No announcement yet.

The Tok'ra, Part 2 (212)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved the Tok'ra two parter. It was really interesting plot wise and all.

I love Martouf
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Great episode I'll have to see it again sometime because it's been a while when I saw that episode again.I'll watch it tonight
      your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
        I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who would jump Sam's dad if I had half a chance. He is very very sexy. I guess I just love the seasoned military types.
        I am so TOTALLY staying out of this one...

Comment

MF, I like Selmak's host too. Wise, but very humorous. Too bad there wasn't time for more banter between her and Jacob. Jacob (to Selmak): "You don't look so good." Selmak's retort: "You are no vision of beauty yourself, sir!"

Even though this was a 2 parter some parts (like above) seemed rushed (15 seconds of this backstory, 15 seconds of this present arc, 15 more seconds to introduce a future arc)... but it was nice to have Jacob admit he was a pain in the bottom and that he was proud of Sam and her accomplishments.
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

I agree. It would have been interesting to have a bit more time to see how the blending affected both Jacob and Selmak. We do pick things up a bit as the episode (and later seasons) progresses, but it would have been interesting to find out things like, how do they communicate with one another directly? Is it through some form of connection in the brain? I suppose it must be, but it would be fascinating to know how much of each minds' personal thoughts are directly broadcasted to the other. I'm not sure that some of the things I think about are suitable for the ears of another...

Plus, at the end of the ep, Jacob says that he knows that his mouth is moving, but he doesn't hear the words - I suppose Selmak teaches him how to listen to what's coming out of his mouth when Selmak's doing the talking.

It just would've been nice to have time to see some of this learning curve, I guess - even though a lot of it would have been invisible because it was going on largely in Jacob's head.

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode (and part 1) because we finally got to meet the Tok'ra after hearing about them from Jolinar, and we get to hear a bit more of Jolinar's history, too.
            sigpic

Comment

2 of my favorite charachters came out of this ep. Jacob and Martouf.
              Spoiler:
              Of course both are now dead.

Comment

I liked the whole "I know who the spy is" scene between Jack and Garshaw.
                Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

I don't understand how Kordesh managed to switch hosts. The women that he jumped into must have already had a symbiote within her. Any ideas?
                  Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

We know that they can forceably (is that a word?) remove a Goa'uld/Tok'ra in Pretense, so I guess that he did that before jumping host, then the question is what did he do with the Tok'ra?
                    Last edited by mightydefiant; 12 July 2005, 04:34 PM.
                    This is my sugnature!
                    Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Dropped it in a closing tunnel?
                      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

As far as i know the host was free to do as it wanted, and chose to kill itself in the tunnels that were closing as punishment for what it's symbiote did.

Comment

In atonement might be closer than punishment, but yeah, same concept.

Comment

Originally posted by Amon_Ra
                            As far as i know the host was free to do as it wanted, and chose to kill itself in the tunnels that were closing as punishment for what it's symbiote did.
                            honrable yet stupid man

it was a cool effect though

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

To me, it seems quite bizarre that someone would consider the actions of another being to be a suitable argument for killing themselves - after all, it's not like the host had any options while the symbiote was in charge. But you could argue that his judgement is not at its sharpest at that moment in time.

After all, he's just been abandoned by a Goa'uld symbiote, so he's both disgusted at what he's done (albeit unwillingly) and probably revolted by the experience of being a host to the nasty little reptile. Add the two of those together and throw an emergency situation into the mix, and that's not exactly going to result in rational, objective thinking on the part of the ex-host. From his point of view (not mine, I hasten to add), the Tok'ra base is under attack, and he was responsible for it. Factor in the diminution of his rational thinking processes and it's almost inevitable that he's going to do something extremely rash. Unfortunately, in this case, the rash act was also a terminal one.

Either that or Garshaw is a far more intimidating individual than we ever realised...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka's_Mum

Either that or Garshaw is a far more intimidating individual than we ever realised...
                                HE'S AN UNDER COVER GOA'LD!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Working...
                                X