The Fifth Race (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My favorite episode

Jack O'Neill: "Teal'c looked. I looked. It grabbed my head, I passed out, I came to, we're here, we're home, can we go?"
    General Hammond: "Colonel? Are you sure you're okay?"
    Jack O'Neill: "I am absolutely fine. There is nothing cruvus with me." [Everyone stares at him] "What?"
    Daniel Jackson: "You just said there's nothing cruvus with you."
    Jack O'Neill: "I did not."
    Daniel Jackson: "Yes, you did."
    Jack O'Neill: "No I didn't."
    Daniel Jackson: "Yes, you did."
    Jack O'Neill: "Didn't."
    Daniel Jackson: "Did."
    Jack O'Neill: "Didn't."
    Daniel Jackson: "Did."
    Jack O'Neill: "Cruvus? What is that?"
    Daniel Jackson: "I don't know. Um, well, I'm guessing the context of what you were saying you were trying to say that there was nothing wrong with you."

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

I like it at the end when Jack told the Asgard we were a curious race. But, we are also a resouceful race. The furture episode have prove that and the Asgard come to us with some of their problems becuase of that.

Comment

Jack: Apparently I've lost the fallatus to speka properly. *beat* That was *NOT* a joke. I didn't mean to do it.

Great Episode for the humor alone. Yet also a deep meaningful important plot devolping episode. This one has it all. Like WoO in certian ways.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

i love that scene it's one of those things you'd call a classic ...totally cool episode!!

Comment

Just a little trivia for you all that proves the Ancients have a sense of humor. If you freeze frame the instructions O'Neill draws up to save Carter and Teal'c from the furnace planet, there's a small line on the bottom that reads: "If this all fails, well… see ya!"

I couldn't stop laughing after I spotted it.
            END OF LINE

Comment

Besides The Lost City - best ep ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing cruvis with me
              The words keep popping right into my fron
              Keep you Kosars bent

Jack speaking another language (I find men who speak more than one language ehm...interesting (if you understand what I'm saying ))

The whole Asguard thing and

Jack's Big honkin invention!!!!

9 out of 9 chevrons!
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                Besides The Lost City - best ep ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is nothing cruvis with me
                The words keep popping right into my fron
                Keep you Kosars bent

Jack speaking another language (I find men who speak more than one language ehm...interesting (if you understand what I'm saying ))

The whole Asguard thing and

Jack's Big honkin invention!!!!

9 out of 9 chevrons!

hee hee sueKay

i have to agree with you though this is a fantastic ep and we get to see one of the asguard home worlds othala(i think)

BTW why is the asguard gate the same make as the tau'ri one, could they not have asked for the atlantis upgrades from the ancients??

maybe purple perhaps?????

Comment

I'm new to the forums but I just had a question: Daniel says he believes JacK was speaking the language of the original gate builders, ie the ancients- because he says the Romans learnt how to build roads from "The Ancient ones." I'm not very learned in Roman mythology, but do 'the ancient ones' exist in Roman mythology?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                    Jack: Apparently I've lost the fallatus to speak properly. *beat* That was *NOT* a joke. I didn't mean to do it.

Great Episode for the humor alone. Yet also a deep meaningful important plot devolping episode. This one has it all. Like WoO in certian ways.
                    I love that bit. The fact that Jack even had to tell them "That was not a joke." speaks volumes about him.

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                    Just a little trivia for you all that proves the Ancients have a sense of humor. If you freeze frame the instructions O'Neill draws up to save Carter and Teal'c from the furnace planet, there's a small line on the bottom that reads: "If this all fails, well… see ya!"

I couldn't stop laughing after I spotted it.
                    LOL. I love it. More Jack humor.

And, as my sig picture could *technically* be considered a spoiler. (A fact which didn't strike me until recently.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most.
                    Jynjyr
                    You're never too old to do something goofy.
                    sigpic
                    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Originally posted by Only_1_Kenobi
                      I'm not very learned in Roman mythology, but do 'the ancient ones' exist in Roman mythology?
                      Nothing that could be easily identified as such. And the idea that the Romans "invented" road-building was silly. They were the first to realize an investment in roads could lead to a larger empire, but there was no one "moment" in Roman history that is a mysterious leap forward (as opposed to Egyptian pyramid-building and such). Most of Roman culture, including the Latin language, is a mixture of Etruscan & Greek culture. We know a ton about how the Greek language developed, but almost nothing about the Etruscans. So it would've made a lot more sense for the Ancients to have influenced the Etruscan language. Oh well.

Comment

really great episode one of my favourites I'm going to watch it again tonight I liked all the great dialogs with Jack
                        your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Can someone tell me what Jack was drawing when SG-1 was in briefing room right after the opening credits? I believe it was the plans for the homemade zpm, that was made later in the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            Can someone tell me what Jack was drawing when SG-1 was in briefing room right after the opening credits? I believe it was the plans for the homemade zpm, that was made later in the episode.
                            I haven't seen the episode in a while, but I belive it was the homemade ZPM. I think it was later that he drew out the designs for the DHD.
                            Rocky

Comment

The reason I was asking was that on another thread, people said that there wasn't a plan for the homemade zpm.
                              Last edited by greytop; 29 November 2004, 02:50 PM. Reason: didn't sound right

Comment

There's a reason that I like this episode.

Let's face it. Our favorite SG team spends 36 hours a day skating frozen chaos, bare hairs from total disaster/annhilation. We close one threat, sit on the lid, and another one pops up. And another. And another. And while we're off dealing with those, lids pop up and out come the creepy crawlies. It's a bit like a galatic game of Whack-a-Mole, but with higher stakes.

This ep isn't like that. Jack gives in to his curiousity, sticks his nose where it doesn't belong, and starts doodling thingamabobs that look suspiciously like ZPMs during briefings. Next thing we know he's building souped-up camping lanterns and gallivanting to another galaxy. But you know what? It all turns out all right in the end. The Asgaard use a palm-sized vacuum cleaner, wipe it all out, and the Jack O'Neill we all know and love traipses back to Earth and declares, "You know that Meaning of Life stuff? I think we're gonna be all right." It's one of the few eps where we actually are assured that we can really win and not totally contort into something terrible in the process (i.e. 'Absolute Power'). It's a happy ending.

I like happy endings.

Comment

Working...
                                X