Anyhow,I like the episode
    O'Neill:I'll be honest with you.My name is not James T.Kirk
    It's skywalker,Luke Skywalker FUNNY
    your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Originally posted by General Bazor
      Where would Micheal and Jenny be now?
      They could be almost anywhere. I'd love to have seen either one again, maybe as an aging UFOlogist, maybe after having seen Sam on TV during the Covenant denials tracking her down. But I doubt we have time.
      Last edited by Major Fischer; 19 September 2004, 11:42 AM. Reason: Adding

Comment

This episode aired today... when Jack says they "owe" Michael & the girl, and they can't take them with them to their 'planet,' Michael says "But you owe us!" Jack should have told him: "Here's five bucks. Put it on the Mets for the World Series. If they win, we're square."

Of course, Michael would probably have been in Viet Nam by the end of October, so maybe that wouldn't work. But it would have made a great reference!

Comment

Originally posted by jyh
          This episode aired today... when Jack says they "owe" Michael & the girl, and they can't take them with them to their 'planet,' Michael says "But you owe us!" Jack should have told him: "Here's five bucks. Put it on the Mets for the World Series. If they win, we're square."

Of course, Michael would probably have been in Viet Nam by the end of October, so maybe that wouldn't work. But it would have made a great reference!
          True, it would have. (I'm assuming that the Mets won the World Series that year, as you can see I'm not a big baseball fan)
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            True, it would have. (I'm assuming that the Mets won the World Series that year, as you can see I'm not a big baseball fan)
            They did, I believe for the first time, too.

Comment

At first I didn't like this episode then I got to see it over again and now I'm addicted. Yesterday I saw it 4 times in a row. They just cracked me up!

I was awed at how much the guy who played Lt. Hammond looked and sounded like General Hammond! Wow! And Gen. Hammond was sweet He's a real teddy bear that guy. I lurve him

"Teal'c: This method is innefective. ((Walks right in the middle of the street))"

MS did a great job speaking German. Does he speak it in reality? I swear he didn't have an accent!
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

hihihi that was a great episode haha Teal'c with the hair and than Michael and his wife
                your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

This is my favorite episode, so it seems like a good place to make my first post.

It had so much humor and somehow managed to stay serious. I loved Daniel's German accent. Michael Shanks did a wonderful job.

About the hippies:

Maybe in a future Episode we'll find out that Jenny and Micheal's son/daughter works at the SGC? That would be an interesting twist.

About the gate and the car batteries:

Doesn't the gate store enough energy to manually dial out once? I don't think I have the episode where they beamed the gate up and used it that way, so I can't check it to be sure. Since the gate had been in storage so long, maybe she only wanted to suppliment the energy? It could contradict 'Prisoners', so I apologize if I'm wrong.
                  Last edited by nos es antiquitas; 25 October 2004, 12:23 AM. Reason: I forgot to type something

O'Neill: What kind of archeologist carries a gun?

Jackson: Uhh... I do.

Comment

Originally posted by nos es antiquitas
                    Doesn't the gate store enough energy to manually dial out once? I don't think I have the episode where they beamed the gate up and used it that way, so I can't check it to be sure. Since the gate had been in storage so long, maybe she only wanted to suppliment the energy? It could contradict 'Prisoners', so I apologize if I'm wrong.
                    The gate had been in storage since 1945 and not used as with the stargate that was beamed up in Nemesis. So it probably had no stored energy what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by nos es antiquitas
                      Maybe in a future Episode we'll find out that Jenny and Micheal's son/daughter works at the SGC? That would be an interesting twist.
                      I think I've had too much coffee today, but Janet could have been Jenny and Michael's daughter, theoretically speaking. Jenny was short, and Janet isn't (wasn't, grrr) exactly rivaling a basetball pole heightwise. And somehow I can see Janet growing up in such a wacky environment...hmm. Fic time!

Comment

Having been a teen in 1969, I think we aren't ever supposed to know what happens to Michael.
                        What I'm still wondering is what Jack was going to tell Michael when Sam interrupted to remind Jack that Michael had to make his own decision [so the timeline wouldn't change].

Comment

Um...invest in the tech stocks???

Comment

I liked this episode. Very funny and interesting. As people have said, it would be good to see Michael and Jenny again

Comment

Originally posted by .:Lemon:.
                              I liked this episode. Very funny and interesting. As people have said, it would be good to see Michael and Jenny again
                              This probably wouldn't be a good idea (for them to meet any of SG-1 again). They thought they were helping aliens to get back home. Now to see them again would raise a lot of questions, (like why they stayed on earth, or why did they come back, and why haven't they aged?) and no one wants to even try to explain time travel.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                                lol I do agree. Mind you, I'm guessing it costs a lot of money to run, if it is kept open for a longer period of time because it requires more power. However, over a short period it may not require so much energy.
                                Well, haven't they said at least once that the Gate, being a superconductor, stores energy, and that it generally retains enough energy for one 'cold' dial? Remember how they were experimenting with the gate just 20 years earlier, in the 1940s. I don't think it's that incredible that the Gate could have stored some energy from then--maybe it just needed to be jump-started, or something.
                                My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                                -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                                -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                                -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Working...
                                X