No announcement yet.

The Fifth Race (215)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one Asgard voice sounded too much like a female Goa'uld or Tok'ra. The other one was much more in line with the voices we hear later.

Also, it is interesting to note that in the script, the Asgard are called the "Asguard".

Anyway, GREAT episode!!!
    sigpic
    Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

The humor in these episodes continues to surprise me (yea, I know it's a re-watch, but I had forgotten how funny they were) I'm seriously enjoying the funny more this time around and not taking it so seriously.

Here's a shot of Sam totally geeking out. 10=8, yea, whatever.

The thingy worked for Jack and not for Teal'c because
      Spoiler:
      of the ancient gene, right? Only we don't discover that until later? Ties in nicely with the Atlantis storyline (aka "continuity")

Favorite banter from this episode is a toss-up.

O'NEILL
      What?
      DANIEL
      You just said there's nothing 'cruvus' with you.
      O'NEILL
      I did not.
      DANIEL
      Yes, you did.
      O'NEILL
      No, I didn't.
      DANIEL
      Yes, you did.
      O'NEILL
      Didn't.
      DANIEL
      Did.
      O'NEILL
      Didn't.
      DANIEL
      Did.
      O'NEILL
      Cruvus, what is that?

or

TEAL'C
      What is the reason for these padded gloves, O'Neill?
      O'NEILL
      So we don't hurt each other.
      O'NEILL
      I'll be honest with you, Teal'c, it's so you don't hurt me.
      TEAL'C
      If our purpose is to not cause each other harm, why, then, are we doing battle?
      O'NEILL
      What can I tell ya, it's boxing. It's fun. Come on.
      O'NEILL
      Come on Teal'c, you've got to move around a little bit. You've got to dance.
      TEAL'C
      I do not understand O'Neill. Are we preparing to dance or to do battle?

And... Zack Adama (i mean, Simmons) makes another appearance!

Comment

I totally agree, everybody got to be funny in this episode. Good to see you're enjoying your re-watch!

Originally posted by Pic View Post

O'NEILL
        What?
        DANIEL
        O'NEILL
        I did not.
        DANIEL
        Yes, you did.
        O'NEILL
        No, I didn't.
        DANIEL
        Yes, you did.
        O'NEILL
        Didn't.
        DANIEL
        Did.
        O'NEILL
        Didn't.
        DANIEL
        Did.
        O'NEILL
        Cruvus, what is that?
        I vote for this one! I always find it hilarious when Daniel and Jack act like 12 year olds and get into the did/didn't arguments.

That's where he's from! I just knew I'd seen him before! Good catch!

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post

Also, it is interesting to note that in the script, the Asgard are called the "Asguard".

Anyway, GREAT episode!!!
          Is there a place where we can see copies of the shooting scripts? Not transcripts of the scripts, but the actual scripts themselves?

And yeah, I love it when Daniel and Jack act like 12 year olds. Just gives a new element to these grown men's personalities.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Highly doubt it. I think TPTB only have the actual script.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

I liked when O'Neall was smarter than Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Verdande View Post
                I totally agree, everybody got to be funny in this episode. Good to see you're enjoying your re-watch!

I vote for this one! I always find it hilarious when Daniel and Jack act like 12 year olds and get into the did/didn't arguments.

Yes it was very funny I vote fore that too

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Highly doubt it. I think TPTB only have the actual script.
                  Well, there are a lot of sites that do have copies of scripts out there. I was hoping someone knew of one that had a few Stargate scripts. I found the movie, but wanted a few SG-1 eps as well. I'll keep looking

Back to the episode, yeah, I really like it when Jack is smarter than Carter, too. It's a nice change and RDA plays it so very well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Oh I am SO enjoying the re-watch. I'm finding it much funnier than I remember. I mean, I knew it was funny, but I'm just cracking up now!

BSG withdraw - my re-watch will probably slow down even further (if that's possible) come January. Then again, maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                      Well, there are a lot of sites that do have copies of scripts out there. I was hoping someone knew of one that had a few Stargate scripts. I found the movie, but wanted a few SG-1 eps as well. I'll keep looking
                      http://media.dave.tv/sites/stargates...ays/s02e15.PDF

This is the script for "The Fifth Race". You can switch scripts by altering the URL from s02e15 to s04e12, for example.
                      sigpic
                      Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Close but not quite. I'm looking for a copy of one of the shooting scripts, not just one with the dialogue and timestamp. Thanks for trying, tho!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                          Close but not quite. I'm looking for a copy of one of the shooting scripts, not just one with the dialogue and timestamp. Thanks for trying, tho!
                          Well, then the only ones I'm aware of were published in "Stargate SG-1: The Essential Scripts".

http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-SG-1-...6295309&sr=1-2

It includes shooting scripts for The Torment of Tantalus, The Fifth Race, Window of Opportunity, 2010, Wormhole X-Treme, and Abyss.

Not much, but it's something.
                          sigpic

Comment

Oh, very cool. I may have to pick that up. Thanks for the link!
                            sigpic

Comment

The humor in these episodes continues to surprise me (yea, I know it's a re-watch, but I had forgotten how funny they were) I'm seriously enjoying the funny more this time around and not taking it so seriously.

Here's a shot of Sam totally geeking out. 10=8, yea, whatever.

The thingy worked for Jack and not for Teal'c because
                              Spoiler:
                              of the ancient gene, right? Only we don't discover that until later? Ties in nicely with the Atlantis storyline (aka "continuity")

O'NEILL
                              What?
                              DANIEL
                              O'NEILL
                              I did not.
                              DANIEL
                              Yes, you did.
                              O'NEILL
                              No, I didn't.
                              DANIEL
                              Yes, you did.
                              O'NEILL
                              Didn't.
                              DANIEL
                              Did.
                              O'NEILL
                              Didn't.
                              DANIEL
                              Did.
                              O'NEILL
                              Cruvus, what is that?

or

TEAL'C
                              What is the reason for these padded gloves, O'Neill?
                              O'NEILL
                              So we don't hurt each other.
                              O'NEILL
                              I'll be honest with you, Teal'c, it's so you don't hurt me.
                              TEAL'C
                              If our purpose is to not cause each other harm, why, then, are we doing battle?
                              O'NEILL
                              What can I tell ya, it's boxing. It's fun. Come on.
                              O'NEILL
                              Come on Teal'c, you've got to move around a little bit. You've got to dance.
                              TEAL'C
                              I do not understand O'Neill. Are we preparing to dance or to do battle?

HAHAH yea I loved that that was insanly helariouse

Good Ep, This is definitly a favorite I love when Jack goes Anceint and says funny stuff like "Cruvus" Lol
                              Spoiler:
                              S.7 Jack goes Anceint once AGAIN!

Comment

I wonder what would have happened if Teal'c had gone with Jack?

Comment

Working...
                                X