The Tok'ra, Part 2 (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum View Post
    It's an interesting concept, though - how do two completely independently sentient minds learn to cohabit? Particularly if one of them is used to being independent. Jacob seems happy with his new companion - but is that just the novelty factor mixed with gratitude for all that Selmak has done to heal him? What happens once that novelty begins to wear off and the reality of having someone else living inside him starts to kick in?
    It must get hard for a Tok'ra sometimes, knowing that they can't have any personal space or even just time to themselves. Heck, even deciding what film to go and see (or whatever the Tok'ra equivalent is) must be a nightmare.
    sigpic
    Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Why is this? Does Lantash feel that he and his host will be more 'acceptable' to the Tauri if Martouf speaks for them? What about Garshaw? Does she feel that her and Yosuuf's authority will be undermined if she doesn't? What happens if they disagree on this?
      I think the higher a tok'ra is, in their ranks, the more the symbiot is in 'front and center'. Like with lantash/martoof, lantash was rarely up front, where with selmak/jacob, most often it is selmak that is up front..

Do they each have a place to withdraw to for some 'time out' or are they inescapably intertwined? How does someone who is used to their own space deal with suddenly having their every thought on display to someone else who can speak independently of them?

It would be interesting to find out, though I suspect that it will be something that can only really be explored in the fanfic realm.
      I would love to know if they have a seperate place they can call their own.. like daniel did when he had those 12 or so other minds in him, in the lifeboat episode (season 7)..

Comment

Truely wierd, but fascinating. I wish there was more on what it's like to be blended, from the point of view of someone we can relate to, like Jacob.
        Does the host have their own "space"? Does the symbiote see every crazy thought that enters your mind? (scary!) Does the symbiote sleep when the host sleeps? (From a later episode "Nightwalkers" we know they don't have to). You would really, REALLY, hope you get along with the symbiote!

The physical health benefits are outstanding. Cured of all disease. All injuries that don't kill you are healed good as new. Your body operating at 100%.
        Plus all the knowledge you get too. And the symbiote can "take over' when you're not up to facing the world (like Lantach did when Martouf was overwhelmed with emotional memories)

Comment

Originally posted by First View Post
          Does the symbiote see every crazy thought that enters your mind?
          Given some of the crazy thoughts that enter my mind, I bloomin' well hope not!
          sigpic

Comment

Given some of the crazy thoughts that enter my mind, I bloomin' well hope not!
            If all our thoughts were public, I think we'd all be locked up.

Can you imagine the coversations you'd have in your head with the symbiote. "what do you think about th...." "yes good idea" "and the.." "yes that too" "eew don't think that" "sorry I jus.." "apology accepted"

Talk about finishing each other's sentences.

Comment

If all our thoughts were public, I think we'd all be locked up.

Can you imagine the coversations you'd have in your head with the symbiote. "what do you think about th...." "yes good idea" "and the.." "yes that too" "eew don't think that" "sorry I jus.." "apology accepted"

Talk about finishing each other's sentences.
              Even the most simple decisions could become very complicated. Can you imagine the internal arguements over what to have for dinner or watch on TV?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan's Speechwriter View Post
                Can you imagine the internal arguements over what to have for dinner?
                With the symbiote's knowledge of human physiology, it would be like having a deitician in your head telling you what to eat. "How am I supposed to keep your arteries clean when you keep eating junk like that!"

Comment

With the symbiote's knowledge of human physiology, it would be like having a deitician in your head telling you what to eat. "How am I supposed to keep your arteries clean when you keep eating junk like that!"
                  Crikey. It'd be like having a parent in your head the whole time, wouldn't it? "Don't eat that, it's bad for you!" "Don't do that, you'll hurt yourself!"
                  sigpic

Comment

^

maybe you can eat junk food and the symbiote cleans up the mess!!!
                    Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                    sigpic
                    sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

I enjoyed the Tok'ra two parter. Although watching the process of Selmak transferring to Jacob made me a little squeamish.

Would have been interesting to know if the Tok'ra spies on board Apophis's battleships would have prevented an attack on Earth if SG1 hadn't destroyed the battleships.

I'm curious why the Goa'uld fleet attacking the Tok'ra base didn't immediately dial up the stargate on the Tok'ra planet in order to prevent the Tok'ra escaping. Instead the battleships first sent out their fighters to strafe the surface to no effect.

Comment

This was a great ep. I was rewatching it today with my husband, and he asked me a question that made me laugh. He said, do you thnk since Jacob is a Tok'ra, that he still gets paid by the airforce?

Comment

Doubtful

Comment

I liked how Jacob said, "Holly Hannah." It kinda showed how he rubbed off on Sam while she was growing up.

Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...a-part-ii.html
                            My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                            http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Doubtful
                              I don't know I bet his pension is being put into a bank account, if all record of him disappeared it could raise some questions.

Originally posted by HelloVelo
                              I liked how Jacob said, "Holly Hannah." It kinda showed how he rubbed off on Sam while she was growing up.

Rating: 7/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2...a-part-ii.html
                              When did Sam say Holly Hannah?
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gatechick View Post
                                This was a great ep. I was rewatching it today with my husband, and he asked me a question that made me laugh. He said, do you thnk since Jacob is a Tok'ra, that he still gets paid by the airforce?
                                They probably have him down as "retired."

Comment

Working...
                                X