The Tok'ra, Part 1 (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HelloVelo View Post
    Wow, Jack was super grumpy in this episode.
    Yes, but he still had some funny lines as usual
    sigpic

Comment

Loved this ep, although for some reason Spirits was put before Part 1 on the Region 2 DVDs, so that the double parter is split between two disks...
      sigpic

Comment

Great episode. I cannot blame the Tok'ra for acting as they did toward SG-1 concerning releasing Captain Carter. She held some valuable stuff inside that brilliant mind of hers. Caution is always the best way. Jack is so funny. I don't think he really wanted to go to the Council Chambers at all. I believe he wanted to investigate the Tok'ra base. I liked the part near the end when they were talking about escaping, and Jack indicates that it wouldn't be a problem, since there were eight of them and Teal'c says, "Is this another one of your strange jokes, ONiell?"
        That was funny.
        "I choose freedom." Teal'c Threshold
        "To resist the influence of others, knowledge of one's self is most important." Teal'c Stronghold

Comment

did they really ask for Dr. Shanahan in the first shot of the hospital??
          They are really not creative with their names, are they? XD
          sigpic

Comment

9/10

I only wish that Amanda was better at exhibiting emotion, she always comes across as pretty cold to me, even in the most dire of situations.
            Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

In the female host Selmak was a female, does that mean that now that it is in Jacob Selmak becomes a male? Martouf wanted to marry Samantha, but how could he know that Lakash his symbiote would find someone to replace Jolinar as the belovd mate of Lakash, EVEN if it were Selmak? And how could Lakash and Jolinar have been "mates" when neither had any gender but merely followed the lead of their respective hosts?

Comment

What exactly was the story with the guy who was suspected of being a spy with that communication ball? It seemed that the Tok'ra leader called him Kordash and then called that female goa'uld spy Kordash as well.
                Plus she kept emphasizing the defeat of the System Lords. What would it do for the Tok'ra or anyone else if the Lords were defeated by the inherent nature of the goa'uld symbiotes was evil? Unless their evil nature was a learned behavior that could be unlearned. Otherwise the Tok'ra who were vastly outnumbered by the goa'ulds would still suffer from them.

Comment

From what i understand, what makes the Goa'ulds evil is
                  1) The fact that they use the sarcophagus all the time, which "destroys" their soul. As we could witness with Jackson in "Need"
                  2)Dependent on the queen that "gives birth" to them. She is the one who gives them their memory and stuff. (In one episode Eugeria gave birth to to Goa'ulds without any memory or personality.) So theoretically the queens control what the goa'ulds are like as far as any future new goa'ulds are concerned.
                  If the system lords would be beaten, then the other smaller evil goa'ulds would not be a challenge anymore. That way they would have it much easier and suffer less, because smaller Goa'ulds don't have the vast resources that the system lords did.
                  The symbiot does not have a gender so for them it doesn't matter if they are in a male or female host. Their gender will not change depending on their hosts gender. Their just snakes inside a body
                  Last edited by Zaany; 08 August 2011, 08:16 AM.
                  RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Originally posted by Zaany View Post
                    From what i understand, what makes the Goa'ulds evil is
                    1) The fact that they use the sarcophagus all the time, which "destroys" their soul. As we could witness with Jackson in "Need"
                    2)Dependent on the queen that "gives birth" to them. She is the one who gives them their memory and stuff. (In one episode Eugeria gave birth to to Goa'ulds without any memory or personality.) So theoretically the queens control what the goa'ulds are like as far as any future new goa'ulds are concerned.
                    If the system lords would be beaten, then the other smaller evil goa'ulds would not be a challenge anymore. That way they would have it much easier and suffer less, because smaller Goa'ulds don't have the vast resources that the system lords did.
                    The symbiot does not have a gender so for them it doesn't matter if they are in a male or female host. Their gender will not change depending on their hosts gender. Their just snakes inside a body
                    Are there any goa'uld bus drivers, lawyers, carpenters, mechanics, nurses, business men, car dealers etc.who would all simply be feudal peasants to the Pharoah?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2 View Post
                      Are there any goa'uld bus drivers, lawyers, carpenters, mechanics, nurses, business men, car dealers etc.who would all simply be feudal peasants to the Pharoah?
                      No. The Goa'uld's human slaves do that
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Ohh and she called that female Tok'ra Kordash later, because the Goa'uld(Kordash) jumped from the man to the woman. Thats why the man said "I am not what i appear to be" when he stood in front of the tunnel growing(or ungrowing as it were)
                        RIP Don S. Davis 1942-2008

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          No. The Goa'uld's human slaves do that
                          Well, it's a relief at least to know that not every human they take becomes a host for a goa'uld. ;-)
                          I mean, to stay human at least and have your profession as an accountant or carpenter or music teacher in the local town wouldn't be all that bad if you realized that those young symbiotes wouldn't be the slightest bit interested in you. I guess you'd also try to adjust your life accordingly to be able to stay out of their shopping list.
                          By the way, what ever happened to the female soldier who was kidnapped from the SGC by Apophis in the first episode of SG1?

Comment

How did they ptoduce the special effect of the transfer of Selmak to Jacob Carter from the dying old host??

Comment

Originally posted by Zaany View Post
                              Ohh and she called that female Tok'ra Kordash later, because the Goa'uld(Kordash) jumped from the man to the woman. Thats why the man said "I am not what i appear to be" when he stood in front of the tunnel growing(or ungrowing as it were)
                              What did he mean when he said that??

Comment

Sergeant Ketterings was killed by Apophis. Did you not watch the pilot?

Human slaves are lo'taurs and they aren't teachers, carpenters etc. The only thing the Goa'uld teach their slaves is to fight (Jaffa, taught by other Jaffa) and serve (lo'taurs in service of the Goa'uld).

Cordesh was a Tok'ra spy for the Goa'uld and member of the Grand Council of the Tok'ra. Originally the symbiote was in the man, who Jack followed and caught in the act. Then, the symbiote apparently switched hosts and somehow went into the woman (which is rather strange since it would be safe to assume the woman had a symbiote of her own, but whatever). The man (former host) was tormented by guilt over his inability to prevent Cordesh's betrayal and committed suicide by getting swallowed by the vanishing tunnels. I thought it was pretty obvious in the episode, really.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X