No announcement yet.

The Fifth Race (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I still like my alternate universe idea.
    Shep: I can't hear you threatening to suck the life out of me 'til you hit the button on the radio.

Soldier (In Russian): Are you Russian spies?
    Daniel: Niet.
    Jack: Daniel!
    Daniel: What? He asked if we were Russian spies and I said no........oh.
    -1969 (221)

Comment

Question: why would Thor say the human had the potential to become the fifth race?

Aren't the Ancients some pretty advanced humans who died/ascended bijillion years ago? (Or am I getting my Gate Trvia mixed up?)
      In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume
        Question: why would Thor say the human had the potential to become the fifth race?

Aren't the Ancients some pretty advanced humans who died/ascended bijillion years ago? (Or am I getting my Gate Trvia mixed up?)
        Yes the Ancients were the one's who died/ascended a long time ago. However they were one of 4 races who were apart of the allience that meet at Heliopolis (the "meaning of life" place ), thus we'd be the fifth race to ever become apart of the allience.
        ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
        The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
          Yes the Ancients were the one's who died/ascended a long time ago. However they were one of 4 races who were apart of the allience that meet at Heliopolis (the "meaning of life" place ), thus we'd be the fifth race to ever become apart of the allience.
          Thanks for the response. Yeah, The Torment Of Tantalus was a good episode, even though I thought that old guy looked a bit silly.

The thing is, though, since the Ancients were human and "we" are human, wouldn't "we" have potential to rejoin the alliance (instead of becoming the fifth race)?

Comment

Originally posted by Liebestraume

Thanks for the response.
            No problem

The thing is, though, since the Ancients were human and "we" are human, wouldn't "we" have potential to rejoin the alliance (instead of becoming the fifth race)?
            I doubt, at the time, TPTB knew we were going to basically be "unevolved" Ancients, or whatever you want to call us. Plus the Nox are humanoid as well, but they diverged from what we'd call human at some point to become the Nox so while they are similar to us I think there is a genetic difference. After all the difference between Apes and humans isn't that much, genetically speaking, yet we consider them a different species.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
              After all the difference between Apes and humans isn't that much, genetically speaking, yet we consider them a different species.
              When you use such ... flattery, I see you point.

Comment

This episode is on right now. TPTB, watch it. Take notes. Learn it. Make episodes like this. You can't get any better.

(no, sticking Jack's head in an Ancient's device and saying job done is not an adequate answer)
                I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I liked how Thor (correct me if I'm wrong with the name) told O'Neill that we were still young. But it was a great episode of my favorites and let me tell you I have a lot! Good writing.
                  Jack: (describing Urgo) It's a machine!
                  Urgo: That hurts!

I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe, and I wanna eat pie.
                  Jack: Hey, who doesn't?

Urgo: They're gonna kill you! They're gonna open your heads with giant can openers and then they scoop me out with a big scoopy thing... (starts crying)

Comment

We're still young? Haha, has Thor ever told us how old he is?
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

It wasn't Thor... It was some random Asgard who happened to be near the stargate when O'Neill came through.
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Knew that, it was 2 asgard (well tons if you count the background) little people. Hmm, that little 'hand' he had with the thing that took out the Ancient Depository in Jack, do all Asgard have those?
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The other guy (Neon Rider) said "correct me if I'm wrong"

Possibly all of them do.. Or maybe whoever that was was a special doctor they keep near the gate for any other "young" people who discover the Ancient Repositories.
                          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                            Knew that, it was 2 asgard (well tons if you count the background) little people. Hmm, that little 'hand' he had with the thing that took out the Ancient Depository in Jack, do all Asgard have those?
                            I think it has a special name, something like "plot device", or something.
                            I'm a little surprised that none of the writers picked up on it as a way for the Asgard to work their technology.
                            sigpic

Comment

One of my favorite episodes... ever

Comment

It was strange that a lot of asgard were standing in a long tunnel.

Comment

Working...
                                X