovers the SGC is fake. That scene seemed to last a long time.

- Daniel has a new haircut! I always like the long hair he had for the first couple of seasons because it associated him with James Spader's Daniel from the movie, but Michael Shanks has certainly made Daniel his own by this point. It was just a bit of a shock the first time I saw it.

- The mature Goa'uld we see at the end of the episode is probably one of the best creature effects the show had done by this point. By today's special effects standards it's not that great, but it's an important advance for the series.

- How many times has Teal'c asked to leave the SGC now as soon as he realises things aren't going to go his way? Chris Judge does give a very nice performance here.

- The short moment we see the fake General and fake Doctor speaking in the Goa'uld language is just... awful. Very stilted and awkward.

- I don't like the memory stimulator device things as a plot device, they're just a bit silly for some reason.

RATING: 4 out of 10

That's season 2 done. It's a much stronger season than the first one, with a higher quality of story telling, writing and direction. There's a few duff episodes, including two that are almost unwatchably bad (One False Step, Family) but some of my favourite episodes the show has ever done are also here (In the Line of Duty, Secrets, Touchstone, The Fifth Race, 1969). The cast are fully settled into their roles by now, notably Teal'c and General Hammond have really become integrated well. We were introducted to Major Davis, Sokar, Heru'ur, Jacob and the Tok'ra and Teal'c gave us his first, "indeed" (in One False Step).

It's a shame it has to end on a bit of a bum note with another damn clip show and bloody Hathor.
                  Last edited by LeftHandedGuitarist; 29 September 2011, 12:10 AM.
                  Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

With this rewatch I found this episode really bored me. I went to make a cup of tea and left the clip bits with Jack's memories that went on and on running on the DVD.

I didn't mind this episode when I first watched it, but now I can safely say that this is the worst ending/not a cliff hanger for a season in all of Stargate!

Hathor does get more annoying with every rewatch I'm beginning to find, especially with the.... silence! we are not amused, pitiful Tau'ri!.... act she has going!

Part two is a lot better.....well, because Jack's and our wish about Hathor is granted!

Comment

I felt that this episode was like a teacher telling the class what was important and will be on the exam.

Season Three next week!
                      Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

storyline was okay. didn't care for the return of hathor. that was big curveball to left field. teal'c leaving the SGC, didn't see that coming. O'Neill, Carter and Jackson being pumped full of information, very interesting. one thing i didn't like was using a clip show for a season finale. this is not star trek the next generation season 2. (TNG did the same thing.)

can't wait for the season 3 premiere. that was the first episode i ever saw when it first aired on showtime.

Comment

This clip episode is way better than the one in season 1. Way better
                          Really liked Goa'uld creativity of going out of the way to get info out of SG1. It shows what nuisance SG1 became in Goa'uld arses.
                          sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                            Had to write most of it twice because my pos computer shut down when I was nearly done.
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

5pm...and another ep of SG1...

1. First impression...something not quite right, I already knew there was at least one season to go.

2. Think this was the first time I saw Heru'ur or an Asgard mothership.

3. They'd have been better off leaving the reveal of the rest of the team till later, them teling Sam the same story just blew what little suspence there was.

4. Teal'c quitting the SGC was more of an eyebrow raiser.

Decent enough ep...and with that I've finished S2 by the skin of my teeth).
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

So there we have it, the worst finale in franchise. A damn clip show, although it was a more unique clip show.

This ends Season 2 of SG-1 and the end of the 2nd chapter of SGRewatch.

Season 3 begins on Monday.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X