A Matter of Time (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeaBee
    Isn't Carter going to get into trouble for losing her tags? I'm sure there must be regs. that say you must wear your tags at all time while on active duty!

And how do you write up the report?

Reason for loss: Eaten by wormhole!
    I don't think she'd worry about it. She's done worse than losing her tags in her time at the SGC!

Comment

I think this is really one of my favorite episodes, especially of season 2. The story was great and kept you thinking. It was a classic Stargate episode like FHB said. And yep Madeleine, for such a great ep, they can get a free pass on the plotholes.
      Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
      My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I think this episode was great. i felt so bad for sg10. i can't even imagine how they felt. I think that even thouht sam is very smart and she can take long to explain something they should take her more seriously i mean if it wasn't for her they would have been sucked into the black hole. the episode was great. even thought they seem to be working fine you always knew that they were moving and talking slower than normar. they thought they were there a couple of days when they were there for two weeks.

Comment

Great ep but no one has commented on us learning some stuff about Jacks past. Its a side that we don't normally get to see and i'm glad the writers put that in. O'neill is a mean unforgiving SOB though to Cromwell, i guess i would be to if someone left me to be tortured for 4 months. It was an accident though.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
            Great ep but no one has commented on us learning some stuff about Jacks past. Its a side that we don't normally get to see and i'm glad the writers put that in. O'neill is a mean unforgiving SOB though to Cromwell, i guess i would be to if someone left me to be tortured for 4 months. It was an accident though.
            I dunno if you read fic, but there's a favorite author of mine who drabbles in Jack's background and how it affects him at the SGC. You can read her stuff here. Janet's POV and mostly Jack-centered. OzK (the author) manages to handle the emotional stuff without bogging the story down. Check'em out.

Comment

I love this ep. Anything that has to do with time travel/dialation is fine in my book.
              Last edited by kelmah; 14 April 2005, 12:01 PM. Reason: spelling
              YAY DANCING BANANAS!!!

Hallowed Are The Moderators

Kate Hewlett's blog

A Dog's Breakfast official site

37.47535% - Major Geek How geeky are you?

Comment

Originally posted by kelmah
                I love this ep. Anything that has to do with time travel/dialation is fine in my book.
                yea, it was fascinating. they need more eps like this in s9
                Save us from danger, save us from evil
                Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

I found this pic on my Yahoo home page today-news. When I first saw this I immediately thought of this episode.

Comment

You are the first person I've heard say that, but I've thought it everytime I see that episode. I love A Matter of Time and I think it's extremely well done, but the fact that Jack can't find it in his heart to forgive Cromwell has always bothered me. Sure, Jack suffered, but he wasn't left behind on purpose and Cromwell wanted to go back, but there is such a thing as chain of command and Jack would be the first to stand by such an order.

I think it showed a side of Jack perhaps we didn't want to see, but that we knew was there.
                    On fighting:
                    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

wel if i had a science test in school about black holes this is the best ep to watch but all in all i really liked i thought that it was cool the way the iris was sucked off the gate

Comment

Originally posted by kelmah

that's always one interesting topic in SG

Comment

I loved this episode.
                          But I was waiting for Jack to say, after he was told that two weeks had passed:
                          Did someone tape The Simpsons for me?
                          Courses that I would most definitively take at the Stargate University:

Ascension, Descension and the importance of flags, by Dr. Daniel Jackson
                          (Thanks to Merentha for proposing it!)

Comment

O'neill is a mean unforgiving SOB though to Cromwell, i guess i would be to if someone left me to be tortured for 4 months. It was an accident though.
                            Given Jack's past (Black Ops, etc.), I think it would be hard to consider something like that an accident. Too many 'what if..?'s: was it or wasn't it an accident, were 'they' or were 'they' not counting on him talking...talk about a can of worms.

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                              You are the first person I've heard say that, but I've thought it everytime I see that episode. I love A Matter of Time and I think it's extremely well done, but the fact that Jack can't find it in his heart to forgive Cromwell has always bothered me. Sure, Jack suffered, but he wasn't left behind on purpose and Cromwell wanted to go back, but there is such a thing as chain of command and Jack would be the first to stand by such an order.

I think it showed a side of Jack perhaps we didn't want to see, but that we knew was there.
                              Pssst! SmartFox and Lida, post#46, I believe.

I loved that relationship between Jack and Cromwell and how we finally learn what Jack meant in Prisoners. It does tend to get overshadowed by the SF aspect of a black hole screwing with the established time zones and threatening to swallow Earth, though.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

I have two questions. One: Why did the wormhole did that spining cone shape thing? Hammond:Why is it doing that? O'Neill: It started when you got on the phone with the presdent.
                                Two: Do you think it did the same on the other side?
                                Three: My first post woo!
                                Last edited by mightydefiant; 12 July 2005, 04:25 PM.
                                This is my sugnature!
                                Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Working...
                                X