No announcement yet.

A Matter of Time (216)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not necessarily, considering the entire window was under equal gravitational pull from the open gate. It wasn't a focused force on the middle of the window, or something, in which case it would fall into small pieces if it's safety glass.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My LiveJournal post
      Some pretty cool effects on this ep. I especially like how the iris gets pulled into the wormhole.
      Also, is it Cromwell who is played by Marshall Teague? He's good as Ta'Lon on Babylon 5 too.
      "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
      "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
      "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
      "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
      >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
        I especially like how the iris gets pulled into the wormhole.
        Really? I've always thought that was one of the worst special effects they ever did (right up there with the cave in Crystal Skull).

Seaboe
        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

You did? I thought it looked quite funky... (Don't say "What is funky?" )
          I like the cave in The Crystal Skull too...
          Maybe I just have simple tastes...
          "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
          "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
          "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
          "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
          >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Pretty Good episode, one of the best of Season 2.

Siler got hear for the first time in the series. And Major Davis was introduced in this one.

I kind of loved this Visual Effect:
            Spoiler:

Tomorrow, this best Ep of Season 2, "The Fifth Race."
            sigpic

Comment

I think the giant wrench was introduced in this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Jae'a View Post
                You did? I thought it looked quite funky... (Don't say "What is funky?" )
                I like the cave in The Crystal Skull too...
                Maybe I just have simple tastes...
                Maybe it did look funky, but I also thought it looked fake. Not like metal would if it were collapsing. As for the cave, well, when was the last time you saw the Grand Canyon out of focus? By making the cave out of focus they were trying to make it look big, but instead they just made it look fuzzy.

Seaboe
                If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos View Post
                  Siler got hear for the first time in the series.
                  Forgive me if I'm being dense, but what does this mean?

Seaboe

Comment

I think the intended word was "heard" rather than "hear". Is this the episode where Siler had his first spoken line? I thought he'd already had a line or two, but I could be wrong.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Whether it was meant to be 'here' or 'heard' both are wrong; his first appearance was in Solitudes and he had nine spoken lines there too.
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Whether it was meant to be 'here' or 'heard' both are wrong; his first appearance was in Solitudes and he had nine spoken lines there too.
                        Maybe he meant 'hurt'?
                        The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
                          Maybe he meant 'hurt'?
                          Now that makes sense. Thanks.

Seaboe

Comment

Great episode loved the fact that they seemed to almost lose this time do to the fact it's a black hole. The visual effects of the event horizon going backwards was pretty cool tool.
                            My favorite TV shows

sigpic

Comment

5pm. Time for another ep of SG1.

1. Forgot about the initial scene at the start aren't initially weren't sure who the guys with the wierd voices were.

2. Should have guessed the time dialation quicker than I did.

3. Frank Cromwell was an interesting enough character, good to get more back story on Jack.

4. Forgot about the power shutting down scene.

5. Forgot that Sam had to rip up the official plan.

6. So this is when we first run into Major Davis!

Very cool ep.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Another one of these meh episodes. Don't good but at the same time not really bad. The effect the Stargate has on black holes in interesting but at the same time I found it drawn out. The whole time dilation effect get overused after awhile. And Cromwell seems nothing more then a plot device to explore Jack's past. Not surprising he died.

But hey it introduces Major "I Never Get A Promotion" Davis. Davis in his first episode comes out consistent with his character. He is a military diplomat and it shows in how delegatates with Hammond. And I really liked the solution. So simple with Stargate physics and yet it makes sense.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X