No announcement yet.

Bane (210)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot that line, haha ya that was a classic.

I just rewatched this episode and when teal'c was in chains walking away I got so freaking mad. That was one of the saddest scenes in all of stargate.
    sigpic

Comment

This was one of the first episodes I ever saw. I remember laughing at Jack-he's just too funny. Oh, and poor Teal'c. That was sad. But the watergun scene at the end was classic!

Comment

This wasn't in my oppinion one of jacks "funnny" episodes. This was a little more serious untill the very end with the water gun scene. What did O'neill do in this episode to make you laugh?
        sigpic

Comment

it was sad to see teal'c like that he was all wraped up in a caccon like the wraith do i just relised that

Comment

This was one of the first eps I ever saw. I love the end with the water guns. Too cute.

Comment

It was good to see a more vulnerable side to Teal'c. Usually (from what I've seen in Season 1 and the first three discs of Season 2), his larve seems to protect him from just about everything; in this episode, we get to seem him in a more 'human' way.

Jack's line asking permission to "beat the cr*p out of this man" was priceless, as was Teal'c with the water guns; he really seems to be evolving a sense of humour and fun.
              sigpic
              Please don't laugh, this is one of my first attempts at a banner.

Comment

Not the greatest episode, but I liked the bugs! The first shot of the episode, showing the empty city with the skyscrapers and rail line above the water (monorail?) was pretty cool.

I spotted my first Stargate blooper. While SG1 is in the abandoned city in the opening scene, you can see the reflections of moving vehicles in the glass behind O'Neil. Also, I heard seagulls in the background while Teal'c was stumbling into the abandoned warehouse. They must have filmed the scene close to the dockyard in Vancouver. The scene where Teal'c assaults his guards in the truck was filmed on a stretch of Canadian highway (with the towering pines growing on either side) that looked familiar from several X-files episodes.

Also, I'd never noticed until this episode - does Carter wear lipstick on every mission?

Comment

Space bugs. Gee, that's creative.

My Rating: 4/10

Full Review: http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/2008/06/bane.html
                  My attempt to watch every episode of SG-1 and Atlantis this summer:
                  http://stargatesummer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I really like the basis of this episode and the planet they found the bugs on was different and creative. However the part about the little girl helping Teal'c was extremely annoying. Even more annoying was the breaking of character at the end when he brought the water guns to the little girl. I see Teal'c saying thank you to the little girl and leaving it at that, but he has far to much honor to act like an idiot. They have an entire galaxy of Stargates to search and whenever they do the episodes are awesome. But when they do these earth episodes 50% of them turn out to be the worst episodes of all.
                    sigpic

Comment

ICK. EWWW. GROSS. This about sums up my opinion of this episode. Reminds of all those bugs, worms, slugs movies.

Lots of Jack-Mayrbourne interaction! The look on Maybourne's face when Jack asked permission to beat the crap out of him and Hammond seemed to be thinking about it. And when Maybourne warned Jack of courtmartial for hitting an officer but Jack said he's not hitting but shooting. Don't you just love hating Maybourne?

The little girl called Teal'c a dumbass! I like the kid.

Comment

Originally posted by L E E View Post
                        The little girl called Teal'c a dumbass! I like the kid.
                        I don't agree at all, that girl was annoying as crap.
                        sigpic

Comment

I always remembered this episode for some reason, the opening sequence but couldn't remember what episode it was - anyway I remembered it for a good reason. I thought it was a good earth/Stargate episode.

Jack-Maybourne interaction is always a highlight of episodes he is in. I also liked how Jack said about ER and zapping with the paddles and sparked the idea for Janet and Sam.

Another good performance by Christopher Judge, I personally liked how we saw a different side to Teal'c at the end and his interaction with Ally. Showed another side, and he does have a son so in away kind of shows the ways that he would of wanted/probably did act/play with his son. The man behind the amour.

Stargate SG-1 Re-Watch: Season 1, 2, 3

Comment

Quite boring episode, but the "tattoo" and "watergun" scenes saved it all

Comment

Wow ~ skimming through here it sounds like a lot of people didn't like this episode too much.

Granted, anything with Maybourne in it sets my teeth on edge (but that's what is supposed to happen).

Teal'c being led out of the SGC in chains was wrong! wrong! wrong! I mean, yes the bug could take over and make him go all Rambo on civilians or something, but I hated that scene (again, that's what I was supposed to do)

And Teal'c playing warrior with Ally? So totally in character. How do you think children jaffa learn all their techniques ~ life ain't all service & duty you know. In fact, the last scene is what made the whole episode work, IMO.

Teal'c is so frakkin' cool!

Comment

Haha, I have to agree with
                                Captain_Jake
                                The girl was WAAY annoying I'd be like can't you see im Metamorphasing?
                                But I like when the girl was like "I dont like the way you smell" To Maybourne
                                And the end was EPIC
                                with the water guns LoL poor Jackson,
                                It was waay sad to see Teal'C all chained up and in a Hazmat suit
                                Good Ep Overall, Gets boring after you watch it a few times thow

Comment

Working...
                                X