The Fifth Race (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zats
    There's a reason that I like this episode.

Let's face it. Our favorite SG team spends 36 hours a day skating frozen chaos, bare hairs from total disaster/annhilation. We close one threat, sit on the lid, and another one pops up. And another. And another. And while we're off dealing with those, lids pop up and out come the creepy crawlies. It's a bit like a galatic game of Whack-a-Mole, but with higher stakes.

This ep isn't like that. Jack gives in to his curiousity, sticks his nose where it doesn't belong, and starts doodling thingamabobs that look suspiciously like ZPMs during briefings. Next thing we know he's building souped-up camping lanterns and gallivanting to another galaxy. But you know what? It all turns out all right in the end. The Asgaard use a palm-sized vacuum cleaner, wipe it all out, and the Jack O'Neill we all know and love traipses back to Earth and declares, "You know that Meaning of Life stuff? I think we're gonna be all right." It's one of the few eps where we actually are assured that we can really win and not totally contort into something terrible in the process (i.e. 'Absolute Power'). It's a happy ending.

I like happy endings.

That's...by far the funniest summary of this episode that I have *ever* read.....thank you

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
    Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
    ~CELLO!~
    ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Definitly my favorite episode. Combines the humor we all love in the series, the examination of an aincient culture and Daniel Jackson translating. I love when he does that.

So it gets my vote as best episode ever.

Comment

No wonder RDA was good at not hardly speaking in this epsiode. I didn't know he had started out as mime until I saw the latest Stargate lowdown.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
          The reason I was asking was that on another thread, people said that there wasn't a plan for the homemade zpm.
          Twasn't a ZPM. It was supped up naquadah reactor. Jack just used to ancient knolwdge in his head to build a device capable of using the Naqaudah in the staff weapon in a much more powerful way. (power = energy/time)

in other words it enable Jack ot use all the energy need to power a staff weapon for a millenia in a couple of short bursts.
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

Thanks for explaining the device, CW. I always thought it was a ZPM, homemade.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
              Just a little trivia for you all that proves the Ancients have a sense of humor. If you freeze frame the instructions O'Neill draws up to save Carter and Teal'c from the furnace planet, there's a small line on the bottom that reads: "If this all fails, well… see ya!"

I couldn't stop laughing after I spotted it.
              Never noticed before, but now I will just have to take a look....Thanks

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

I know just about all of the lines in this episode I agree it is one of the best episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                  Just a little trivia for you all that proves the Ancients have a sense of humor. If you freeze frame the instructions O'Neill draws up to save Carter and Teal'c from the furnace planet, there's a small line on the bottom that reads: "If this all fails, well… see ya!"

I couldn't stop laughing after I spotted it.
                  I love reading as much of that document as I can. It also mentions that the power source for the DHD is a "cold fusion reactor".

-IMF
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                    Never noticed before, but now I will just have to take a look....Thanks
                    How do you know thats not jacks personality? He wasnt completely gone and could still right his thoughts out...its something he would do

Comment

It's a little scary when even the total sum knowledge of an entire civilization can't wipe out the irrepressible O'Neill humor.

Comment

could someone post a decent readable shot of the instructions?
                        sigpic
                        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Ta - da! The pertinent info is kind a blurry, but it's legible (bottom right corner).

http://www.stargatefan.com/episodes2...images/238.jpg

or

http://www.stargatefan.com/episodes2...images/239.jpg

Comment

It's a toss-up as to which S2 ep is better... this one or A Matter of Time. Guess I'll settle for both...

And the boxing scene with Teal’c and Jack – The way Jack was dressed and how he danced around Teal'c. LOL!!! Little wonder T said to him “I do not understand O'Neill. Are we preparing to dance or to do battle?”
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

This is episode is incredible. I just saw it for the first time and I loved it. So far the best episode of the second season. It was smart and funny. i brought a diffrent perspective to the show. I love seen jack act smart and making all this weird artifacts. The scene whrere jack is trying to teach Teal'c how to box was hilarious. I like that the asgard didn't just ditch us cause we are a young race like other races that send them away cause they thougth humans can't handle it. I like that they think we have potential and I think Jack was trying to find a bond or make them see that we have something in common. That we are both very curious about others. I have to say that it is absolutly incredible.

Comment

I hated this ep. It was the worst ep of all stargate eps combined. It should be burned. JUST KIDDING Dont give me a red point for this. Everyone is saying how its the best ep ever and i had to play the devil's advocate.

But really i liked this ep alot. It was real funny and for quite awhile after this ep i was using words like fron, cruvus and all the others. People started to think i was crazy so i had to stop before they took me to a mental institution. This is just another ep of why i love Jack. Im going to miss him so much in S9.

Comment

Working...
                                X