No announcement yet.

Touchstone (214)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DHD in Touchstone was from the Antartic gate. It was was said in Frozen that DHD then quickly ran out of power hinting at the Antartic gate being the oldest gate in the system. The Antartic gate and its DHD was most likely stored in Area 51 and its no secret that Area 51 had NID leaks
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

yes it was

sigpic
      Sig made by squirrely1
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
      *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Just finished watching this episode, and then see it on the main forum page. Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          The DHD in Touchstone was from the Antartic gate. It was was said in Frozen that DHD then quickly ran out of power hinting at the Antartic gate being the oldest gate in the system. The Antartic gate and its DHD was most likely stored in Area 51 and its no secret that Area 51 had NID leaks
          Thanks for all the replies, that clears it up. I've that episode so many times and it never bothered me until a few days ago.

Ran out of power? I didn't know DHD's could but there you go!
          sigpic
          Ten Years, A Lot Of Enemies, A Presumed Death, A Complete Back Story Rewrite....But Still Looking Good!

Comment

Spoiler:

OK, he was weird.

The intro to the NID-in-space thing was pretty good. The natives were a bit cheesy.
            Maybourne is an a$$, which is what his character is intended to be. He just does such a good job at being one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
              Spoiler:

OK, he was weird.
              I believe that the actor who plays him later played Merlin.
              sigpic
              Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                I believe that the actor who plays him later played Merlin.
                Cool, I hadn't realized that.
                OT:
                He played in the 2nd or 3rd Sanctuary episode too (the Folding Man one)

Comment

Ooo I just noticed that he played Merlin to
                  Thanks for the Info lol.
                  This was an OK Ep. I like the fact that General Hammond got all stricked with that NID guy that was giving him Information. (Can't remember his name)

Hah I like what Teal'C said to Mayboure
                  Teal'C : "In my culture I would have it in my rights to Dismember you"

Comment

whenever i hear/sea this title i always think of the quantum mirror, i just think it would be a better name for it imo, but i would defo like to see teal'c "dismember" maybourne lmao brilliant episode, i love ALL stargate episodes

Comment

Ah the touchstone. A nice idea for an episode which made me hate Maybourne even more.
                      Some say that he has only one ear.
                      And that he solved the Da Vinci Code in 3 minutes.
                      All we know is he's called
                      sigpic

Comment

What I couldn't figure out is why they just left the poor half naked Madronians to die of exposure in the blizzard. I mean here we are running around Earth piddling around while Madrona turns into an icebox. Is anybody else bothered by this?

Comment

Originally posted by Enosh74 View Post
                          What I couldn't figure out is why they just left the poor half naked Madronians to die of exposure in the blizzard. I mean here we are running around Earth piddling around while Madrona turns into an icebox. Is anybody else bothered by this?
                          Well... given such episodes as "Red Sky", "The Sentinel", and even "A Hundred Days", not all Milky Way Humans are eager to evacuate their homes, especially when in the past a piece of technology protected them. For example, the Sentinel had always driven off the Goa'uld and protected the Latonans.

Maybe the Madronans didn't even want to leave for similar reasons.
                          sigpic
                          Watching now: Doctor Who Series 3/29 (rewatch) - The X-Files Season 2 (rewatch) - Pushing Daisies Season 1 - Torchwood Series 1 - Red Dwarf Series 8 - Battlestar Galactica Season 2 (rewatch) - Northern Exposure Season 3 (rewatch)

Comment

Originally posted by Ulkesh47 View Post
                            Well... given such episodes as "Red Sky", "The Sentinel", and even "A Hundred Days", not all Milky Way Humans are eager to evacuate their homes, especially when in the past a piece of technology protected them. For example, the Sentinel had always driven off the Goa'uld and protected the Latonans.

Maybe the Madronans didn't even want to leave for similar reasons.
                            That certainly may be accurate. I was just surprised it wasn't mentioned. I realize 43 minutes isn't time to go into every detail but they might have dropped a hint that an attempt had been made.

Comment

Originally posted by Enosh74 View Post
                              of course, the Madronians thought that we were being tricky and stealing there stuff and then lying...that wouldn't really make me want to leave with us either if i were them.... they'd probably rather take their chances with the blizzard than go through the stargate (that they don't know how to control) with ppl they're not sure they can trust anymore. Remember, it was SG1 finding and returning the Touchstone that restored the Madronians trust in us.....

i thought this episode was ok....Maybourne, love to hate 'im! and it was cool to see all the "stuff" SG1 has brought back through the gate being researched and stuff....something just doesn't sit well with me with the NID and some of what happens at Area 51.....
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't know what happend with me today.. I watched this epp for the first time and for some reason I was like Whoa whats going on... then I did some research and found out that it was a continuation from a season epp. I don't know how I forgot that eppisode. Thats weird... They should have done a little recap from that eppisode before the start of Touchstone. I will have to pay more attention to this show or something. maybe I should not be swiching from SG1 and Battlestar haha. I get confused. Though it could happen with anyone... Hopefully this wont happen anymore! Did anyone else watch this eppisode and be like "whats going on, there is another stargate?!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X