• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bring forth the 3-episode quiz:

Touchstone --> This way!
    A Matter Of Time
    The Fifth Race

...and the jigsaw puzzle for this episode.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The actor who plays Hank Boyd also comes back as one of the Prometheus' very short term commanders. In Lost City maybe?

Seaboe
      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
        The actor who plays Hank Boyd also comes back as one of the Prometheus' very short term commanders. In Lost City maybe?
        I'll confirm when I get there...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          I'll confirm when I get there...
          I can confirm it now, his character named Colonel Kirkland and he appeared in Lost City, Part 2. By the way, poor major Boyd and his team. I felt for all of them despite the fact how little they were shown on the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post

Seaboe
            That is Kurt Max Runte, who played Boyd in "A Matter of Time" and Col. Kirkland in "Lost City", part 2.

Comment

I'll give it a good. What seems like such a stand alone episode is actually crucial episode for Stargate science. The showing of what happens is crucial for later episodes. I actually love how a lot of what happens contradicts current science since this happens a lot with the current world. The one thing I never cared for is how Crommwell and Jack knew each. Out of the thousands of people who work in the military it seems a big coincidence and honestly I think its unnecessary and adds nothing to Carter's science problem. This is really her episode.

Perfect score on the quiz. I guess S2 was the season of kids for SG1 actors. Also 4 minutes and 32 seconds on the puzzle

EDIT: Siler has to have the worst luck
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

As much as I like the Jadzia Dax character in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, I never got the feeling that it was anything more than ... babble.[/QUOTE]

I felt that way about all of the Star Trek spin-offs...
                "I met a traveller from an antique land..."

Comment

Originally posted by Jump237 View Post
                  My question is would an 18-20 yr old airman in 1998 even know what a "walkman with dying batteries" sounds like? That's a very '80s reference. I don't remember kids(or anybody else for that matter) listening to tapes much in the late '90s.
                  I had a Sony Walkman when I deployed to Saudi Arabia for Operation: Desert Storm -as did many of my fellow soldiers. I kept the Walkman in a ziploc bag even while using it to limit dust/sand infiltration. The sand in Southwest Asia is comprised of very fine particles, not like what we're accustomed to in North America, and it tended to get into everything.

Sorry, conceding your point but I seem to remember that personal CD players (with functional anti-skip tech) weren't really available at a price-point many could afford for some time after.
                  Last edited by photoglyph; 10 February 2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by photoglyph View Post
                    The sand in Southwest Asia is comprised of very fine particles, not like what we're accustomed to in North America, and it tended to get into everything.
                    Now I'm reminded of Jonathan in The Mummy when he's complaining about all the sand getting every where, in all the cracks.

Comment

Well, it was a bit like brown talcum powder

Comment

well, it was a bit like brown talcum powder
                        I can vividly imagine it.

Comment

5 minutes 37 seconds

Comment

So... it that time posting the amount of time to reply to my post or perhaps something far more sinister... like a 3-minute egg that is now
                            2 minutes and thirty-seven seconds past due?

Comment

I have to say that 'A Matter of Time' is one of my favorite episodes of Stargate SG-1, first saw it in 2003 after becoming addicted to the Sci-Fi channel's four hour Monday night Stargate block. Samantha Carter's line "The image has red-shifted" was perfect science for me -whether 100% scientifically accurate or not. When they learn how long they've been out-of-touch after being contacted by Major Davis was great too.

Now I can view the episode and see where others may have an issue with the relationship as played between O'Neill and Cromwell but in the drama of the story, it fully works for me. Definitely in ever-evolving list of top ten episodes.

Comment

So... it that time posting the amount of time to reply to my post or perhaps something far more sinister... like a 3-minute egg that is now
                                2 minutes and thirty-seven seconds past due?
                                LOL

No, your posts show up later than where you think they'll end up because you're on probie-status, and n00b's are moderated.
                                We had a spam-attack a few years back -- it was a nasty one -- and ever since that, newbies have to proof they are human.

Don't worry, in just a little while -- I don't know the precise timing though -- you'll be free to post like any other.

The times, I and others post, are the amount of time it takes us to solve the jigsaw puzzles I create per episode. We started a Proper Stargate Rewatch to pass the time until Stargate Origins was going to be released, but as it turns out most people aren't allowed to watch that so it's just a regular rewatch -- from Stargate (1994) all the way to the last episode of Stargate Universe (which I haven't actually watched yet, so it would be my first time).

You're welcome to join in if you like.

Comment

Working...
                                X