A Matter of Time (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kieltyka View Post
    I am new to this forum and haven't had much time to read all of this thread first. But anyways, something I wonder.

Considering time dilation, even though the first wormhole connection that SG10 dialed in on the planet lost its connection on SGC's side. Don't you think there would still be a wormhole active on SG10 side? Maybe that is why SGC could not disengage their wormhole and would explain how gravity could leak through the Stargate and start pulling everything in.
    In order for a Stargate to remain open for more than the 38 minute mark you would need an immense energy source. In "A Matter of Time" it is the extreme gravity of the black hole which keeps the wormhole open. When SG-10 originally dialed into the SGC the Gate wouldn't have been open for more than a fraction of a second from their perspective. Then the SGC dials P3W-451 to try to make contact with SG-10, when they realize what is going on they attempt to break the connection which they can't sue to the fact that the amazing energy being produced by the black hole is keeping the wormhole open.
    sigpic

Comment

Ok, I was a little confused at first about the time dilation but I get it. When SG10 dials the Gate to SGC, it takes a while for SGC to get the incoming wormhole. By the time SGC received it, SG10's Gate was just closing. Right?

Anyways, you have to love how the idea of time dilation was being toyed with in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieltyka View Post
        Ok, I was a little confused at first about the time dilation but I get it. When SG10 dials the Gate to SGC, it takes a while for SGC to get the incoming wormhole. By the time SGC received it, SG10's Gate was just closing. Right?

Anyways, you have to love how the idea of time dilation was being toyed with in this episode.
        Most definitely, but I wouldn't use the word toyed more like experimented with.
        sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. I think its exciting. Being sucked by a blackhole through a wormhole. FX are great, imo.

I love all the Jack bits. The humor in the opening scene when Carter was trying to explain wormholes. More info on Jack's past. I wonder if Jack finally forgave Cromwell(?).

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
            I really enjoyed this episode. I think its exciting. Being sucked by a blackhole through a wormhole. FX are great, imo.

I love all the Jack bits. The humor in the opening scene when Carter was trying to explain wormholes. More info on Jack's past. I wonder if Jack finally forgave Cromwell(?).
            I think it is hard to hold a grudge against someone who is dead...
            sigpic

Comment

Pretty awesome episode.

Hehe funny how everyone got made at Carter for talking so fast and using all technical terms that went over their heads - but like she said what they were seeing was theoretical impossible so she was just amazed and clearly in her element.

Hammond's line "Relativity gives me a headache" was exactly what I was starting to think by then.

First appearance by Major Davis, one of the first outside the SGC officers to actually be nice.

Special effects where pretty cool, a little dated but cool none the less.

Originally posted by captain jake View Post
              fact that he spent four months in an Iraqi prison makes a lot of sense. For an officer to be picked for an off world mission and than go on to lead the front line team of the SGC he would have to have some serious credentials. It's a shame that Colonel Cromwell died, they should have knocked out that glass before they went down the rope.
              Agreed, I like how we learn just that little bit more of Jack and what makes him the officer he is today.

It appeared to me at least that Cromwell let go seeing it as his way of repaying/making up for the mistake (or at least what Jack sees as a mistake) he made all those years ago. So no I don't think Jack would of held a grudge.

Reason I watched this in what seems like out of order according to Gateworld, my DVDs are ordered in production code rather then airing order so I'm following that.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

I thought they were all being a little rough on Carter at times. But overall, they were pretty funny about shutting down her technobabble.

Jack was cranky most of this episode.

Major Davis!! W00t!!!

Comment

Gr8 Ep!! Episodes with Black Holes are the BEST! BlackHoles have to be the most intresting thing in Space but thats just me
                  Jack was cranky all Episode because Sam kept telling him complicated stuff lol.
                  I'd be cranky to, lols

Comment

I like how Sam was torn between awe at what she was seeing from a scientific standpoint and horror from what was happening to the other team from a human standpoint (and that she had to be reminded of that human thing by Jack).

sig made by Pic

Comment

Yes I loved this episode !

Maybe the science was not correct with black holes but this is scifi at its best. Great special effects , and love Sam in this episode. Think all the main characters did a great job.

Also we learn about Jacks past and it must have been hard for him losing Cromwell .

Rating: 7 / 10

Comment

carter at her most confusing and best

Comment

Originally posted by Butlersgate View Post
                          carter at her most confusing and best
                          Indeed. Jack was getting kinda mad at her in this episode. Can't say I blame him...

I think the best exchange between them went something like this...

Carter: "Wow! We're actually witnessing something we shouldn't be able to, etc. etc."

Jack: "We are witnessing good men dying in slow motion!"

Great stuff.
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

i agree if i was jack i would be angry and upset at seeing good man and women dieing let alone in slow motion and to her sam say what she did the way she did with excitement at seeing a black hole and not thinking of the people who are trapped and dieing slowly i would have reacted like that also
                            sigpic

Comment

Man...

After being a stargate fan for many years, the title of this episode still gets me. I always think it's the episode where they get stuck in a time loop over and over again. " A Matter of Time " just screams the title of that episode to me.

They should change the names around to please me

Comment

lol yes alan wake they would do it to please u i agree altho it also suites this episode because the black hole slows time down
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X