A Matter of Time (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mightydefiant
    I have two questions. One: Why did the wormhole did that spining cone shape thing? Hammond:Why is it doing that? O'Neill: It started when you got on the phone with the presdent.
    Two: Do you think it did the same on the other side?
    Three: My first post woo!
    Hey Welcome to GW

I'm not a science geek, but I think it was cos the planet that was begining destroy by the black hole was close to the actual hole. *shrugs*

Someone might correct me one that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      Pssst! SmartFox and Lida, post#46, I believe.

I loved that relationship between Jack and Cromwell and how we finally learn what Jack meant in Prisoners. It does tend to get overshadowed by the SF aspect of a black hole screwing with the established time zones and threatening to swallow Earth, though.
      Black holes tend to do that.

Comment

I thought this epsode was BRILLIANT!, the effects, teh acting (ok thats always good),the idea,......EVERYTHING!

it was really funny, i whatched it on DVD and the episode before it i put it in slow motion on a DHD part or something i can't remember, anyway i was zooming in and playing around and stuff

anyway, when that episode started, and they were all going in slow motion i kept pressing the play button! i was like: "comon you stupid remote! work!"

i love this episode

i like the whole wormhole/gravity thing they did!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

As always on Stargate, this episode had great special effects. The idea was also pretty interesting too. Not a fave of mine, but I think that's possibly because I haven't seen it that many times.

Comment

Love this epsidoe!!!!!!!!, it doesnt happen often but Siler gets a few lines

Comment

Pretty good episode...........I liked how they showed days pass outside the mountain but only minutes inside............yet another unoriginal title, though

Comment

A good epsidoe. I thought it was pretty original and I was amazed at some of the writing and some of the humore. I thought it was also nice that they delved into some of Jack's background and pitted Sam agaisnt everyone when she contridicts the plan for shutting tdown the gate. I thought it was a let down that Daniel didn't appear until the end but otherwise a good episode for the show.

timdalton007

Comment

Seeing I haven't seen all of Season 2 until recently. I never knew why the gate had a better iris. Now I know. In fact I think it's was a blessing in disguise. What a weird and twisted way of getting them to install a better iris than threaten the entire existence of the world as we know it?
                  ...it never ends.

Comment

I loved this episode, but as a former Airman, I was a little annoyed when Col. Cromwell called the Airman 1st Class a 'Seargant'. An Airman, is NOT a seargant, nor have they EVER been. Once upon a time, 'Senior Airmen' used to be called 'Buck Seargants', but no longer. My only peeve, in an otherwise great episode.
                    The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

hmmmmm will the gate swirl the opposite way in the southern hemisphere???
                      For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

love this espiode wish there would do another liked the part with carter walking up to the gate and putting her dog tags in the event horizon and realizing that the blackhole was sucking things thought the gate

overall good epsiode
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I rewatched this episode a couple of days ago and there's something that has been bothering me. How is the balck hole's gravity coming through an outgoing worm hole? I could be confused or maybe I just missed something but can't matter, air, gravity, etc only go one way. And if this is so the wouldn't the "out-goingness" of a wormhole protect our side from the effects of a black hole. If not then explain it to me because it's driving me insane.

Comment

I think it was due to the strength of the "force" from the blackhole that made the gravity travel two ways. Plus the planet was also in the path of the blackhole could also be a factor.

the gravity of the black hole is holding the other end of the wormhole.
                            So the StarGate is basicly drawing power form the Blackhole's gravity.

Comment

Originally posted by hermiod626
                              I rewatched this episode a couple of days ago and there's something that has been bothering me. How is the balck hole's gravity coming through an outgoing worm hole?
                              It's one of those little tidbits we inadvertantly learn about the 'Gate, otherwise known as a plot-device. Although, while it was simply a plot-device, they worked it into the story quite well, and Carter's surprise at the gravity translating through the outgoing wormhole was both believable and definitely added to the gravity of the situation [pun most certainly intended] as an event that nobody really saw coming or previously thought possible.
                              Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                              Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                              Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                              - Serenity

Comment

Great mission It showed that sometimes you can't save evrybody.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X