No announcement yet.

Show and Tell (220)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great episode, quite a lot of fun all the way through and introduces a really cool new enemy. It's such a shame, as many others here have mentioned, that we never get to see them, or even hear about them, again. It's even teased in a big way at the end of the episode as Selmak says "they will not give up, more will come", but no. Plus, Charlie survives to become a Tok'ra host and Jack says he'll come visit him, but nope. Nothing.

The Reetou are great aliens, although the special effects budget wasn't quite enough to pull them off in the way they deserved to be. I loved the splatty effect as they are killed! It was like something out of Starship Troopers.

The kid playing Charlie was pretty decent for a child actor (a million times better than bloody Rya'c), and some of the lines he were given were very emotional in relationship to Jack's situation with his son. The silent/finger conversation Jack and Daniel had was hilarious!

- How did the Goa'uld/Tok'ra ever fight the Reetou if they double over in pain every time one is near?

- The scene of Daniel and Sam sending the message to the Tok'ra was taken right out of 'Enigma', wasn't it? They just added Sam into the scene, but I think the footage of Daniel was identical.

- I love Jack's reaction to Charlie's, "for crying out loud!". That's a very genuine smirk.

RATING: 7.5 out of 10
    Private guitar tuition | Return To Grace - rock/pop party band

Comment

I really like show and tell. I like the reetou, even if we never see them again. And goa'ulded charlie had potential too. I also love the tok'ra actually helping us for once (usually it's the other way around). Not to mention seeing jacob and we also get to see Soldier Sam taking care of business.

it was just a good adventure
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A good solid episode. Nice bunch of very 'alien' aliens! Shame they were invisible and we didn't really get to see them really up close!

A new enemy, but a new friend too. It would have been good if the Retu and 'Charlie' were followed up on, they would have made interesting allies against enemies further down the line. The fact that they tried to warn the humans and made an effort to learn about them would have made for interesting moments getting to know them whilst working together in an alliance. Looks like the Retu also had their own 'NID', a faction working on their own agenda in the belief they were protecting their world.

I too liked the fact that the Tok'ra alliance paid off here and it helped the SGC in this case. They would have been lost without those Retu detectors and weapons.

I was surprised that the Tok'ra who came with Jacob was allowed to run up to the control room unaccompanied to input his coordinates. I suppose the sense of urgency to get the weapons to help the SGC allowed for this, but it still struck me as really out of place given the usual protocols they have.

They really had a thing about kids being a means for the enemy to destroy them in the early days of Stargate! At least in this case the kid was a means to help by warning them.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
          So if a Reetou makes symbiotes all squirmy and stuff, did 'Mother' just avoid Teal'c since Spirits, since he didn't feel anything til this ep?
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

An average ep (*falls asleep because of his repetition*).

Well Jacob's back, and he's brought some TERs with him. They'll prove useful in future episodes.

Also, the Iris Palm Scanner was installed in this one, and it will be upgraded over the course of the series.

Tomorrow, we go back in time about 42 years.
            sigpic

Comment

5pm and another ep of SG1...

1. "I did not order you to open the iris mister..." First eyebrow raising moment.

2. Come on Mum...invisible aliens is not the easiest of concepts for us to get our head around...

3. This was originally the first time I'd actually seen Jacob...and had to explain who he was to Mum who hadn't read up on the eps we missed...

4. Looking back...I'm surprised they never revisited the Reetou but there's only so much you can do with them.

Pretty cool ep!
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I was sorry we never saw Charlie again. It would have been interesting to see his growth as a Tok'ra.
                Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Nice episode it's to bad we don't see Charlie or the Retu again though.
                  My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

Another one of SG1s forgotten stories. It always disappointed me that we never saw the Re'tu again. Mostly because I find this such an interesting episode I wish we had more of it.

It has both action and character development. The relationship between Jack and Charlier so touching its so sad to see him suffer and see the sadness Jack experences it especially when "Mother" dies. And well the action is obvious with SG1 and the Tok'ra investigating a planet and the fighting in the base. Plus I like seeing our relationship with the Tok'ra as it develops.

It was such a good storyline that I feel was wasted.
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I didn't really care for the Retu and I'm just fine with them not coming back. There's only so much storytelling you can do with invisible giant cockroaches.

I would have liked to see Charlie again. That could have been interesting.

I love seeing Jack with kids. Just melts my heart.

Comment

I do wish we had seen Charlie as a Tok'ra later *thinks about incorporating that into a fic*
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Meh episode. I like to think the Retu decided after this failure it was a better use of their time to attack other human worlds that were unprepared and that's why we never saw them again.
                          http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4574/dontblinkgc5.jpg

Comment

Alright episode.
                            The episode wasn't good, but it was not bad either.

Comment

This episode simply isn't good. The Rheetu or Re'tu or Retu were made to be these stealthy assassins with mini-nukes in their arsenal. Why didn't they just detonate when their numbers were dwindling at the SG base? They knew they were going to die, it seems that weapon is a last ditch effort anyways, they are "suicide" assassins. Why is this race never heard from again? Why don't we ever hear about Charlie again?

I think the reason is because this episode is glorified "filler". It tried to be something more than filler but the truth is it was always meant to be filler.

Just think, there is probably invisible Rheetu blood and remains everywhere on base. Ewww.

Comment

This episode is a personal favorite of mine...
                                ...then again, any episode that has Sam or Jack interacting with children is a favorite, so don't mind me.

The only thing that seriously bugs me about this episode is the fact we never hear from or about either 'Charlie' or the Ree-tou (sp?) again. I think the Ree-tou get a passing mention, but toher than that...they just go bye-bye into the Black Hole of Throwaway Plot Devices.

Vanysh: Invisible Ree-tou blood? Never thought of that one. YUCK!
                                "Y'know; Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Insane. Bonzo. No Longer in posession of one's faculties. Three fries short of a Happy Meal. WHACKO!!!!!"

The perfect couple!

Comment

Working...
                                X