The Fifth Race (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zats
    Kind of nice to see the Asgard when we didn't have to save their planet or anything.

lol! god they're such a drag!

(sorry i just had to put that in )

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Perriman33
      ^ lol yeah! I bet they wish they'd never met the little buggers now.
      Except for when we need the Prometheus or Daedalus. Then we couldn't love their skinny grey butts more.

Comment

I enjoy this episode and can watch it even though i know mre than they did back then RDA was brilliant in this episode

Comment

Yeah.........GREAT episode........I have officially given up on them showing the Furlings

Comment

It's been a while since I last saw this ep - but Sky showed it last night as part of their 'Jack's a fab character, isn't he?' season.

Absolutely agree that it's a fantastic episode. Having become used to seeing Jack as less than academically minded (not stupid, just not a boffin), to find him suddenly producing enormous strings of equations in base 8 mathematics (what?!) and providing a hand drawn schematic of a DHD with instructions on how to get it working properly is so extraordinary!

Needless to say, RDA carries it all off beautifully.
            sigpic

Comment

this is my fav stargate epidsode, i must have watched this a ton of times
              My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

Definitely one of my favourites for many reasons. Too many good scenes to mention but I do love the moment when Jack's increasing frustration at his inability to communicate directly manifests itself in that typical sarky note he hands to Daniel when he wants to be left in peace

Comment

Definitly one of the best episodes of both the second season and the series. I love the whole final act with O'Neill meeting the Asgard and his return to trough the Stargate to the SGC and the great conversation between him, Teal'c, and Daniel. It's a classic.

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007
                    Definitly one of the best episodes of both the second season and the series. I love the whole final act with O'Neill meeting the Asgard and his return to trough the Stargate to the SGC and the great conversation between him, Teal'c, and Daniel. It's a classic.

timdalton007

I whole heartedly agree!
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Interestingly enough this episode was the first ep I saw and it got me hooked onto SG-1 ever since.
                      All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                      Pay it forward

Comment

Originally posted by skritsys
                        Interestingly enough this episode was the first ep I saw and it got me hooked onto SG-1 ever since.

I agree!, I enjoyed the movie and the series on Showtime then SciFi. But when I first saw 'the Fifth Race' episode, I knew SG was special. It had that (I dare say) Star Trek feel to it in that it was special to be human.
                        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Best episode ever! Jack was fantastic and Daniel's concern for him was done very effectively while everyone else seem to treat him as though he had the plague.

Comment

click on the link and it will bring you to a post i wrote about this episode
                            it explains how i feel about it and what it truly means to the whole stargate universe.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....1&postcount=20
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
                              I agree!, I enjoyed the movie and the series on Showtime then SciFi. But when I first saw 'the Fifth Race' episode, I knew SG was special. It had that (I dare say) Star Trek feel to it in that it was special to be human.
                              this episode is probably the best episode for a newbis to watch first before children of the gods. just becuse you need the info from this episode to understand what in the heck is going on in the current seasons lol
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by pj111984
                                this episode is probably the best episode for a newbis to watch first before children of the gods. just becuse you need the info from this episode to understand what in the heck is going on in the current seasons lol

I agree pj, I really enjoyed the movie and the series alot in the beginning, buy when I saw 'the Fifth Race' episode it took the show to another level as far as how much I liked it.

On other threads I have likened that episode to being and having a Star Trek feel to it in the fact that it puts us (humans) on a level that makes us great and unique compared to other races and species. Good sci-fi has a great way of doing that!.
                                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                                X