No announcement yet.

The Fifth Race (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll agree with everyone else and say this episode is fantastic. So many good scenes in it.
    It is absolutely one of the best Jack episodes and I think no-one else could have pulled off the meeting with the Asgard like he did. Not intimidated at all to hear about such a heady group

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      It's a toss-up as to which S2 ep is better... this one or A Matter of Time. Guess I'll settle for both...

And the boxing scene with Teal’c and Jack – The way Jack was dressed and how he danced around Teal'c. LOL!!! Little wonder T said to him “I do not understand O'Neill. Are we preparing to dance or to do battle?”
      The boxing scene: according to Essential Scripts, CJ didn't pull his punch enough and actually hit RDA hard enough to knock him over exactly the way it looked on camera. The "Am I bleeding?" and responding "You are fine, O'Neill" were lightning-fast ad-libs on the actors' parts.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
        No wonder RDA was good at not hardly speaking in this epsiode. I didn't know he had started out as mime until I saw the latest Stargate lowdown.
        As succinctly put in Essential Scripts (the sum of all meaningful knowledge in the universe), TPTB chose to incorporate the Asgaard--who play a key role in what is one of the most inspiring scenes of the season, if not series--in this episode because RDA "liked acting with the little puppet."

Comment

I really thought in Jack's last lines in the ep. he was going to slip in an alien word, just to kid around with everyone.

Comment

Now that Earth has warp drive, why dont we go back to P3R-272 and see what's OUTSIDE the room? Maybe...I dunno...an Ancient city? COME ON!
            FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

This is definitely one of my favourite episodes, quite fascinating to watch!
              Last edited by Hans22; 25 May 2005, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Well I'm afraid I don't find this episode as amazing as everyone else It was pretty good sure, but until the gate started dialling 8 chevrons I really wasn't that engaged with the episode. The end is excellent, but in my opinion it is dragged down by the slow two-thirds beforehand.

Stargate SG-1 Survivor - Season 2

Gateworld's Next Top Artist (NEW!)

B'elanna: This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos...

Comment

Classic, classic episode. One of the best ever and my personal favorite. Lost City was awesome too because it had the download thingy PLUS the big battle... but there's something... magical...about how they worked it at the end in fifth race. Plus RDA was like Macguyver again for a little while! Building all kinds of crazy crap out of nothin. It was awesome....just plain awesome

Comment

Howdy, all !

Rather than search this long thread, I'll ask my question and beg forgiveness if it's a repeat.

At the end, Jack didn't remember anything. Does that mean only from when he'd been downloaded or did that include his talk with the Asgard?

What I'm trying to figure out is what they learned at the S.G.C. about the Asgard from his encounter with them.

Thanks!

Comment

I think just the downloaded stuff. I can't think of a reason why he would forget his conversation with the Asgaard. That being said, I can imagine him not wanting to discuss the conversation--it showed a different side that he generally keeps hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by zats
                        I think just the downloaded stuff. I can't think of a reason why he would forget his conversation with the Asgaard. That being said, I can imagine him not wanting to discuss the conversation--it showed a different side that he generally keeps hidden.
                        Thanks. I popped over to Fair Game where Jack meets Thor and he mentioned having 'seen their work' referring to the Asgard, so I'm going to take it that he did remember everything after he woke up.

Comment

This wasn't the best episodes ever, it was more of an episode that is importnat to the shows progresion

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

I have to say this was one of my fave episodes. Mainly because it showed the Asgard properly for the first time and it also showed some of the background to the ancients.Jack was well written for and well acted by RDA and it made the link between jack and the asgard ,which is used a lot later on!

Comment

Kind of nice to see the Asgard when we didn't have to save their planet or anything.

Comment

^ lol yeah! I bet they wish they'd never met the little buggers now.

Comment

Working...
                                X