X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luthienberen
    Yes, because, even though he has the
    Spoiler:
    Anicent gene his brain is still not advanced enough to be able to withstand the wealth and depth of knowedgle that the Anicents secured in the Device.

Jack is the next step that allows him to use the Ancient tech, but he hasn't reached the stage of the frozen Ancient in S6 where his brain capcity can hold the knowedgle without breaking. So, if he hadn't found the Asgard he would have died or lost himself. And yes, the Asgard have not gone far into surrending the secrets of the Ancients form the Device. And surely talking about S7/8 stuff in the S2 folder requires a spolier ?
    Understood and thanx for refreshing my memory.!
    Originally posted by luthienberen
    And by all means watch! A stellar ep. Jack and Daniel friendness and the shivering feeling of big matters!
    The other episode that really hit home for me and gave that "shivering feeling" was Lost City part II when Jack unleashed the Ancient squid drones on Anubis' fleet, I think I actually cheered.
    Last edited by the Fifth Race; 04 June 2006, 11:18 AM.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race
      Understood and thanx for refreshing my memory.!

The other episode that really hit home for me and gave that "shivering feeling" was Lost City part II when Jack unleashed the Ancient squid drones on Anubis' fleet, I think I actually cheered as well.
      Your welcome!

Ditto to the second para!

The man who opened the way.

The man who led the way.

"It will take you a million light years from home. But will it bring you back?" Stargate the movie

A mystery ... a secret ... a threshold ... to the future. Stargte the movie

The perfect SG-1 team: Colonel Jack, Daniel, Major Ferretti and Jonas

Comment

yeah i love lost city part one and two but i still hope one day someone is able to turn complety into ancient and live and they just make a voice translater so that they talk ancient but to every one else they apper to be talking english

Comment

I didn't go back and read all 8 pages of this but I found it interesting that it was the first mention of The Furlings.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode; it was a perfect balance of drama and humour. It was great to see Jack as the one with all the technobabble for once (I'm not going to enter the debate on how dangerous it was for him, as I've only seen the first two seasons, so don't know anything about his 'ancient gene' etc). The boxing scene between Jack and Teal'c was very funny; though it's perfectly understandable that a highly trained and disciplined warrior like Teal'c might find the concept a little puzzling.

The Asgard are cool - looking forward to seeing more of them.
            sigpic
            Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Originally posted by zats View Post
              The boxing scene: according to Essential Scripts, CJ didn't pull his punch enough and actually hit RDA hard enough to knock him over exactly the way it looked on camera. The "Am I bleeding?" and responding "You are fine, O'Neill" were lightning-fast ad-libs on the actors' parts.

Amazing what you learn going through old posts!! If I heard that, I had long forgotten it!

Harlan's Speechwriter - Hello! Loved this episode, it was one of my favorites (well, most of S1-5 are favs) and one I could watch over and over again. Loved the Daniel/Jack interaction as well, especially when they were acting like 5 year olds ... did to ... did not ... did ... not

The boxing scene is one of my all time favorites!

Glad you're enjoying the shows!

MFA

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
                Best Episode Ever!
                Oh yeah! *cheers*

Comment

I didn't understand why none of the SG-1 members accompanied Jack on his trip?

Comment

Maybe they felt what he was becomming and where he was going wasonly ment for him.

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                      I didn't understand why none of the SG-1 members accompanied Jack on his trip?
                      The rest of SG-1 believed it was a one way trip, and Jack would have died if he didn't at least try to see where the wormhole would lead to.

Comment

Wait, the Goa'uld pre-dated the Ancients, why would the device not respond to Teal'C? His physiology isn't THAT different from humans, right? I think it must've been some/one of the Ancients that came back from Atlantis. That means that those Ancients made enemies with the Goa'uld after they came back. I wonder why they didn't simply wipe them out... mabye they couldn't..

Comment

I liked this episode a lot, but I think it is way overrated. The idea that there was character development for Jack or that his intelligence was allowed to be showcased versus Daniel's or Sam's doesn't work for me, because it wasn't Jack that developed the power source or did anything (until the end when he met with the Asgard and it really was just Jack). It was the knowledge of the Ancients inside of Jack.

I wish there was an episode that made Jack out ot be more the intellectual he no doubt is, even surrounded by supposed big brains like Daniel and Sam.

I mean, good episode, but, for me, best SG-1 episode ever? Not even close. No way.

Comment

Not the best SG-1 ever, I agree. But it laid the groundwork for future storylines. If I'm not mistaken this is the first time the team meets the Asgard, and what spin they added to the series. And we hear about the (in?)famous Furlings who spawned quite a few threads, saying they were never even shown. The gene wasn't mentioned here, but it allowed them to introduce it without it seeming to come out of nowhere. Same with the headsucker, which proved more useful in TLC.

And while you can chalk up Jack's genius as purely the result of the Ancient device, episodes like this hint that he has great potential, but he's quite the slacker. Also, I didn't really have any doubt, but if the super-smart Asgard give him their stamp of approval, you have to figure he's more clever than he ever lets on.
                            If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Originally posted by gateman2007 View Post
                              Wait, the Goa'uld pre-dated the Ancients, why would the device not respond to Teal'C? His physiology isn't THAT different from humans, right? I think it must've been some/one of the Ancients that came back from Atlantis. That means that those Ancients made enemies with the Goa'uld after they came back. I wonder why they didn't simply wipe them out... mabye they couldn't..

Very likely. Remember they had to come through with what they could carry, leaving pretty much all their big tech behind. So they had little with which to wage war against the Gou'ald. Also maybe they were just a little amblivant about going to war with them after seeing their asses kicked by the wraith so did nothing but key their tech so the gou'ald could not use it..

Comment

I laughed when I saw Jack in that codpiece.

Rating 10/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...ifth-race.html
                                My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                                http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X